Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 102

Author Topic: Webadict's Supernatural - Game Over: Day of the Burning Sun  (Read 47367 times)

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
Re: Webadict's Supernatural - Day 1: The Burning Sun [13 / 13]
« Reply #285 on: September 22, 2022, 10:42:51 am »

I think Jack is incredibly readable, but look, if this is something we're just going to have to push past, I'll vote him if you want, okay? At some point you people are going to have to accept that I'll vote for anyone because I am not on a scumteam. :P

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: September 22, 2022, 10:48:03 am »

I think Jack is incredibly readable, but look, if this is something we're just going to have to push past, I'll vote him if you want, okay? At some point you people are going to have to accept that I'll vote for anyone because I am not on a scumteam. :P
This statement seems odd.

Max, what's your read on Jack and why?
Your reaction here seems like you think you are being called scum, but I haven't noticed you being called scum.
And why would being willing to vote anyone that isn't yourself be a towntell? isn't that anti-town?
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: September 22, 2022, 10:51:59 am »

Do it, then.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: September 22, 2022, 10:56:00 am »

Max, what's your read on Jack and why?
So far, he is acting like his usual town self, but I'm not asserting that I have a read on him now, I am asserting that he is readable, so I don't see any reason to kill him speculatively when he'll (most likely) become obvious one way or the other eventually.
Your reaction here seems like you think you are being called scum, but I haven't noticed you being called scum.
Tric did, repeatedly. Jim's implying he thinks I might be teamed with Jack as well.
And why would being willing to vote anyone that isn't yourself be a towntell? isn't that anti-town?
Of course it isn't anti-town. A member of a scumteam has at least one other player he would specifically prefer not to lynch if at all possible (especially on d1, certainly!), while town (with no specific confirmations) is willing to be convinced to vote for anyone.

Do it, then.
Sure, whatever. EuchreJack.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: September 22, 2022, 11:02:07 am »

Let me rephrase this.

Max: You have claimed to have monster abilities like me. I have reason to believe having those is directly related to why I am Neutral. You have claimed to be Good, but unlike me you are capable of lying. Your post that confused me only makes sense to me if I assume you are a Survivor. Max, are you a survivor?
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: September 22, 2022, 11:06:36 am »

Your post that confused me only makes sense to me if I assume you are a Survivor. Max, are you a survivor?
No.

Why on earth does it only make sense if I'm a survivor? I specifically want to find and lynch scum, and I do not know who isn't scum, so anyone is a viable lynch until I am convinced that a player is town. That's my standard baseline as a town player.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: September 22, 2022, 11:12:33 am »

I don't think my reasoning is complex enough to require explaining here, but I'll do so anyway on the principle of leaving no question unanswered:

Mafia want lynch town.
town want lynch mafia.
survivor want lynch anyone that not self.

Max vote Jack reason lynch anyone not self.
Max no reason Jack scum. Max only vote Jack so Max not voted.
Max play survivor play.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: September 22, 2022, 11:20:43 am »

I don't think my reasoning is complex enough to require explaining here, but I'll do so anyway on the principle of leaving no question unanswered:

Mafia want lynch town.
town want lynch mafia.
survivor want lynch anyone that not self.

Max vote Jack reason lynch anyone not self.
Max no reason Jack scum. Max only vote Jack so Max not voted.
Max play survivor play.
That is... stupid.

Look, Jack isn't my top pick for a lynch, but certainly, if he flips, I will know things about the other players tomorrow that I did not know today.
I never go into a d1 lynch expecting to lynch scum, because that rarely happens. I go into a d1 lynch hoping to find out who scum are and aren't so the d2 lynch is better informed.

By your argument, I have "played survivor play" d1 in every single game where I wasn't scum, except for the like two times I twigged Knightwing right away.

Frankly, I think you know better than this.

(Here's a hint: Nobody was voting me or even threatening to vote me, so why would I need to vote someone so I'm not voted? I wasn't even being serious about saying it was "something we're just going to have to push past", hence the :P. I just wanted to tease Jim for repeating Tric's line.)

Unvote, by the way.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: September 22, 2022, 11:25:39 am »

So you admit to being a liar, who should therefore be lynched! notquitethere!

I thought you didn't vote anybody on Day 1 unless you were super serious about it and after you had spent time contemplating it.
Yeah, I just felt like messing with NQT for some reason. Like I said last game, I'm never the same person twice. I was scum then, but it was still true.
Okay, Knightwing, if you're town, you need to step it up again.

If you're scum, continue as you are.
So far I find this Knightwing adequate. Not going to vote you out today.

These posts about Knightwing64 bother me. What was it about what Knightwing64 did that triggered you to tell him to shape up? There wasn't that much time between his first set of posts and when you told him to shape up.
I find this position difficult to understand. You have seen me repeatedly flashread Knightwing, almost always successfully unless I'm scum doing it wrong on purpose, and then you have seen me horribly misfire on Armed Forces Mafia, at which point I decided to stop doing that anymore. So in this case, what I'm saying is that his silly disengaged random-commentary posts, like this literal one-word post of no value whatsoever which looks exactly like his usual scum modus:
Wot
would USUALLY make me scumread him, but I'm giving him a chance to convince me otherwise since apparently he still does that as town sometimes. After I said this, he did start trying harder so I'm setting him aside for now.

EuchreJack, I appreciate you townreading me, but I will never agree with your silly read organizing hangup. I order my lists however I feel like.

Maximum Spin - Very minimalistic posts. Opening single post was information-dense, and questions have been well placed and reasonable. Feels like Town that is hiding something for the good of the town, but is still hiding something.
Yeaaaaaaaah, fair. I'm not really "hiding something" so much as "keeping cards close d1", but yeah, I know some stuff I don't know about saying yet.

PPE: Lenglon’s list seems to be variations on “hasn’t posted enough to get a solid read”. I also don’t like the expectations of activity on those reads, less than 24h into D1, when activity is NAI.
I mean, activity is absolutely AI for a couple of these players.
Why do people need to claim not-town and make me hugely suspicious of them on D1 *sigh* I’ll probably need to revisit this when I’m awake. Is it just me or does it come across as wanting to be scumread?
I do get that feeling.

I don't really like Lenglon here, but I'm not going to vote because I'm not sure where all the other votes are and I'm definitely not checking right now. But I'll unvote NQT for now.

I would quite like to know if it's werewolves we're facing!
I firmly assert that there is, at least, AN evil witch.
To Jim, it was specifically this post. Looking at their posts alone, it doesn't really seem like a chain of mislynches. But something in me still feels it's... Off? Why the confidence in an evil witch?

Can't really explain it.. It's just a bad feeling in my gut.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: September 22, 2022, 11:28:20 am »

Teasing Max on day 1 is also something I don't think I've seen before. Usually they're all for just getting to day 2 where there is actual information for them to work off of, this is just flak.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: September 22, 2022, 11:29:20 am »

Tric: I think you might have forgotten this post from the start of the game
My actions also have monster tags. I'm Good, though I can't be inspected.

I have a power that implies there's some kind of evil witch.

I'm amused that Jim's typical thing for me to do (along with nqt and 4mask) was basically "win".

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: September 22, 2022, 11:30:36 am »

Er, chaff I mean. The main thing that stands out is that it's very much not like Max. It would be fine if they were trying something different, but being willing to vote anyone, along with not standing on a case against anyone makes it seem their main goal is survival.

Max, are you the evil witch?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: September 22, 2022, 11:32:48 am »

Max being anti-social and uncharismatic isn't anything new.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: September 22, 2022, 11:33:55 am »

Tric:Erm, that doesn't... why...
attempting to follow your logic feels like attempting to give myself a headache here Tric.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: September 22, 2022, 11:35:05 am »

Why the confidence in an evil witch?
You know, you could have just asked that.
My role says something will specifically happen if an evil witch [my words, not the role's words] does something. It seems like it's supposed to balance the role so I strongly doubt that it's just a red herring.

Teasing Max on day 1 is also something I don't think I've seen before. Usually they're all for just getting to day 2 where there is actual information for them to work off of, this is just flak.
"I'm happy to lynch anyone, I just want to get the day over with"
> "OMG, Max play survivor play!!!!"
"I mean, I'm just playing around, I do actually have preferences"
> "Max doesn't just want to get the day over with, must be scum!!!!!"

Okay, okay, those were two different people, that's not totally fair. But actually, Tric, I really do just want to get to day 2 where there is actual information to work off of, because I am bored out of my mind and there are way too many people going in every fucking direction at once, and I just want to lynch one of maybe six people, for whom I have a definite ordering, in order to simplify day 2.

Er, chaff I mean. The main thing that stands out is that it's very much not like Max. It would be fine if they were trying something different, but being willing to vote anyone, along with not standing on a case against anyone makes it seem their main goal is survival.

Max, are you the evil witch?
Christ no. How stupid would that be. Why would I have even brought it up if that were the case. And you're contradicting yourself now, you switched from complaining about the opposite of what Lenglon was complaining about to complaining about the same thing. You and Knightwing have both been way too flexible in what side of your own arguments you take this game. I wish I believed it was a scumtell here, but I think in your case it's clearly townie.

I'm not reading any more posts right now, I'm just mashing post until this goes through, I don't care until later
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 102