Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 102

Author Topic: Webadict's Supernatural - Game Over: Day of the Burning Sun  (Read 47478 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Webadict's Supernatural - Day 1: The Burning Sun [13 / 13]
« Reply #210 on: September 21, 2022, 03:34:13 pm »

EuchreJack - Need to see a bit more. Leaning town from what I've seen but I expect a bit more energy.
Unfortunately, I'm now a working stiff, super busy, and more mature as a player.  I don't have it in me to give you much more than what you've been seeing.
Reminder: TRYHARDERJim is Scum!Jim
Can you clarify what you mean by this? Especially since you're engaging Jim on not doing enough a few posts later?
Gladly, this beautiful post from Roguelike Mafia 7 was from Jim, who was mafia.
I don't really understand your reasoning, but it's a good point that Jim opened pretty goofy in Roguelike 7. Still don't think he's scum here.

It's kind of funny reading that game because town!Tric townread town!me which I found suspicious but that really wasn't the case.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: September 21, 2022, 03:36:34 pm »

I think this actually makes me feel better about NQT because they literally voted me for the same thing as this game in the bottom of Jack's link there. We could argue that NQT is under the same town mindset as they were in Roguelike 7.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: September 21, 2022, 03:42:03 pm »

FWIW

I actually agree that Jim seems to have a meta trend of being jokey/more relaxed at SoD 1 as a wolf than as town.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: September 21, 2022, 03:44:34 pm »

I'm having a pretty curious moment.

@4mask:
What are your thoughts about Tric? Am I crazy or is he scum?

PPE:
FWIW
I actually agree that Jim seems to have a meta trend of being jokey/more relaxed at SoD 1 as a wolf than as town.
I mostly disagree, but I know you haven't played any games here recently.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: September 21, 2022, 03:47:33 pm »

My thoughts on Tric are as follows:

Spoiler: Thoughts On Tric (click to show/hide)

I’ve spent so long on MY that most of my reading ability is based on that particular environment, and the way Tric plays is so far outside that mold I have no idea what to do with him. The only thing that comes to mind is I feel like I’d have remembered at least one of his posts by now, but I haven’t.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: September 21, 2022, 03:50:47 pm »

What's your read on Jim at this stage of the game?
Probably town, to the point that I don't need to investigate Jim any further at this time. Town!Jim usually makes decent analytical posts every 24 hours or so, which should confirm his alignment in my eyes.

@Toony: Yes, Roguelike Mafia 7 was a great game. It is also a good example of competent-town!Tric

FWIW
I mostly disagree, but I know you haven't played any games here recently.
Yes, 4mask missed Jim's Opening to Jade Court.
Let's just say Jim evolved into putting more glitz into his town game intros.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: September 21, 2022, 03:54:25 pm »

I’ve spent so long on MY that most of my reading ability is based on that particular environment, and the way Tric plays is so far outside that mold I have no idea what to do with him. The only thing that comes to mind is I feel like I’d have remembered at least one of his posts by now, but I haven’t.
"MY"? I thought you were on MUmafia universe? What is "MY"?

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: September 21, 2022, 03:57:33 pm »

The letters are right next to each other leave me alone  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: September 21, 2022, 04:01:29 pm »

The letters are right next to each other leave me alone  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
:-X

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: September 21, 2022, 04:05:28 pm »

I think this actually makes me feel better about NQT because they literally voted me for the same thing as this game in the bottom of Jack's link there. We could argue that NQT is under the same town mindset as they were in Roguelike 7.
Toony - Helpful and present in the thread... but no real push from them at all yet. Who's scum here, Toony?
I feel like I'm in the Twilight Zone or something. Need to rethink things. unvote for now.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: September 21, 2022, 04:09:12 pm »

It doesn't have to be meta reads.

What do you think of Tric's play in this game? Just look at his posts and tell me how they make you feel. For example, why do you think he said the same thing as you at game start? Is he a 4mask fan?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: September 21, 2022, 04:16:31 pm »

Top of page 11/post 150 for all you weirdos not using default ppp

KW saying they’d probably shoot Jack if they had a day vig, but it’s early and they’re busy so could be worse; I’m expecting elaboration later.

NQT has been asking questions of many people, easy enough to do as scum but willing to give the benefit of the doubt as poking others into activity is generally good. Promised a reads list after Tric and Egan posted, expecting that later too.

Max answering questions from Jim, being typically cagey of Max Spin, also says a lot on their ability to read KW that ends up in basically saying nothing (would normally scumread KW for doing certain things but isn’t this time because they got it wrong in the last game?) tells off EJ for scumreading Jim over nothing (I agree), also tells me activity is AI for some players in the game, and agrees with a point I made about Lenglon looking like they want to be scumread overnight. Could be buddying me, but I’m not sure if that’s something scum!Max would do, especially as how I had been taking the line that Lenglon is TP and not worth worrying about during the day. I think Max is smarter than that?

*break for baby and food*

NQT and Max have a back and forth about the evil witch. Max seems to flip-flop a bit, initially being confident there’s a greater than zero number of evil witches in the game in post 155, but eventually concludes there might not be any in post 157 after NQT points out though red herring or a vampire hunter role with no vampires in a previous game. Accuses NQT of being the witch, which feels a little bit like throwing shade rather than an actual accusation.

It could be that this is a scum team of Max and NQT deflecting suspicion of a scum team onto, but at this point in the game, that seems very unlikely.

NQT comes out this looking more town to me, Max… is still a difficult read for me, I’m not sure if the flip-flopping means anything, but combined with the cheeky accusation at the end, I think it might be something to keep an eye on.

I feel I’m typing too much.

*previews post*

Yeah probably.

Persus talking about previous games, does make a fair point about EJ poking Jim as trying too much but not doing enough, though. Pokes NQT over theorycrafting without D2 flavour. Kind of a null post, maybe kinda sorta leaning town? Need to see more.

*further distractions*

Eh the rest is Tric being Tric.

Probably just be better doing a reads list or something. This post is a bit pointless but fuck it that’s what happens when the game is made unfun and I have other shit to deal with.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: September 21, 2022, 04:44:08 pm »

Okay, at this point I'm going to vote TricMagic so he'll answer my question.

I don't have a preference. It's the fact you're setting up a chain of mislynches that bothers me. Scum can't play passive with so many people, so holding back won't work for them. It's enough of a deviation for me to take notice of it.
How do you know they're mislynches?

EuchreJack - Need to see a bit more. Leaning town from what I've seen but I expect a bit more energy.
Unfortunately, I'm now a working stiff, super busy, and more mature as a player.  I don't have it in me to give you much more than what you've been seeing.
Reminder: TRYHARDERJim is Scum!Jim
Can you clarify what you mean by this? Especially since you're engaging Jim on not doing enough a few posts later?

In my experience, when Jim is town, he instead just acknowledges that some players are unskilled and moves on with his life.
From my own experience, one of my first games (also a Supernatural actually), Jim as town was convinced I was scum (I wasn't). Course that was also 2013. But thanks for the response and the humorous post!

What's your read on Jim at this stage of the game?

What type of question is that persus? How do you know they're not mislynches? Setting up a chain of lynches is what the villains do, don't do that. It's fine if you're hunting scum, but town never seeks to put down suspicions so far in advance. Hence it being a chain of mislynches, it's set up so they can just move to the next target when the old one turns out to be town, just as they would know.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: September 21, 2022, 04:46:06 pm »

Fair given the number of posts I've made doesn't break the single digits. Also Yeet, can't forget that.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: September 21, 2022, 04:48:37 pm »

While there is definitely some valuable info, the game state does seem to be a large quantity of unfun with a shortage of substance from several players.
BUT, the unfun seems to be over, and more data is coming in.

[Veteran Town Player Helpful Hint: Asking questions of other players is a GREAT way to learn more about them. It's easier if you bold their name, so they don't accidentally miss your question. And also make sure it's an actual question, not "Look at me, I'm so smart, I just proved you're scum, die scum die, right?"
It helps to remember that the majority of players are actually on the same team. Talk To Your Teammates]
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 102