Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 15

Author Topic: CYOGTCG Wars - Core Thread  (Read 11653 times)

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: CYOGTCG Wars - Core Thread - More players needed!
« Reply #60 on: September 14, 2022, 05:54:28 am »

I'm guessing you guys can see where our one real combo kinda formed here.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 14, 2022, 06:30:44 am »

Observing the battles so far, this seems pretty interesting. But the time it takes to fight a battle does seem like a concern. Have you considered resolving the battles on Discord or similar (copied to threads for later perusal)?
Long Live United Forenia!

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 14, 2022, 06:35:36 am »

The main thing slowing it down seems to be time taken to get rulings + time zones. My match might have finished by now if we didn't have to stop for rulings. Those clarifications will hopefully become less frequent the more a card sees action.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 14, 2022, 02:51:02 pm »

quick questions @Supernerd, there was some talk about a discard pile/graveyard, so does this thing exist, and designed cards can interact with this design space?, I was seeing that weird beetle card and seeing people not record the discard pile, even though I know the hassle ;)

Also cards must have the “May be flipped when played” text description right for them to be flipped when played, or they don’t need it seems?, (as in can all cards be played face down?) these ghost cards made that interaction interesting

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 14, 2022, 03:09:11 pm »

Conversation around the Big Friendly Ghost has indicated that cards can not be played face down unless something, either a territory rule or another card, is specifically letting them be played face down. In retrospect I should have made that a 'when enters play' effect, but I was coming out of a three day power outage when I wrote them up so I was mainly trying to get some cards out as to not delay things any longer at that point. ^_^;
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 14, 2022, 03:39:01 pm »

quick questions @Supernerd, there was some talk about a discard pile/graveyard, so does this thing exist, and designed cards can interact with this design space?, I was seeing that weird beetle card and seeing people not record the discard pile, even though I know the hassle ;)
The discard pile does exist and rules can and do interact with it. See the Valley of Kings region effects:

- When a game ends here, each player may choose three of their cards in their graveyard. The next time their team battles in this region, they will be in their graveyard at the start of the game.

Battle 2 has ended in a draw.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 14, 2022, 04:17:18 pm »

Battle 3 has No One listening in, No One is very entertained.

And yeah. When cards enter play, most effects go off then unless listed otherwise. Playing a card facedown results in it's enter play effect occurring when flipped faceup, but not other times.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 14, 2022, 04:20:58 pm »

You know what, the thread title still says "More players needed!"- although if Supernerd doesn't want to go beyond 4-4, that would make sense to me. But if more players are actually desirable, I'll put a thing here.
Character Name: Notta Diemon
Character Hairstyle: Purple fire
Character Description (Optional): Obviously, clearly, an eldritch fire demon. But wears a trenchcoat and fedora, which it thinks serves as an adequate disguise.

Region Name: Blazing Caldera
Region Description: Why would you play card games here? This is literally the caldera of an active volcano? Sure, there's a stone platform suspended in the middle by massive iron chains, but the oppressive heat and toxic gasses are going to sap your strength just by being here. Worse still, a drop of lava might splash onto the duelling zone and light your cards on fire!
Long Live United Forenia!

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 14, 2022, 04:48:50 pm »

You know what, the thread title still says "More players needed!"- although if Supernerd doesn't want to go beyond 4-4, that would make sense to me. But if more players are actually desirable, I'll put a thing here.
Character Name: Notta Diemon
Character Hairstyle: Purple fire
Character Description (Optional): Obviously, clearly, an eldritch fire demon. But wears a trenchcoat and fedora, which it thinks serves as an adequate disguise.

Region Name: Blazing Caldera
Region Description: Why would you play card games here? This is literally the caldera of an active volcano? Sure, there's a stone platform suspended in the middle by massive iron chains, but the oppressive heat and toxic gasses are going to sap your strength just by being here. Worse still, a drop of lava might splash onto the duelling zone and light your cards on fire!

Get your dice and digital nonsense outta here~
Seriously though, glad to have another player for the game. Card games are fun.

dgr11897

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: CYOGTCG Wars - Core Thread - More players wanted!
« Reply #69 on: September 14, 2022, 05:24:06 pm »

I'mma be honest. I kinda expected us to lose most of our matches due to our non-coordination of cards and the resulting holes in a few areas. But instead it looks like the wide variety of cards we made ended up being enough to win us the day.
Quote from: evicted Saint on discord
Weaponizing Jesus isn't something you do turn 4
Quote from: Alice on a different discord, to iridium, kind of.
hold on, let me keep blowing kisses at him until he stops
My Power armor arms race

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 14, 2022, 05:48:12 pm »

I'mma be honest. I kinda expected us to lose most of our matches due to our non-coordination of cards and the resulting holes in a few areas. But instead it looks like the wide variety of cards we made ended up being enough to win us the day.
Honestly, it's more like you just made 2 cards that each separately countered the entire strategy we built for.

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 14, 2022, 05:58:53 pm »

Playing against Stirk, it felt more like they got bad draws then anything else, which meant plan 'hit them until they died' worked without complications.
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 14, 2022, 06:03:02 pm »

The Victory Point shop is now open! If you actually won a game, you'll gain Victory Points that you can spend. Keep in mind that prize cards will generally only permit you to have a single copy of the obtained card into your deck, and are only usable by you (With some exceptions).
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

dgr11897

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 14, 2022, 06:04:54 pm »

The Victory Point shop is now open! If you actually won a game, you'll gain Victory Points that you can spend. Keep in mind that prize cards will generally only permit you to have a single copy of the obtained card into your deck, and are only usable by you (With some exceptions).
And I'm guessing card modifications are only usable by the player that bought them? Unless there's some way to make that change universal.
Quote from: evicted Saint on discord
Weaponizing Jesus isn't something you do turn 4
Quote from: Alice on a different discord, to iridium, kind of.
hold on, let me keep blowing kisses at him until he stops
My Power armor arms race

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 14, 2022, 06:05:45 pm »

Editing previously made cards?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 15