Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 102

Author Topic: Webadict's Supernatural - Game Over: Day of the Burning Sun  (Read 47327 times)

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: Webadict's Supernatural - Day 1: The Burning Sun [13 / 13]
« Reply #165 on: September 21, 2022, 08:20:00 am »

I am not a witch hunter. It would be pretty weird if there is no evil witch, but not inconceivable. I feel comfortable firmly asserting it, but I wouldn't say I'm certain.

Perhaps it is you.
It certainly is...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Did I miss an increase in photo memes these days? Not saying there's a problem with it, just noticing a trend.
Which ones are you talking about? You mean, like memes with people's avatars?

NQT
I get the appeal of trying to figure out the game flavor/mechanics, but isn't it a little early to be doing that since we don't have the start of D2 flavor yet?
What rationale would there be for holding off on telling everyone the possibility space? I might be dead by D2, and most of the other players aren't going to dig through old games like I did. I'm not trying to figure the whole game out now (impossible) but I am trying to lay out the possibilities so the town can understand evidence as it pours in.

It’s called not being a fucking robot, it’s a game, and I don’t have to be serious 100 percent of the time.
I'm a Knightwingist on this one, it's good to be yourself.

As for me up to this post. I'm going to put my suspisions on Max/Jack/Toony as the 3p team. Toony is last, Max is first.
Love it, coming in swinging... but why these three? What are your reasons?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: September 21, 2022, 08:24:14 am »

Mostly that max isn't passive D1, he's going after folks, pushing, trying to set up lines of interest, and generally looking to lynch. Jack, meanwhile, is way too calm an go with the flow. Could be excused by them having to work, but I'm not buying it. Also going after me is typically an "easy" lynch, or at the very least a role reveal, which I always do when the vote comes down to me.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: September 21, 2022, 08:31:09 am »

Mostly that max isn't passive D1, he's going after folks, pushing, trying to set up lines of interest, and generally looking to lynch.
...how would you prefer me to play?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: September 21, 2022, 08:39:13 am »

I don't have a preference. It's the fact you're setting up a chain of mislynches that bothers me. Scum can't play passive with so many people, so holding back won't work for them. It's enough of a deviation for me to take notice of it.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: September 21, 2022, 08:53:41 am »

Did I miss an increase in photo memes these days? Not saying there's a problem with it, just noticing a trend.
Which ones are you talking about? You mean, like memes with people's avatars?
More just folks posting meme images they made themselves in posts.

NQT
I get the appeal of trying to figure out the game flavor/mechanics, but isn't it a little early to be doing that since we don't have the start of D2 flavor yet?
What rationale would there be for holding off on telling everyone the possibility space? I might be dead by D2, and most of the other players aren't going to dig through old games like I did. I'm not trying to figure the whole game out now (impossible) but I am trying to lay out the possibilities so the town can understand evidence as it pours in.
Most of your stuff is good, but some of your questions to 4maskwolf seem like making a mountain out of a molehill. But that interaction is still ongoing so I'm not sure how much to read into that yet.

I don't have a preference. It's the fact you're setting up a chain of mislynches that bothers me. Scum can't play passive with so many people, so holding back won't work for them. It's enough of a deviation for me to take notice of it.
How do you know they're mislynches?
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: September 21, 2022, 08:57:07 am »

PFP

@Hector:
I disagree with not believing Lenglon and it's correct that town should sometimes conceal the truth. Webadict has also stated they don't like town claiming early and wish to punish that in games.

@Tric:
Tric, so you're not claiming and your trying to make sense?

Kill'em.

@NQT & Lenglon:
Wow stop bickering. Lenglon explained their situation and is probably being too emotional. NQT is in fact asking questions that have already been answered, but I've also noticed them missing player's posts in this game.

Verdict? Neither are Evil, get over it.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: September 21, 2022, 08:57:35 am »

Completely wrong.

Mamobo

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia Moderation Bot
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: September 21, 2022, 09:11:23 am »

Vote Count
------------------------
Jim Groovester - 2 - 4maskwolf*, hector13*,
TricMagic - 2 - EuchreJack*, ToonyMan*,
4maskwolf - 1 - Knightwing64*,
EuchreJack - 1 - Vector*,
Knightwing64 - 1 - notquitethere*,
Maximum Spin - 1 - TricMagic*,
notquitethere - 1 - Lenglon*,
Egan_BW - 0 -
hector13 - 0 -
Lenglon - 0 -
Persus13 - 0 -
ToonyMan - 0 -
Vector - 0 -
No One - 0 -

Not Voting - 4 - Egan_BW, Jim Groovester, Maximum Spin*, Persus13,

7 to Hammer. Day ends on September 23, 2022 at 20:00 CDT (~58 hours remaining).

NOTE: In the event of a tie, the Mafia chooses the execution target.
Mamobo stands for Mafia Moderation Bot! Mamobo was made by webadict to help those in need!

Mamobo hates villainy and lawlessness! Mamobo loves blueberries!

Mamobo is happy to be of use! If you'd like to improve Mamobo, please do something else instead!

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: September 21, 2022, 09:12:38 am »

Hmm, Mamobo actually means that "Evil forces choose the execution target."

But, don't be too hard on it.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: September 21, 2022, 09:16:25 am »

I haven't even tried to set up a chain of any kind of lynches. I honestly felt like I'd been kind of half-assing it up until my first post this morning.

Part of me really wants to lynch Tric for being obviously wrong, but obviously wrong is usually town Tric, so I'll hang around for actual scum instead. That said, I wouldn't be against it as a last-ditch choice. It'll stop him from blocking a vig or something. :P

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: September 21, 2022, 09:59:07 am »

Unvote: apologies for the hostility NQT.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: September 21, 2022, 10:06:12 am »

Apology accepted. I'm sorry for being annoying. I should have read the thread thoroughly before diving in with demands.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: September 21, 2022, 10:19:15 am »

Eurgh apologies, something fun must have happened.

I’ve got a million 3 and a bit pages to go through, plus whatever gets posted by the time I get round to it, and any re-reading I might need to do, which may take a while. I’ll do it after breakfast.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: September 21, 2022, 10:28:23 am »

4mask
But my role interacts with monster-type abilities and has a separate clause that it has a different effect if I target a member of the wolf team, so I’m inclined to take Leng’s claim at face value.
Please could you be more specific, I know you're using international standard mafia lingo, but in Supernatural there can be both wolf and non-wolf scum teams. So are you claiming werewolf hunter / do you claim to have any info on the scum team (and if so why didn't you lead with that)? I'm assuming you're talking generically about an anti-town faction. Do you know it's a team (not a Magus)? Does it work on serial killers etc? I would quite like to know if it's werewolves we're facing!

KW
Ugh. It’s 6 AM right now. I hate high school.

Probably Jack? I remember sussing him for a good reason earlier, but I forgot exactly what, and I’m in too much of a rush to figure it out again
That's fine, I can't think at that time in the morning either, but when you figure it out let us know.
Generic lingo, wolf as a description for the evil team in general.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: September 21, 2022, 10:47:50 am »

Why did I sign up for a game that started one day before school did fml.

Alright enough whining let's get down to brass tacks.

NQT: Expanding on my previous statement, my role doesn't provide any hints as to the nature of the evil player(s), but given that this is a webadict supernatural I'm inclined to believe that it's a unique team we haven't seen before.

Jim: Half meme vote half half-remembered unreliable meta read, re: why I voted you.

Toonyman: For someone who has me as a locked neutral due to respecting my scumplay, I'm surprised you haven't tried too hard to dig to find my alignment.

EuchreJack: *bonk* don't leave players unsolved because of their reputation, if you can't read someone and have reads on everyone else it's time to put pressure on the unknowns.

Also IME Vector is pretty aggressive when they're able to post regardless of how much time they have available.

More to come later I have to get ready for the day  :'( :'( :'(
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 102