Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15

Author Topic: CYOGTCG Wars - Core Thread  (Read 11632 times)

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
Re: CYOGTCG Wars - Core Thread
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2022, 10:21:28 pm »

Character Name: Dalloc
Character Hairstyle: A pair of cable 'pigtails' that end in plugs.
Character Description (Optional): A 'cyborg' in the sense of 'well she used to be human at least', at this point the only parts of her organic body that haven't been replaced with advanced, albeit visibly inhuman, prosthetics are those portions of the brain that technology cannot yet properly emulate. Her head in particular is a mass of protruding cameras and LED screens.

Region Name: The City
Region Description: A sprawling dystopian futuristic cityscape, where vast expanses of cramped and crime-riddled backstreet slums form veritable valleys between the towering neon heights of the high class 'Nest' districts.

(oh gosh I am so fucking eager to start reading cards that the fact I'm not in a team yet is physically painful)

Application has been processed. Dalloc has been allocated to Team 2
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: CYOGTCG Wars - Core Thread
« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2022, 05:08:45 pm »

Next design phase coming up very soon.

To clarify, classifications such as Terrain, Sheep, Building, Fish etc are something that is inferred from the card's image and name; and does not necessarily have to be explicitly written on the card.
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
Re: CYOGTCG Wars - Core Thread - More players needed!
« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2022, 10:55:58 pm »

So how does this work if we have an uneven number of players?
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2022, 10:59:35 pm »

A player will have to sit out the combat round. I'm hoping that we will get at least one more player soon.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2022, 11:02:11 pm »

A player will have to sit out the combat round. I'm hoping that we will get at least one more player soon.

They're also going to end up having an extra card each round right?

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2022, 11:57:08 pm »

I am most likely just going to let the team with less players make more cards if this game doesn't get enough attention.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2022, 12:09:42 am »

Would you be interested in me showing the game around to potentially get some more attention?

Also, does allowing players to just make the mechanical aspects of the cards wholesale and then correcting for balance when you go to render them into cards lead to a less draining experience than just getting vague details and having to make the full card from there like in the school-based ones?

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2022, 12:13:25 am »

I wouldn't object to this game getting more attention.

I don't have a clear answer about what is or is not harder than what. I think it has more to do with what players are trying to get away with than the exact mechanics behind their intention. I figure this game needs to allow players to do some degree of fine-tuning in order to counter what are otherwise potentially overpowered cards from the opposing team.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2022, 08:41:24 am »

Eh, this is my first time actually using the other parts of the system. Kinda expected that last one to be different from what it showed. Situationally useful though.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 08, 2022, 07:44:44 pm »

Well I've passed the game around on the few Discord servers I'm part of that are related to Bay12. Don't seem to have even gotten noticed on most of them though, let alone garnered interest. Which means I think the big thing here is going to be that Team 1 needs to get to make two extra cards this turn to close the gap, and then 1 extra card each turn going forward, and that means figuring out who gets to make the extra card.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2022, 07:49:43 pm by Failbird105 »

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 08, 2022, 07:48:51 pm »

Well I've passed the game around on the few Discord servers I'm part of that are related to Bay12. Don't seem to have even gotten noticed on most of them though, let alone garnered interest.

~6 players is around the expected average for this type of game. Just kinda the size games here tend to be.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 08, 2022, 07:58:59 pm »

~6 players is around the expected average for this type of game. Just kinda the size games here tend to be.
Yeah, but it seems like it will make this game rather awkward to manage if we can't get it to an even number again, which makes me kind of self-conscious since... I'm the reason why we don't have an even number right now, but it'd also fucking kill me to see a CYOGTCG game running that I just have to sit out on the sidelines when my brain is overflowing with card ideas.

Edit: So someone on one of the servers just proposed a solution:
instead of doing 1 card per player, it's a certain number of cards per team, and the players vote on which of the proposed cards to make. So deal with the team number imbalance by making it a bit closer to the standard AR.

This would also mean that it wouldn't be required for players to be active every single turn, which reduces pressure that could drive away potential new players. Adjust the battle phase rules as well such that there's a specific number of battles per turn instead of 'every player who can have an opponent must participate' thing and it'd likely help even more
« Last Edit: September 08, 2022, 08:25:47 pm by Failbird105 »

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 08, 2022, 08:43:31 pm »

Yeah, but it seems like it will make this game rather awkward to manage if we can't get it to an even number again, which makes me kind of self-conscious since... I'm the reason why we don't have an even number right now, but it'd also fucking kill me to see a CYOGTCG game running that I just have to sit out on the sidelines when my brain is overflowing with card ideas.

Edit: So someone on one of the servers just proposed a solution:
instead of doing 1 card per player, it's a certain number of cards per team, and the players vote on which of the proposed cards to make. So deal with the team number imbalance by making it a bit closer to the standard AR.

This would also mean that it wouldn't be required for players to be active every single turn, which reduces pressure that could drive away potential new players. Adjust the battle phase rules as well such that there's a specific number of battles per turn instead of 'every player who can have an opponent must participate' thing and it'd likely help even more

Like I said we already have the expected number of players. Not much you can do to get more.

Just chill, all it means is the other guys are going to have to rotate making an extra card. Since there are just two of them the logistics arn't difficult to figure out.

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 08, 2022, 09:20:28 pm »

Character Name: Elric the Brown Haired
Character Hairstyle: Brown hair, balding in the front, cut short.
Character Description (Optional): A middle aged man dressed in comfortable clothing and a snazzy hat.

Region Name: Space Station Theta
Region Description: This expansive solar station exists in close orbit around the sun, to better allow the myriad of solar panels it bears to channel the power of the sun. Above the flower-like bloom of solar panels lies the colony itself, which consists of several environmental domes (each of a different environment) clustered around the central habitation dome and main structural stalk.
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 08, 2022, 09:56:43 pm »

Character Name: Elric the Brown Haired
Hm, that technically matches the team name.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15