Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 102

Author Topic: Webadict's Supernatural - Game Over: Day of the Burning Sun  (Read 47605 times)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Webadict's Supernatural - Day 1: The Burning Sun [13 / 13]
« Reply #270 on: September 22, 2022, 09:23:49 am »

Lenglon: It's not so much what Tricmagic is doing as what Tricmagic isn't doing.

1. Tricmagic isn't claiming. I'm reading D1 of Supernatural 10 for a different meta read but I noticed that Tric immediately claimed (partial) role in that game, Tric is famous for the hat thing in BYOR 15, and according to players with much more robust Tricmagic metas Tric not going full claim mode immediately is wolf indicative. It's also just objectively unusual for him, to my understanding, not to have done any role thing yet, especially in such a typically role-heavy setup. Though it isn't impossible he randed something important and has wisely kept his mouth shut about it.
2. Tric is being really passive thus far this game, which a) is a pretty easy way to try and skate by as mafia and b) is somewhat out of character for Tric, both in my limited experience and from what others are saying.

Although looking through Supernatural 10 I apparently went after Tric with a case that was predicated in part on low activity from Tric and I was just straight up wrong so murr. Now I'm doubting myself again.

Man I was an insufferable asshat in the last Supernatural game huh. Especially to Vector. Sorry Vector.

Also sorry to Tricmagic.

Hi my name is Jack and I'm a goblin marauder that gets +2/+2 with haste. Hey did you know that Good is Green? I think Knightwing shouldn't fully always trust Toony. Here's exactly how I'm feeling right now did you want to know that because I think you should know that. My opinion on players changes all of the time also I'm going to vote this random player now because I feel like it by the way do you like my new sweater it was knitted by my new best friend Max yes I'm officially friends with the guy I've never gotten along with but don't tell him okay it's kind of a oneway relationship and it would be weird if he knew about it maybe I should hit the post button and then make another post right away yes that sounds like a great idea
You fucking bastard I choked on my drink.

I'm still waiting to see more from NQT to finalize my opinion on them, that's the kind of read I kinda have to sit and think about through most of a day before coming to a conclusion on.

I'd link toony's post, but it's a bit buried. Do you want me to claim a role that then becomes useless? I still remember the Knight/Werebear game, I'm not dumb enough.. Well, I am dumb enough, but I can learn from mistakes. Right now I don't think this is town-jack or town-max. Toony's a good reference for being town, but then he's also on my scum team read with those two.

I also question your improv skills toony, did you get help from jack? Cause that is a very toon-Jack post. (Town-jack I mean. Which he isn't at the moment as that's the first case of town-jack I've seen all game..)

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: September 22, 2022, 09:28:16 am »

You're idiots for forgetting the fact I do best as solo scum. Do you see who my partner is this game? No? Well, think it over again.
This might mean something but there are malicious 3rd parties in this setup. Even if you had no partners, you could still be the evil witch (or a devil, demon etc)

I've got a horrible cold which has mostly shot my reading comprehension. I'm going to tie the votes and see what players do.

4maskwolf

1. Tricmagic isn't claiming. I'm reading D1 of Supernatural 10 for a different meta read but I noticed that Tric immediately claimed (partial) role in that game, Tric is famous for the hat thing in BYOR 15, and according to players with much more robust Tricmagic metas Tric not going full claim mode immediately is wolf indicative. It's also just objectively unusual for him, to my understanding, not to have done any role thing yet, especially in such a typically role-heavy setup. Though it isn't impossible he randed something important and has wisely kept his mouth shut about it.
I see where this meta read is coming from, but it might be possible that Tric is learning and growing as a player.

2. Tric is being really passive thus far this game, which a) is a pretty easy way to try and skate by as mafia and b) is somewhat out of character for Tric, both in my limited experience and from what others are saying.
Accusing people of setting up multi-lynches doesn't seem that passive. Coming in swinging with a three candidates for a scum team is also pretty enemy-building.

I feel like Tric is a typical easy D1 launch (no offence Tric) that often happens with Bay12. That said, Supernatural is a bit of an odd case with this, as 3rd parties are very vulnerable to being picked off early. So... is Tric an SK?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: September 22, 2022, 09:29:05 am »

A Jack Vote, that's what.
Do not make Mamobo's life harder than it already is.

This vote will not be counted.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: September 22, 2022, 09:38:32 am »

I wonder what happens if I join Knightwing64 in voting 4maskwolf
A Jack Vote, that's what.

Right now I am kinda existing. Guess what?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
-.-
Tric, attempting to tell other people what your personal meta is, is not a convincing argument to me, and an OMGUS vote that has no justification is also not convincing to me. If you have a solid reason to vote Jack could you please say what it is?

Tric: is the toony-related post you want to refer back to this one?
I want to vote Hector for fundamentally disagreeing with what they're saying, but I don't know if that makes them scum. They haven't done the scumtell I've picked up on from last game so I think they're okay. I will say it if I pick up on it.

I'll vote TricMagic, what's going on dude? Gonna claim Knight again?
No, gonna claim
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

As for me up to this post. I'm going to put my suspisions on Max/Jack/Toony as the 3p team. Toony is last, Max is first.

Well, not really, but why vote me?
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: September 22, 2022, 09:46:13 am »

No, it's the one telling me not to claim when I've already decided on that. Believe 4mask said that's my only town tell afterward.

Also Jack. As stated, mostly going off of meta. This isn't town jack or town max to me. And as max said, they gel together. A Jack/Max/Toony scumteam makes sense in my head, though my read on Toony was a bit weaker when I made it.

In either case, my pick to lynch today is either max or jack. My townreads right now are.. Egan, NQT, Persus. Legnlon I'm reading as third party, but they're not really a threat at the moment. At least I know they're not scum, and those evildoers are the ones we need to lynch.(
Mostly worte this down in third, which given it's a response to you is odd, but eh.)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: September 22, 2022, 09:46:58 am »

I like voting Tric or 4mask but I don't think both are scum at this point.

I think Tric has been bad but I don't like 4mask suddenly being enlightened and talking like its his own reasons in his Tric case post. I also don't like Max being like "yeah I support this lynch".

I like voting 4mask here because both of my top town reads are voting 4mask even if Knightwing has been sitting on the 4mask vote since game start without explaining anything.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: September 22, 2022, 09:49:19 am »

Me being third party is also odd, given that even if I was, lynching me right now wouldn't help much in finding scum. It's still a ways away to force my role reveal, but one of my actions doesn't show a result that can be verified. The other technically does, but only really matters if I hit town or mafia doesn't decide to just lie.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: September 22, 2022, 09:50:56 am »

My townreads right now are.. Egan, NQT, Persus. Legnlon I'm reading as third party, but they're not really a threat at the moment. At least I know they're not scum, and those evildoers are the ones we need to lynch.(
These are good reads.

I don't agree about Jack still.

How about 4mask?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: September 22, 2022, 09:52:39 am »

I feel like mafia!Tric would have voted 4mask here instead of being gungho about Jack. Maybe I'm underestimating Tric's giga brain.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: September 22, 2022, 09:53:01 am »

I also don't like Max being like "yeah I support this lynch".
Lol, I was just about to post that I support a 4maskwolf lynch too.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: September 22, 2022, 10:03:32 am »

I don't really like voting Tric here because I'm not convinced Tric is scum. It seems like some of the arguments presented boil town to "Tric is acting like town, therefore scum". I would prefer to vote someone for acting like scum, voting someone for acting like town is basically setting up for a catch-22 lynch em no matter what kind of situation.

I also don't really like voting 4mask here, because of how open they were at the start of the day. I don't see why scum would have been willing to say all of this, with minimal prompting, at the start of the day:
I suppose it’s not impossible that Wuba gave the wolves the knowledge (or possibility) that there were non-wolves with monster-type abilities to prevent exactly this type of free clear.

But my role interacts with monster-type abilities and has a separate clause that it has a different effect if I target a member of the wolf team, so I’m inclined to take Leng’s claim at face value.
Considering that we already know at least one new mechanic (monster actions) and that Web had a huge number of ideas for a Supernatural game, it may be best to treat this game as a thematically similar game to previous supernaturals that we can’t rely on mechanics from.

My role, for example, is technically a variant on an existing role on that spreadsheet, which makes sense thematically but the actual utility I provide is completely distinct from the base role.
I just do not see scum giving town so much information so quickly, as well as clearing me the way 4mask did. It's not impossible, but it makes it a remote enough possibility that I'm unhappy with a 4mask lynch.

If I had to pick one of those two to lynch, I'd prefer to lynch Tric, but I don't like the prospect of lynching either of them right now.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: September 22, 2022, 10:14:37 am »

I'm voting on pragmatic grounds here. I would prefer to lynch one of the three people I know least about - 4maskwolf, Persus13, or notquitethere - or one of the three people I expect to be least productive, whom I will forbear to name out of decency but you can probably guess. Within that space, the most informative lynches are those who have interacted with the most people.

I don't particularly think Tric is scum - and I think this:
"Tric is acting like town, therefore scum".
is more or less only what Knightwing says - but I do know for a fact that he is up a blind alley, and, well, sometimes there are easier alternatives to persuasion. With 13 players and no strong chance of guessing right, somebody's gotta take the hit, and there are worse reasons.

It also hasn't escaped my notice that the very assertions made in the immediately foregoing post mean that a 4maskwolf lynch will tell me something about Lenglon too.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: September 22, 2022, 10:26:54 am »

@Jim

I have a very difficult time understanding that you want to see Lenglon eliminated but are not willing to take any action yourself to make that happen. Hoping for a night kill might as well be complete inaction since there's no guarantee that there's a town aligned night kill or that the player who possesses it will use it on Lenglon. This is a passive approach and passive approaches are ill suited to most playstyles.

Let’s see if I can articulate this properly after having just been woken up.

I seem to have convinced myself the worst Lenglon can be is survivor, even if Vector seems to think this is within Lenglon’s scum game. I get that it appears passive but it’s the optimal thing to do against a benign third party that can win with town and scum: voting someone out is the town’s weapon against hostile factions, of which survivor is not technically a member, despite possibly being able to win with them. Consequently, I’m loathe to use it on a benign TP that more than likely wouldn’t reveal anything about the scum.

This is a power heavy game, so we might have a town kill available, which ideally would be used on actual members of a hostile faction, but can be used to take out possible threats to town like a survivor that could side with scum later should they game tilt in their favour.

Believe me, if I had even a 1-shot daykill, I would have used it on Lenglon already.

I’m going to re-read the thread and hopefully get a reads list up at some point today.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: September 22, 2022, 10:31:25 am »

I like the bot linking to votes, that's a nice QoL feature.

Considering Knightwing's vote is RVS, Euchre's vote was also a bit random, and NQT's is purely tactical, I'm not happy with a 4mask lynch for these reasons. I find 4maskwolf hard to read, but so is Tric and town 4maskwolf is more useful than town Tric imo. Although I'd rather Knightwing show up and justify his vote or find a new home for it. I need to go back through Euchre's posts and see if there was more reason given for his vote.

What type of question is that persus? How do you know they're not mislynches? Setting up a chain of lynches is what the villains do, don't do that. It's fine if you're hunting scum, but town never seeks to put down suspicions so far in advance. Hence it being a chain of mislynches, it's set up so they can just move to the next target when the old one turns out to be town, just as they would know.
And I'm not dodging the question. It's a dumb hook to begin with. What' do they think I'm gonna slip and spill everything I know? That's an insult of the highest order, and not good scumhunting besides.
Calling something mislynches implies knowledge of the flip, which at the moment only bad guys know. Its not always a scumslip but it can be. Plus it gives you a hook to explain your case a bit further. You're playing the indignant card, which is a bit of a null tell frankly. The fact that I had to vote you to get an answer to my off the cuff question is still suspicious, but I'll let you off the hook for now. I do like your chain argument a lot there. Makes a lot of sense, just not sure it applies in this scenario.

Toony, Perseus, and 4mask: I am having trouble understanding why you want Tric voted out at this time. Tric is generally difficult to empathize with and read, but right now Tric doesn't seem to be behaving scummy to me. could you please summarize your cases or quote Tric's problematic statements so I could take a closer look at them?
I mainly voted him to actually get him to answer my question. If someone isn't going to answer the easy questions I'd like to vote them out. Now that Tric's actually responded to the question I'm less confident that he's on the scumteam, and have changed my vote to pursue other leads.

Knightwing: You voted 4maskwolf in the first post of the game, how do you feel about your vote on 4maskwolf now?
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: September 22, 2022, 10:33:47 am »

Triiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiic don't ignore me.

Mostly that max isn't passive D1, he's going after folks, pushing, trying to set up lines of interest, and generally looking to lynch. Jack, meanwhile, is way too calm an go with the flow. Could be excused by them having to work, but I'm not buying it. Also going after me is typically an "easy" lynch, or at the very least a role reveal, which I always do when the vote comes down to me.
I don't have a preference. It's the fact you're setting up a chain of mislynches that bothers me. Scum can't play passive with so many people, so holding back won't work for them. It's enough of a deviation for me to take notice of it.

I sort of understand your EuchreJack accusation. I don't understand your Maximum Spin accusation. I don't see anything he said prior to these posts that could be construed as setting up chain mislynches. Please enlighten me.

Other players are pinging you for your word choice of mislynches but I don't really give a shit about that.

Accusing people of setting up multi-lynches doesn't seem that passive. Coming in swinging with a three candidates for a scum team is also pretty enemy-building.

I feel like Tric is a typical easy D1 launch (no offence Tric) that often happens with Bay12. That said, Supernatural is a bit of an odd case with this, as 3rd parties are very vulnerable to being picked off early. So... is Tric an SK?

This is a good point.

I just do not see scum giving town so much information so quickly, as well as clearing me the way 4mask did. It's not impossible, but it makes it a remote enough possibility that I'm unhappy with a 4mask lynch.

Scum 4maskwolf gave me a lylo breaker in I forget which BYOR. He lost the game because of it, but doing things as scum he could easily not do with no consequence instead is perfectly within his scum meta.

He powerwolfs pretty hard.

Let's go with EuchreJack. I'm not convinced he didn't just entirely make up his gelling read on Maximum Spin so that he could town read him.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 102