Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 102

Author Topic: Webadict's Supernatural - Game Over: Day of the Burning Sun  (Read 47632 times)

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
Re: Webadict's Supernatural - Day 1: The Burning Sun [13 / 13]
« Reply #255 on: September 22, 2022, 01:05:47 am »

fake activity

This strikes a chord with how I feel about NQT engaging with other players in this game. It feels like certain actions are taken more for appearances than for substance.

Knightwing , let's imagine you've been given a daykill but you have to use it now. Which player do you take out and why?
Toony, most of your posting is distant commentary. Where's the beefing? I'm getting too much of a Devil aura from you. Who do you see making a case on by day's end?

I know pressure voting is old school B12 play but they really bother me coming from notquitethere here. Other players casting pressure votes don't bother me as much for whatever reason.

Please could you be more specific, I know you're using international standard mafia lingo, but in Supernatural there can be both wolf and non-wolf scum teams. So are you claiming werewolf hunter / do you claim to have any info on the scum team (and if so why didn't you lead with that)? I'm assuming you're talking generically about an anti-town faction. Do you know it's a team (not a Magus)? Does it work on serial killers etc? I would quite like to know if it's werewolves we're facing!

I think what 4maskwolf meant was clear from context and habit. Asking to clarify this point seems unnecessary. It feels like a 'substantive' engagement that doesn't actually accomplish anything i.e. done to appear as if engaging substantively.

I think this actually makes me feel better about NQT because they literally voted me for the same thing as this game in the bottom of Jack's link there. We could argue that NQT is under the same town mindset as they were in Roguelike 7.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmph this is true.

I don't know what to make of notquitethere.

Jiiiiiiiim I pfp so I am not clipping that quote to show what I’m responding to urgh.

Lenglon had basically admitted to being TP by the time I made the post. It could very well be that Lenglon is lying scum, but I mention in a later post that I can’t prove that, and given the nature of the game (everyone has some sort of night action) I don’t think it’s worth pursuing an elimination based on “well you probably are lying” when she’ll probably (alright, hopefully) be dealt with in the night.

I absolutely don’t like leaving an admitted non-town player alone, but given the above, if she is lying scum, she probably won’t be performing the kill (assuming a team, anyway) because of drawing night actions, and if she is telling the truth about not lying, has said they aren’t evil and are thus not a threat to the town.

It makes sense to me, but I’m very not good at expressing what my gut tells me, especially at 2am.
People earlier were suggesting Lenglon might be a survivor, which means her presence is bad for town which gets worse the longer the game goes because their goal is to survive, which doesn’t necessarily mean winning with town. Town also can’t use the elimination to get rid of it because survivors aren’t anti-town so it would be a waste, so I hope that town have a night kill they can use to deal with her.
From my perspective your slot has been solved, I’m letting people know what I think about it, why I think that, and what I hope to happen as a result of that, as I was reading the thread from my last post.

This bothered me last night but I was probably too out of it to intelligently ask the question. Also now that I'm more alert this still bothers me.

I have a very difficult time understanding that you want to see Lenglon eliminated but are not willing to take any action yourself to make that happen. Hoping for a night kill might as well be complete inaction since there's no guarantee that there's a town aligned night kill or that the player who possesses it will use it on Lenglon. This is a passive approach and passive approaches are ill suited to most playstyles.

If not Lenglon today, then who instead? You're voting me but I don't think you're that serious about it.

Maximum Spin - We usually gel when both town

Like when??????????

I've played, what, every game? with you. When did you and Maximum Spin start gelling?

So in this case, what I'm saying is that his silly disengaged random-commentary posts, like this literal one-word post of no value whatsoever which looks exactly like his usual scum modus:
Wot
would USUALLY make me scumread him, but I'm giving him a chance to convince me otherwise since apparently he still does that as town sometimes. After I said this, he did start trying harder so I'm setting him aside for now.

I am satisfied for the time being.

PPE:
I firmly assert that there is, at least, AN evil witch.
Just got to this! Are you certain there's just one of them?
Nope, hence "at least". I don't even assert that I think there's only one.

The only way I would take this seriously is if it was part of your win condition. Otherwise, I'd say you can't draw any conclusions about the setup based on just your role alone.

FWIW

I actually agree that Jim seems to have a meta trend of being jokey/more relaxed at SoD 1 as a wolf than as town.

I'd say this is a pretty observant meta read, but I think I've grown into shitposting pretty hard regardless of alignment.

How do I read this fiery first post?

I guess I read it as town.

Mostly that max isn't passive D1, he's going after folks, pushing, trying to set up lines of interest, and generally looking to lynch. Jack, meanwhile, is way too calm an go with the flow. Could be excused by them having to work, but I'm not buying it. Also going after me is typically an "easy" lynch, or at the very least a role reveal, which I always do when the vote comes down to me.
I don't have a preference. It's the fact you're setting up a chain of mislynches that bothers me. Scum can't play passive with so many people, so holding back won't work for them. It's enough of a deviation for me to take notice of it.

I sort of understand your EuchreJack accusation. I don't understand your Maximum Spin accusation. I don't see anything he said prior to these posts that could be construed as setting up chain mislynches. Please enlighten me.

Other players are pinging you for your word choice of mislynches but I don't really give a shit about that.

I don’t really want a Tric lynch, to be honest. It doesn’t seem that solid tbh

My gut wants to agree with this but I can't yet.

hector13 really bothers me. Filing Lenglon into the 'want dead' but also 'don't want to lynch' category doesn't make sense to me. It's taking a passive approach to a player he wants to see eliminated. Being passive is bad.

notquitethere also bothers me but the stuff ToonyMan pointed out that his behavior is similar to Roguelike 7 where he was town probably means my misgivings are unfounded.

I want to read TricMagic as town but his Maximum Spin accusation doesn't make sense even if I try to put TricMagicvision on.

Egan_BW coming in swinging makes me feel like they are town.

Definitely want to hear from EuchreJack about when he acquired this meta insight about him and Maximum Spin, for one, gelling at all, and two, why this means Maximum Spin is town from his perspective.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: September 22, 2022, 01:27:20 am »

Unvote: I intentionally stepped back today because I was getting far too heated last night, and needed to chill and remind myself that it's a game. having said that, it's time for me to come back in proper, and leaving a idle-policy vote on someone that is no longer idle is a no-go.

Vector: I was doing a thread review and realized I'm drawing a blank on you, and upon checking I could only find three posts by you. One early on that had a lot of really solid questions and thoughts behind it, the one you just made here explaining why you've been low-activity (please note that I have zero complaints about your explanation or activity amount in of itself, I'm just giving context), and this one here:
Jack and Knightwing's conservation looked very natural and not like scumbuddies, do you think one is scum?

It's pinging me, and this early in the game, that's more than enough. I'm not looking at teams yet. We're less than 24h into D1.

I'll say more after one of the people I tagged replies.
I never saw you follow up on this, could you please do so?

Jim and Toonyman: I currently feel like Jack is the most likely to be scum here, but also think I am not being objective or fair in my evaluation. I would appreciate it if you could explain your reads of Jack in particular so I can compare your reasoning to my own and see if I need to adjust my attitude.

Toony, Perseus, and 4mask: I am having trouble understanding why you want Tric voted out at this time. Tric is generally difficult to empathize with and read, but right now Tric doesn't seem to be behaving scummy to me. could you please summarize your cases or quote Tric's problematic statements so I could take a closer look at them?
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: September 22, 2022, 01:35:42 am »

I'd eat my foot if Jack is Evil.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: September 22, 2022, 01:39:50 am »

Okay? um, the important part is why tho? I want to compare your reasons to mine, and... I don't think I have anything to compare to from this.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: September 22, 2022, 01:47:40 am »

I find it more particularly odd about Vector because they were scum with the rare mafia!Jack in MVM3 R1. I could maybe give them the benefit of the doubt because they haven't played in awhile.

On a reread I kind of agree more with Jim's suspicion of Max, but not Hector.

Tric could maybe be town. I dislike their clamminess and they haven't been crazy enough, but I've gotten town!Tric lynched before by accident.

PPE:
Okay? um, the important part is why tho? I want to compare your reasons to mine, and... I don't think I have anything to compare to from this.
Hi my name is Jack and I'm a goblin marauder that gets +2/+2 with haste. Hey did you know that Good is Green? I think Knightwing shouldn't fully always trust Toony. Here's exactly how I'm feeling right now did you want to know that because I think you should know that. My opinion on players changes all of the time also I'm going to vote this random player now because I feel like it by the way do you like my new sweater it was knitted by my new best friend Max yes I'm officially friends with the guy I've never gotten along with but don't tell him okay it's kind of a oneway relationship and it would be weird if he knew about it maybe I should hit the post button and then make another post right away yes that sounds like a great idea

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: September 22, 2022, 01:53:28 am »

Somehow that explanation of why you are townreading Jack makes sense and I don't know if I hate that or not.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: September 22, 2022, 01:58:19 am »

Hi my name is Jack and I'm a goblin marauder that gets +2/+2 with haste. Hey did you know that Good is Green? I think Knightwing shouldn't fully always trust Toony. Here's exactly how I'm feeling right now did you want to know that because I think you should know that. My opinion on players changes all of the time also I'm going to vote this random player now because I feel like it by the way do you like my new sweater it was knitted by my new best friend Max yes I'm officially friends with the guy I've never gotten along with but don't tell him okay it's kind of a oneway relationship and it would be weird if he knew about it maybe I should hit the post button and then make another post right away yes that sounds like a great idea
Jack and I get along pretty well, actually. Like in that last Fallacy's Marathon where we were neighbors. I mean, we lost horribly, but we GOT ALONG.

I'm likeable, okay. I know it's hard to believe.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: September 22, 2022, 02:00:50 am »

Lenglon: It's not so much what Tricmagic is doing as what Tricmagic isn't doing.

1. Tricmagic isn't claiming. I'm reading D1 of Supernatural 10 for a different meta read but I noticed that Tric immediately claimed (partial) role in that game, Tric is famous for the hat thing in BYOR 15, and according to players with much more robust Tricmagic metas Tric not going full claim mode immediately is wolf indicative. It's also just objectively unusual for him, to my understanding, not to have done any role thing yet, especially in such a typically role-heavy setup. Though it isn't impossible he randed something important and has wisely kept his mouth shut about it.
2. Tric is being really passive thus far this game, which a) is a pretty easy way to try and skate by as mafia and b) is somewhat out of character for Tric, both in my limited experience and from what others are saying.

Although looking through Supernatural 10 I apparently went after Tric with a case that was predicated in part on low activity from Tric and I was just straight up wrong so murr. Now I'm doubting myself again.

Man I was an insufferable asshat in the last Supernatural game huh. Especially to Vector. Sorry Vector.

Also sorry to Tricmagic.

You fucking bastard I choked on my drink.

I'm still waiting to see more from NQT to finalize my opinion on them, that's the kind of read I kinda have to sit and think about through most of a day before coming to a conclusion on.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: September 22, 2022, 02:05:24 am »

Jim and Toonyman: I currently feel like Jack is the most likely to be scum here, but also think I am not being objective or fair in my evaluation. I would appreciate it if you could explain your reads of Jack in particular so I can compare your reasoning to my own and see if I need to adjust my attitude.

Let me get back to you when EuchreJack answers my question about his read on Maximum Spin.

Jack and I get along pretty well, actually. Like in that last Fallacy's Marathon where we were neighbors. I mean, we lost horribly, but we GOT ALONG.

I'm likeable, okay. I know it's hard to believe.

But since when have you been gelling?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: September 22, 2022, 04:31:53 am »

Interesting, you were just saying Tric seemed suspicious. Is this because of players like 4mask and Max supporting it?

Yeah.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: September 22, 2022, 07:24:52 am »

Interesting, you were just saying Tric seemed suspicious. Is this because of players like 4mask and Max supporting it?

Yeah.
That's not really a very good reason.

Mamobo

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia Moderation Bot
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: September 22, 2022, 08:28:30 am »

Vote Count
------------------------
TricMagic - 3 - ToonyMan*, Persus13*, 4maskwolf*,
Maximum Spin - 2 - TricMagic*, Egan_BW*,
4maskwolf - 1 - Knightwing64*,
Egan_BW - 1 - Lenglon*,
EuchreJack - 1 - Vector*,
Jim Groovester - 1 - hector13*,
hector13 - 0 -
Knightwing64 - 0 -
Lenglon - 0 -
notquitethere - 0 -
Persus13 - 0 -
ToonyMan - 0 -
Vector - 0 -
No One - 0 -

Not Voting - 4 - EuchreJack*, Jim Groovester, Maximum Spin*, notquitethere*,

7 to Hammer. Day ends on September 23, 2022 at 20:00 CDT (~35 hours remaining).
Mamobo stands for Mafia Moderation Bot! Mamobo was made by webadict to help those in need!

Mamobo hates villainy and lawlessness! Mamobo loves blueberries!

Mamobo is happy to be of use! If you'd like to improve Mamobo, please do something else instead!

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: September 22, 2022, 08:29:15 am »

Oh no, bad bot. That's not right!

Ignore this vote count, it appears to have suffered a minor stroke.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: September 22, 2022, 08:39:58 am »

Alrighty, looks like there was a minor issue checking cached pages (which is a fun exciting fact that Mamobo has finally learned to do because I finally got around to it.) Point is that it's fixed now!

Vote Count
------------------------
TricMagic - 3 - ToonyMan*, Persus13*, 4maskwolf*,
4maskwolf - 2 - Knightwing64*, EuchreJack*,
EuchreJack - 1 - Vector*,
Jim Groovester - 1 - hector13*,
Maximum Spin - 1 - TricMagic*,
Egan_BW - 0 -
hector13 - 0 -
Knightwing64 - 0 -
Lenglon - 0 -
notquitethere - 0 -
Persus13 - 0 -
ToonyMan - 0 -
Vector - 0 -
No One - 0 -

Not Voting - 5 - Egan_BW*, Jim Groovester, Lenglon*, Maximum Spin*, notquitethere*,

7 to Hammer. Day ends on September 23, 2022 at 20:00 CDT (~35 hours remaining).

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: September 22, 2022, 09:18:39 am »

I wonder what happens if I join Knightwing64 in voting 4maskwolf
A Jack Vote, that's what.

Right now I am kinda existing. Guess what?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 102