Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 15

Author Topic: CYOGTCG Wars - Core Thread  (Read 11676 times)

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
Re: CYOGTCG Wars - Core Thread - More players needed!
« Reply #45 on: September 11, 2022, 09:59:06 pm »

Alright! Everyone is accounted for, and apparently there was a reason for the delay which is not expected to cause a delay again in the near future! First battle phase can finally start! The instructions have been included in the battle phase post in your design thread for your convenience.
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 12, 2022, 12:06:57 am »

I wish I was able to see about this game sooner!, sad to see that it's already 3v3 and is already starting to get too the good part, don't want to join unless someone else does to ruin the player balance that exist between the current two sides. All I can say currently is good luck on your draws and strategy and hopefully I can see some interesting fights between the players. Hopefully the game will be interesting to the spectator! :)

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 12, 2022, 12:23:46 am »

I wish I was able to see about this game sooner!, sad to see that it's already 3v3 and is already starting to get too the good part, don't want to join unless someone else does to ruin the player balance that exist between the current two sides. All I can say currently is good luck on your draws and strategy and hopefully I can see some interesting fights between the players. Hopefully the game will be interesting to the spectator! :)

Its not strictly necessary to keep a perfect balance on both sides at all times, but I'll be sure to let you know if a player decides to leave the game, or if another new player joins.
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 12, 2022, 08:50:21 am »

Join us shadowclaw, embrace the darkness of G. Be who you were meant to be, a king and E*i*.

Really though, just want more cards and zones. Zones are important.

dgr11897

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 12, 2022, 03:57:54 pm »

Hmm. Might join this eventually.
Quote from: evicted Saint on discord
Weaponizing Jesus isn't something you do turn 4
Quote from: Alice on a different discord, to iridium, kind of.
hold on, let me keep blowing kisses at him until he stops
My Power armor arms race

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 12, 2022, 04:02:54 pm »

Going to clarify a rule: If a card is destroyed, its stats and effects will return to their base values unless stated otherwise.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

dgr11897

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 12, 2022, 05:40:35 pm »

Ooh. Neat. I think I'll be waiting till this combat finishes to join. Mostly because if we manage to get this game through a combat then I'll be a lot more confident in it managing to continue.
Edit:
Changed my mind!
Character Name: Halkgen
Character Hairstyle: Short and messy unkempt brown hair.

Region Name: Airbase Alpha
Region Description: Expansive networks of runways and hangars exist on the surface, serviced by numerous Air traffic control towers. Below strange and arcane machines eternally toil to create ever more aircraft in all shapes and sizes, along with the fuel and ammo for them.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2022, 06:02:22 pm by dgr11897 »
My Power armor arms race

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 12, 2022, 06:28:01 pm »

With dgr11897 joining (hey!) you should join too  :D

dgr11897

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 12, 2022, 07:04:04 pm »

I'm already thinking up cards for later. Just based on the stuff shown already in the fight between Maximum and Notquite.

My Power armor arms race

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 12, 2022, 08:34:26 pm »

Character Name: Gabriella Scales
Character Hairstyle: Long braided brown hair with a fake jewelry circlet
Character Description: (Optional): A neurodivergent artsy highschool gal who just has a crazy positive association with dragons and loves to draw and paint them. She wears a black t-shirt with a cool dragon graphic and ripped jeans with a few paint marks on them

Region Name: Dragon Graveyard
Region Description: A long-forgotten resting site that contains thousands of fallen warriors and dragons that is all plateaud from a somewhat green valley and cornered by a high icy mountain, the scenery is graphic with most of all vegetation being barren and devoid of most manner of life. The mere energy contained by many powerful creatures that lie here means that their may be potent magic within the rolling bones.

Edit: Here’s a player submission!
« Last Edit: September 12, 2022, 08:51:16 pm by Shadowclaw777 »

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 12, 2022, 09:24:03 pm »

Ooh. Neat. I think I'll be waiting till this combat finishes to join. Mostly because if we manage to get this game through a combat then I'll be a lot more confident in it managing to continue.
Edit:
Changed my mind!
Character Name: Halkgen
Character Hairstyle: Short and messy unkempt brown hair.

Region Name: Airbase Alpha
Region Description: Expansive networks of runways and hangars exist on the surface, serviced by numerous Air traffic control towers. Below strange and arcane machines eternally toil to create ever more aircraft in all shapes and sizes, along with the fuel and ammo for them.

Application has been processed. Halkgen has been allocated to Team 1.

Character Name: Gabriella Scales
Character Hairstyle: Long braided brown hair with a fake jewelry circlet
Character Description: (Optional): A neurodivergent artsy highschool gal who just has a crazy positive association with dragons and loves to draw and paint them. She wears a black t-shirt with a cool dragon graphic and ripped jeans with a few paint marks on them

Region Name: Dragon Graveyard
Region Description: A long-forgotten resting site that contains thousands of fallen warriors and dragons that is all plateaud from a somewhat green valley and cornered by a high icy mountain, the scenery is graphic with most of all vegetation being barren and devoid of most manner of life. The mere energy contained by many powerful creatures that lie here means that their may be potent magic within the rolling bones.

Edit: Here’s a player submission!

Application has been processed. Gabriella Scales has been allocated to Team 2

dgr11897

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 12, 2022, 10:02:21 pm »

Neat. Are we fighting this round or are we staying out of it?
My Power armor arms race

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 13, 2022, 04:23:56 pm »

I think you might be sitting the first round out. Might give you a design phase soon-ish to tide you over it it looks like the combat phase will take a while or something.

Also here's a rule clarification: If you go first, you DO draw a card on your first turn, so you would start with 5 cards and immediately draw a 6th at the start of your turn.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #59 on: September 14, 2022, 03:11:31 am »

GL with this endeavor SN!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 15