Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 102

Author Topic: Webadict's Supernatural - Game Over: Day of the Burning Sun  (Read 47389 times)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
Re: Webadict's Supernatural - Day 1: The Burning Sun [13 / 13]
« Reply #360 on: September 22, 2022, 07:03:03 pm »

(Some interesting vote-shift stuff to report on, but will save it to EOD to avoid prejudicing results.)

Maybe you'd better share it now.

-snip-
EuchreJack - takes the same approach I do with Lenglon's claim, but Lenglon doesn't find it suspicious. -snip-
What.
I wrote most of the reads yesterday, and was waiting on the stragglers before updating, so that was an holdover. We don't need to relitigate this.

You have a bad habit of reusing outdated material.
At least so far, you've relitigated the Lenglon issue after it was already resolved, and reused a reads list that was old.

Very flat distribution. This won't ever catch scum, but we still have 30 hours to go.

Egan, I don't think I know anything about you this game. Tric is voting Toony who is voting 4mask who is voting Tric.

Whose the good, the bad and the ugly in this showdown?
And you've developed the habit of trying to pull the strings.

This is how you fill out your vote: NQT
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: September 22, 2022, 07:12:19 pm »

Jacks making point, no NQT charts.

Sadly, don't really see it right now. Any comments on me EuchreJack?

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: September 22, 2022, 07:20:12 pm »

okay, I'm currently (metaphorically) suffering whiplash from how fast my read of Jack is shifting.
It's shifting hard and fast enough that I'm about to bandwagon NQT, when only a few hours ago Jack was my preferred lynch.

NQT: the argument that sold me on voting you is one of fake activity. I admit to just being a follower on it, but I figured I should also say what part of the argument was convincing to me.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: September 22, 2022, 07:22:42 pm »

You're town. Stop wasting my time.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: September 22, 2022, 07:39:57 pm »

What, now you're all moving on NQT when nobody would vote for him when I did before.
NQT has been one of the players I trust least so far this game, and the one whose flip I most want to see. I think he could absolutely be scum, and, if I'm wrong, I think it would be informative to find out. I didn't want to move my vote off him before, but nobody was going for it then. :(

I feel like voting again will probably backfire again somehow, but I also want to win, which means I want to lynch scum, and I think this is the right way to do it, so. notquitethere.

Egan, I don't think your idea about how I play as scum is remotely accurate. Please tell me how any of it applies to the last game in which I was scum playing normally.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: September 22, 2022, 07:43:46 pm »

I am home.

You're town. Stop wasting my time.
Daaaaaaaaaaaamn Jack with the serious face.

I kind of like NQT though, especially after reading the part of Roguelike 7 that you linked.

PPE:
I feel like voting again will probably backfire again somehow, but I also want to win, which means I want to lynch scum, and I think this is the right way to do it, so. notquitethere.
Woah woah wooooooooah

The explosive and dramatic wagons between players is something I feel like I haven't seen in awhile. At least everyone is being respectful enough to do it today and not tomorrow.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: September 22, 2022, 07:48:27 pm »

The explosive and dramatic wagons between players is something I feel like I haven't seen in awhile. At least everyone is being respectful enough to do it today and not tomorrow.
I think it's a direct result of having more players, especially when the players have been all over the place so far. Now that a lynch I can actually agree with is on the table, I want to jump on it immediately just out of relief. That might just be me though; my opinion on d1 has not significantly improved from the very start and the thought of playing out a 78-hour 13-player d1 all the way through comes close to making me want to replace out. :P

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: September 22, 2022, 07:50:13 pm »

I'd say take it slow and make points you see.. But uh.. I still think you're scum with jack/toony. Nothing has really change on that front.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: September 22, 2022, 07:50:43 pm »

Max:
What, now you're all moving on NQT when nobody would vote for him when I did before.
NQT has been one of the players I trust least so far this game, and the one whose flip I most want to see. I think he could absolutely be scum, and, if I'm wrong, I think it would be informative to find out. I didn't want to move my vote off him before, but nobody was going for it then. :(

Are you talking about your case here:
No, lynch all liars.
Too simplistic. I partially claim, mislead, imply and outright fabricate as town if it's useful for outplaying scum. Scum thrive in an environment where they have good info on town powers and know who they have to kill and who they need to redirect etc. I beseech all my fellow town players to lie.
So you admit to being a liar, who should therefore be lynched! notquitethere!
which you unvoted here:
Spoiler: large (click to show/hide)
Are you sure you're not Third-Party Max? I really don't think you're behavior is town-like behavior here, and I don't accept your reasoning as-is.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: September 22, 2022, 07:55:37 pm »

I'd say take it slow and make points you see.. But uh.. I still think you're scum with jack/toony. Nothing has really change on that front.
Isn't that a totally new set of people you think I'm scum with?

Are you talking about your case here:
That wasn't a "case", that was a "vote", with "some words attached". I wanted to see if notquitethere was pinging anyone else the way he was me, and it seemed like he wasn't, so I didn't push it at the time since I had other people to worry about too.
Making an exploratory d1 vote without explaining it is what I almost always do. It's probably NAI rather than townie because I think I've done it as scum, but it shouldn't strike you as surprising at all.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: September 22, 2022, 07:59:12 pm »

I also believe that Max is acting as his scumself. I think I'd characterize it as being ornery. Sure he's usually antisocial but there's a certain kind of antisocial here.
I find it odd with Max's previous outburst that they would vote anybody after being goaded by Jim.

I feel mafia!Max wouldn't be so anti-town, so...it's a towntell. I actually scumread Max in Proc Gen 4 for being extremely selfless on D1 of that game. Later I read in the scumchat that Max himself thought that statement made him very townie, and was amused that I scumread them for it.

I don't believe Max acts extremely selfishly here as mafia, which is what he's been doing in this game.

Unrelatedly it's kinda stupid that I can get townread by half the players by showing up and being rude. I guess it's consistent enough?
Showing up is half the battle for you Egan. My first game with you I never even saw you post when you were mafia.

reads
Nice post! I agree with a lot of this.

Why'd you rank yourself though?

Tric's number one scumtell is that you can actually understand his posts and they seem to be logically leading somewhere. His towntell is that he gets overly excited about his power role and will murder whoever he has to in order to become stronger. These meta behaviors are very strong in his case and have been borne out through multiple games.

As such, lynching him because he's acting scummy and annoying usually means lynching town. If you are thinking: "you know, Tric has a point," he's usually scum.
100% correct.

Assuming that I'm scum if I'm wrong about your pet is a habit that both you and Webadict have picked up in the past years. How much do you want to commit to EuchreJack on Day 1?
Very committed. I would need a huge wakeup call from players better than me that Jack is mafia.

That Toonyman clearly hasn't seen me in so long he's forgotten how I play D1.
I had a good read of you last time we played right? The game where you were X-COM or whatever and I completely fucked up by voting Jack instead last second even thought I felt in my soul you were scum and Jack was innocent.

Also Toonyman thinking that I can't come up with reasons for someone after not having thoughts on them lol.

I literally put my entire thought process in the thread for everyone to see as I slowly came to my conclusions.
Yes, you have stated how you slowly came to your conclusions because you are a natural and very town thinker.

At this point, I think it would be helpful to explain my previous vote of 4maskwolf.

It had three goals:
1) See how 4mask would respond to the second vote.
2) See how Knightwing64 would respond to someone joining his vote.
3) See how everyone else would respond to my second vote of 4mask.

I think it exceeded my wildest expectations.
1) 4mask looked a bit before, and especially after, like 4head: his town champs self. Granted, I've never seen wolf!4maskwolf, but looks town.
2) Knightwing64 got scared and stopped voting 4mask.  Town Knightwing doesn't like to commit, Mafia Knight wants blood.
3) Several players jumped on the 4mask bandwagon.  Why?
This bad bait shit is classic town!Jack.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: September 22, 2022, 08:01:22 pm »

Egan, I don't think your idea about how I play as scum is remotely accurate. Please tell me how any of it applies to the last game in which I was scum playing normally.

I didn't read that game, and I'm not gonna do it now. This is how you played in BBYOR 2.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: September 22, 2022, 08:01:37 pm »

Max: Your exploratory D1 vote did not surprise me or even seem noteworthy. What is noteworthy to me is your new take on it, which I quoted at the top of my post.
See, as you just said, your vote on him before was an "exploratory d1 vote" - so why are you saying this?
NQT has been one of the players I trust least so far this game, and the one whose flip I most want to see.
Then where is the case or the serious vote? All I could find was an "exploratory d1 vote"
I think he could absolutely be scum, and, if I'm wrong, I think it would be informative to find out. I didn't want to move my vote off him before, but nobody was going for it then. :(
Then where was your case? This entire take just doesn't match with what you were saying and doing.
This does not seem believable to me.

Mamobo

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia Moderation Bot
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: September 22, 2022, 08:23:02 pm »

Vote Count
------------------------
Maximum Spin - 3 - Knightwing64*, hector13*, Egan_BW*,
notquitethere - 3 - EuchreJack*, Lenglon*, Maximum Spin*,
4maskwolf - 2 - ToonyMan*, Vector*,
Egan_BW - 1 - notquitethere*,
EuchreJack - 1 - Jim Groovester*,
Knightwing64 - 1 - Persus13*,
ToonyMan - 1 - TricMagic*,
TricMagic - 1 - 4maskwolf*,
hector13 - 0 -
Jim Groovester - 0 -
Lenglon - 0 -
Persus13 - 0 -
Vector - 0 -
No One - 0 -

Not Voting - 0 -

7 to Hammer. Day ends on September 23, 2022 at 20:00 CDT (23 hours and 37 minutes remaining.)

NOTE: In the event of a tie, Evil forces chooses the execution target.
Mamobo stands for Mafia Moderation Bot! Mamobo was made by webadict to help those in need!

Mamobo hates villainy and lawlessness! Mamobo loves blueberries!

Mamobo is happy to be of use! If you'd like to improve Mamobo, please do something else instead!

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: September 22, 2022, 08:27:21 pm »

And I think you're scum with 4mask and 4mask is trying to distance from you after you fucked up.

I don't believe 4mask's vote on you at all.

Why Tric and 4mask are suspicious:

1. Their opening posts are the same
Toonyman

Yeet!
ToonyMan

Yeet!
I interpret this as playful camaraderie.

I think it's important to note that Tric posted after 4mask here, which means it's likely Tric did this of their own accord because they thought it would be funny.

2. 4mask's progression on Tric
My thoughts on Tric are as follows:

Spoiler: Thoughts On Tric (click to show/hide)

I’ve spent so long on MY that most of my reading ability is based on that particular environment, and the way Tric plays is so far outside that mold I have no idea what to do with him. The only thing that comes to mind is I feel like I’d have remembered at least one of his posts by now, but I haven’t.
I ask 4mask about Tric. 4mask says they have no thoughts on Tric.

"I have no idea what to do with them."

My thoughts on Tric are as follows:

Spoiler: Thoughts On Tric (click to show/hide)

I’ve spent so long on MY that most of my reading ability is based on that particular environment, and the way Tric plays is so far outside that mold I have no idea what to do with him. The only thing that comes to mind is I feel like I’d have remembered at least one of his posts by now, but I haven’t.
Fair given the number of posts I've made doesn't break the single digits. Also Yeet, can't forget that.
Tric chips in agreeing with 4mask that it's fair 4mask would have no thoughts about him. He also reminds 4mask about the yeet post.

Oh right, yeet.

Dude I have no fucking idea I assume he thought it was funny and decided to copy me but I have literally no idea.

Tric is just kinda existing in the thread and apparently according to everyone that should make me nervous so let’s go with that.
4mask is like "oh yeeeah yeet, yeah wtf was Tric doing there?? haha"

I have a theory that follow-the-leader posts are more likely to be wolf than the initial poster (not in the sense of sheeping but in, like, repeating a joke like the yeet thing) but I’m not really sure whether that bears out in practice and I’d be confbiased because I know I’m town.
Then 4mask throws shade on Tric, but isn't sure.

Tric seems to mostly be speaking when spoken to which feels odd for “GIMME YOUR HATS I WANT HATS” man, and is objectively a basic way for wolves to try and fly under the radar.

Mm. The more I think about this the more I’m convincing myself.

Tric
Then 4mask votes Tric for mostly posting to respond to people instead of being GIMME YOUR HATS MAN even though 4mask just said earlier that Tric plays so far outside the MafiaUniverse mold that he has no thoughts on him. Pretty odd to know Tric is the hats man right after. It's not natural.

A bit later...
Lenglon: It's not so much what Tricmagic is doing as what Tricmagic isn't doing.

1. Tricmagic isn't claiming. I'm reading D1 of Supernatural 10 for a different meta read but I noticed that Tric immediately claimed (partial) role in that game, Tric is famous for the hat thing in BYOR 15, and according to players with much more robust Tricmagic metas Tric not going full claim mode immediately is wolf indicative. It's also just objectively unusual for him, to my understanding, not to have done any role thing yet, especially in such a typically role-heavy setup. Though it isn't impossible he randed something important and has wisely kept his mouth shut about it.
2. Tric is being really passive thus far this game, which a) is a pretty easy way to try and skate by as mafia and b) is somewhat out of character for Tric, both in my limited experience and from what others are saying.

Although looking through Supernatural 10 I apparently went after Tric with a case that was predicated in part on low activity from Tric and I was just straight up wrong so murr. Now I'm doubting myself again.

Man I was an insufferable asshat in the last Supernatural game huh. Especially to Vector. Sorry Vector.

Also sorry to Tricmagic.
4mask gives their main points for why TricMagic is scummy.

I think this is a pretty reasonable case, 4mask doesn't give full confidence at the end but that's whatever.

My problem is that I don't believe he came to this conclusion naturally.

Afterwards...
Toonyman claiming that I'm claiming that I came up with my read on Tric on my own when I clearly state in every post on the matter that people who know Tric better are saying he's wolf because XYZ, I can see it, so I'm sheeping them is interesting in italics.
Where did you say you're sheeping people about Tric?

I'm seeing statements like this from you:
Tric seems to mostly be speaking when spoken to which feels odd for “GIMME YOUR HATS I WANT HATS” man, and is objectively a basic way for wolves to try and fly under the radar.

Mm. The more I think about this the more I’m convincing myself.

Tric
That looks like your own thoughts to me.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 102