Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 102

Author Topic: Webadict's Supernatural - Game Over: Day of the Burning Sun  (Read 47423 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: Webadict's Supernatural - Day 1: The Burning Sun [13 / 13]
« Reply #90 on: September 20, 2022, 06:12:55 pm »

:o NQT had entrance music and is thus town

*sees NQT voting me*

Quite the heel-turn :o

hector13 on Today at 05:31:37 pm
There would be no need for a town!Lenglon to mention a post restriction like that, ‘cause town don’t really need to lie
This seems like a really dangerous line to push. There are loads of situations where town should lie in mafia, aren't there?

((Bleurgh pfp is hard with quotes))

There are situations in which lying can be beneficial to town, sure, but there are plenty of situations in which town can tell the truth too.

Lying isn’t a necessity for town to succeed is what I was getting at, so it shouldn’t (at least for me) factor into an opening post claim. I don’t think I’ve ever come into a game as town figuring I would have to lie to win the game, or that if my ability to lie was hampered it would make it harder to win as town.

Hector: My claim is phrased that way because my restriction, as Web has stated repeatedly as how he does them when discussing post restrictions in setup discussions, can technically be ignored if I choose to do so (it's opt-in). If I do that, and then choose to perform a specific action, very bad things will happen to me. If I never do that action, I would have no negative effects from lying. I am technically capable of lying, it is just highly inadvisable and I do not intend to lie at any point this game. That is why the odd phrasing.

You’re basically telling me I can’t trust you, then. You’ve admitted to adhering to the post restriction for your own gain, and the way you’re phrasing things can be used to hide mistruths that don’t necessarily meet the definition of a lie.

However I did say that if the restriction was true you’d probably be a TP, so… whatever, I guess? It’s a power heavy game, I’m sure somebody has the means to deal with you if need be.

More tomorrow probably.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 20, 2022, 06:21:34 pm »

I have considered short-duration lies, typically corrected before day's end, to be a major part of Town's toolbox for a very long time. I currently do not recall a single game I have played where I was town and did not perform some form of lie at least once at some point throughout the game. In each case that comes to mind I at some point would lie in order to attempt to manipulate the scumteam.

Hector: Generally you shouldn't completely trust anyone in a mafia game, so...

And my primary motivation for choosing to follow the post restriction is RP-based, rather than for my own gain. But I understand why you wouldn't trust or care about that.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 20, 2022, 06:39:25 pm »

Wot

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 20, 2022, 07:11:14 pm »

Okay, Knightwing, if you're town, you need to step it up again.

If you're scum, continue as you are.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 20, 2022, 07:25:33 pm »

Okay, Knightwing, if you're town, you need to step it up again.

If you're scum, continue as you are.
+1

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 20, 2022, 07:26:40 pm »

I have considered short-duration lies, typically corrected before day's end, to be a major part of Town's toolbox for a very long time. I currently do not recall a single game I have played where I was town and did not perform some form of lie at least once at some point throughout the game. In each case that comes to mind I at some point would lie in order to attempt to manipulate the scumteam.

Hector: Generally you shouldn't completely trust anyone in a mafia game, so...

And my primary motivation for choosing to follow the post restriction is RP-based, rather than for my own gain. But I understand why you wouldn't trust or care about that.

Exactly, so you’re not going to claim being unable to lie as town, limiting your toolbox thusly, or your town capital later.

Consequently, you’re either telling the truth, in which case you’re TP and not worth pursuing right now, or you’re not, but I can’t prove that, and thus not worth pursuing right now.

So I can completely distrust you and be fine with that in a power heavy game. For right now.

Jim

I’ll jump on the Jim wagon until I come back tomorrow, because the Toony wagon collapsed.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 20, 2022, 07:26:49 pm »

What do you mean? I’ve been plenty active. I can’t post at all parts of the day. But I’ll try to post more, if you really think that. Not today though, I’m mad tired

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 20, 2022, 07:30:37 pm »

To me, this seems kinda out of left field. Especially from you, Jack.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 20, 2022, 07:33:53 pm »

Knightwing: I found Jack's questions for me, where he tested if I was willing to say the phrase "I am Good", as suspicious, because to me they did not help him find Evil, and only helped him find Good. Since I believe that Evil wants to find Good, to me that was Evil behavior. Do you think Jack was acting like an Evil? Why or why not?
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: September 20, 2022, 07:38:04 pm »

Knightwing: I found Jack's questions for me, where he tested if I was willing to say the phrase "I am Good", as suspicious, because to me they did not help him find Evil, and only helped him find Good. Since I believe that Evil wants to find Good, to me that was Evil behavior. Do you think Jack was acting like an Evil? Why or why not?

Kinda? It’s iffy, I don’t have a definite opinion, but Jack jumping onto Max’s totally friendly and not a accusation advice seems to me like knowing I’m a easy lynch d1 and trying to get somebody out fast.

So, if you really wanted to push for a early option, probably Evil.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: September 20, 2022, 07:42:57 pm »

Knightwing: I do not believe you are an easy lynch D1 at this point in time, and more importantly I don't think Jack's actions around you are suspicious at this time, even though I do think Jack is mildly suspicious from his earlier behavior. What is your opinion about lying as town? Is it something that town players should never ever do? If so, why? If not, when and why should town players lie?

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: September 20, 2022, 07:46:11 pm »

I'm realizing Knightwing is probably the name I recognize the least.

Have I played with you before Knightwing? What's your Mafia experience here?
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: September 20, 2022, 07:48:02 pm »

Yes, sorta? I mean, if a white lie will help you or the town in the long run, sure. But purposefully  lying or misleading someone as a town member that will cause harm to another town member I cannot condone.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: September 20, 2022, 07:52:24 pm »

I'm realizing Knightwing is probably the name I recognize the least.

Have I played with you before Knightwing? What's your Mafia experience here?

I… don’t think so?

My mafia experience is pretty much one of two things consistently

Me being considered scum and voted out by wrong but well meaning townies for reasons I don’t understand

Or I’m a unknown who is playing 6D chess with my enlarged cranium.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: September 20, 2022, 07:59:19 pm »

So far I find this Knightwing adequate. Not going to vote you out today.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 102