Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 102

Author Topic: Webadict's Supernatural - Game Over: Day of the Burning Sun  (Read 47601 times)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: Webadict's Supernatural - Day 2: One Evil Down, More To Go [11 / 13]
« Reply #735 on: September 25, 2022, 07:49:14 pm »

Egan, what'd you do last night?

Are we sure that we want to narrow down who killed Evil!Persus?
I agree with Egan here.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: September 25, 2022, 07:50:14 pm »

What, how did autocorrect manage that?

I meant, I would be halfway tempted to vote myself and use my dying message to mock you.
Honestly, you did really good this game before reverting to Demon Mafia manipulation again. You set off alarm bells at the very beginning but you covered them up real quickly when pressed. I'm proud of you. But you're not fooling me anymore. I mean this is the same kind of thing you said here:
I will just take solace in the fact that you are wrong and smile as I fall asleep.
You're not going to get any traction with this after that.

Maybe he's third-party, but Devils leave the game after getting their souls.

If we reject his devil deals then he loses if he's lying.
He's not a Devil though. He's a Witch who summons devils. I don't trust this to be that simple, and I want to remove the obviously evil guy who admitted to being obviously evil before he gets any stronger.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: September 25, 2022, 07:51:57 pm »

There are a number of reasons why he likely isn't Evil.

1. He was giving Jack a devil deal while Persus was dying
2. Persus was going after him on D1
3. He outted himself on D2 with the explicit promise to help town, knowing the risk
4. He has been behaving in a way that makes it appear he is alone, like not realizing to try to contact you on N1
All of these reasons appear to be predicated on the assumption that Evil == mafia team, which is the same assumption I'd made before, but notquitethere said the opposite. So I think we need to consider that he can be Evil and not part of whatever team there might be either.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: September 25, 2022, 07:53:18 pm »

Given that Persus got killed, there might not even BE a team. It could just be a bunch of Evil singletons potentially working at cross-purposes.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: September 25, 2022, 07:54:33 pm »

Whether he counts as Evil is not clear to me, although I'm inclined to take NQT's word for it.

A few riddles for you, and probably also NQT, about alignments in this game.

The Evil (with a capital E) win condition is for Evil players to equal or outnumber the remaining players. If an SK is Evil, and the mafia team is Evil, does the SK need to eliminate the mafia team to win?

In the event of a tie at end of day, Evil forces decide who gets chosen for elimination. How is this decided between Evil players that might not know of each other's existence?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: September 25, 2022, 07:56:34 pm »

Absolutely. Talk, now.

I asked if "we" are, not if YOU are. Does anyone else have opinions?

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: September 25, 2022, 07:57:12 pm »

The Evil (with a capital E) win condition is for Evil players to equal or outnumber the remaining players. If an SK is Evil, and the mafia team is Evil, does the SK need to eliminate the mafia team to win?
Probably, that would be normal for an SK anyway.

In the event of a tie at end of day, Evil forces decide who gets chosen for elimination. How is this decided between Evil players that might not know of each other's existence?
It doesn't say ALL Evil forces do. There does still seem to be a specific mafiakill, since that word is explicitly used in the power I gave EuchreJack. So there's at least one "traditional" Evil player who might get to make that decision.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: September 25, 2022, 07:57:45 pm »

Absolutely. Talk, now.

My opinion:

Good didn't kill Persus.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: September 25, 2022, 07:59:17 pm »

My opinion:

Good didn't kill Persus.
(I honestly tend to agree.)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: September 25, 2022, 08:00:43 pm »

There does still seem to be a specific mafiakill, since that word is explicitly used in the power I gave EuchreJack. So there's at least one "traditional" Evil player who might get to make that decision.
I can verify that that specific word also exists, when I was a Pixie I was unable to copy Mafiakills with the ability that gave Jack whatever he got from NQT.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: September 25, 2022, 08:02:08 pm »

Yes, I'd absolutely like to narrow down who killed Persus.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: September 25, 2022, 08:02:58 pm »

What do you mean, “admitted to being evil”? I have said I was town multiple times, maybe my role's flavor is evil, but in terms of this game, I’m town.

Also, demon mafia manipulation? Being mad because you clearly aren’t behaving rationally and are stuck on me being evil when almost everything else is to the contrary? And even if I was trying to manipulate you, why would I resort to using something that literally fail3d the last time?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: September 25, 2022, 08:05:11 pm »

Knightwing: Should we narrow down who killed Persus?

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: September 25, 2022, 08:08:01 pm »

Absolutely. Talk, now.

I'm leaning towards wanting to know Persus13's killer because I kind of want to know whether there was a mafia kill attempt or not.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: September 25, 2022, 08:10:00 pm »

Absolutely. Talk, now.

I'm leaning towards wanting to know Persus13's killer because I kind of want to know whether there was a mafia kill attempt or not.
that right there is actually a fairly solid reason. changed my opinion, I think we should figure it out.
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 102