Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 31

Author Topic: (AIsg) The Level Up Club: Cockroach Graveyard, Turn 23  (Read 19196 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: (AIsg) The Level Up Club: Overflow Bin Clear!
« Reply #345 on: October 22, 2022, 02:18:57 am »

"Chihuahua Joe of the Cockroach Graveyard"

Hell of a name.

So we now have a powerful rival who's going to try to bully us out of the adventuring biz. Good luck, ya fossil. Murder our friends and we'll craft more!

I'd say it's adventuring time. I'm still down to grab a crafting station, but Gray is basically our third (or I guess technically second) minion and he might be more effective if we grab his stuff first.

My vote is for Cockroach Joe.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: October 22, 2022, 02:21:26 am »

The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

IncompetentFortressMaker

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL:MODDING:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: October 22, 2022, 11:32:07 am »

Quote from: ZBridges
Quote from: King Zultan
Quote from: IronyOwl
+1
+1
+1

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: October 22, 2022, 02:09:35 pm »

We will do another intermission while I get the new dungeon set up. I should have something posted in a day or two.

Lets play another game in the meantime.

The above image was generated by a prompt exactly 9 words long. The nine words form a grammatically correct sentence.

Submit a sentence exactly 9 words long. Whoever gets the most words in common with the prompt wins.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (AIsg) The Level Up Club: Loading Screen Minigame!
« Reply #350 on: October 23, 2022, 02:19:32 am »

Two kids eating many pizzas at home with family.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: October 23, 2022, 02:37:08 am »

Two kids eat dinner at a table with family.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: October 23, 2022, 02:59:24 am »

Happy family enjoys pizza birthday party with finger painting
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: October 24, 2022, 01:04:45 am »

Two kids eating many pizzas at home with family.

This was a tough one. Might not have even been fair. This is the winner with one correct word. I actually used the oldschool memory device to remember the planets in order when there were 9 of them: "My very educated mother just served us nine pizzas."

You already have an unused free +1, and I don't want people stockpiling them, so I'll give you a choice: You can give a free +1 to IronyOwl, who came close with 'pizza' instead of 'pizzas', or take mystery prize which may or may not be as good.

---

The next day you show up to your homeroom with a carton of milk and a bottle of pesticides.

"The Cockroach Graveyard. Really?"

Its where I tracked your stuff. Somebody named Chihuahua Joe has it. Sound familiar?

"Yeah. He's one of the unaffiliated dweller losers who hangs out down there, doing drugs and practicing necromancy. The jerk is a known kleptomaniac. If he has my shit, I'm going to shove a spell so far up his ass the Heartkeepers will have to take corrective action to prevent him from walking funny when they bring him back to life. If we can find him, that is."

You don't like our chances?

"...Could be dicey. They say the lord of the Cockroach graveyard looks out for the loners and outcasts among my kind. The locals don't take kindly to people like me who are clearly repping a faction. We will likely have to scratch and claw through everything that breaths and some things that don't to find Joe."

Sounds like a good time!

"*sigh* ...Well I don't have any material things to lose, so no skin off my back if I die. Thanks for sticking your far less expendable neck out for me. I'll try not to let you down."

You spend the next few minutes properly mixing the milk with the pesticides. You then pour the concoction onto the ground and order Jameson and Diode to jump in the puddle. They both do so, and they both vanish. Gray goes next. Finally, it is your turn to jump.

For a brief moment you feel yourself falling through something that is at the same time both liquid and incorporeal. It tastes foul in your mouth, and burns your eyes.

Then, with a thud, you land on solid ground in some sort of dimly lit crypt. It looks as though you can travel Southeast through a corridor, or north through a set of oversized saloon doors. The passage to your west is clearly a dead end.

The intercom flares to life.

"Ah. The Cockroach Graveyard. It looks like Dark Lord Hercules has renovated, and is now using a more open labyrinth floorplan as opposed to clearly defined 'rooms'. For now, lets just say that one combat encounter equals one room for the frequency of your spells and abilities, mmmmkay? Mmmmkay. Oh. And have a Minimap... Well this one isn't so mini, but it should help you navigate better nonetheless."

How do you proceed?

Assets by DALL-E, Midjourney, and Playground AI. Character Sheet.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: (AIsg) The Level Up Club: Cockroach Graveyard, Turn 1
« Reply #354 on: October 24, 2022, 01:12:36 am »

Uh... we're the toughest varmints here, so through the saloon doors.

Ask Gray about unaffiliated dwellers while we walk.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: October 24, 2022, 01:22:20 am »

+1

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: October 24, 2022, 02:15:48 am »

You head up towards the saloon doors, conversing with Gray as you go.

So what is with the unaffiliated dwellers?

"They usually don't last long. Our 'immortality' makes us ideal prey for Bugbears, and the fact that we are artificial teenagers exempt from the protections of cosmic law makes us popular with Succubi. Its rare for a Dweller to celebrate their 10th birthday, and rarer still for one without the protection of a faction to make it to their 3rd. Dungeons like these are the exception where the true loners can thrive; Powerful beings like Dark Lord Hercules look after them in hopes of currying Mr. Levy's favor. This place in particular kind of has a reputation of being a safe haven for druggies. The remains of the giant cockroaches here can really mess you up... allegedly."

You burst through the saloon doors, and survey the scene. You appear to be in a large dead-end room. There is a pile of treasure to your north, guarded by three bugs. The bugs watch you wareily, but do not seem aggressive. Perhaps your numbers have them spooked. You doubt you will be able to approach the loot without a fight, however.

Taking a closer look at the bugs, two appear to be cockroaches the size of dogs. Each has a strange mammal-like mouth with a massive set of fangs. The third bug is a blue preying mantis the size of a man.

"Shoot. I don't actually remember how to tell the living roaches from the undead ones here. And that is important... The living ones hit harder, but the dead ones can self destruct... or something... I think. Can't for the life of me remember what that Mantis does, either."

How do you proceed?

Assets by DALL-E, Midjourney, and Playground AI. Character Sheet. Minimap.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: October 24, 2022, 03:37:52 am »

Using the Pixturdex, look up the stats of the cockroaches and of the mantis.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: October 24, 2022, 04:24:50 am »

You can give a free +1 to IronyOwl, who came close with 'pizza' instead of 'pizzas', or take mystery prize which may or may not be as good.
I want the mystery box!

Lets grab that treasure, but do this first.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: October 24, 2022, 11:41:23 am »

You can give a free +1 to IronyOwl, who came close with 'pizza' instead of 'pizzas', or take mystery prize which may or may not be as good.
I want the mystery box!

Your prize will be sticking me with a new avatar of your choice! Write a prompt, I'll run it through some AI, and use one of the outputs as my b12 avatar for at least a month. Please be kind. :)

You begin to snap pictures of the bugs in front of you...

The widget processes your photographs for a few seconds, before spitting out the following two lines of output:

Quote from: Pixturdex Output
CRGT3: King Mantid, Beast (Bug), 19 HP, 11 AC
CRGT4: Roachpire, Vampiric Undead, 8 HP, 16 AC

Looks like those are the undead ones...

"...Fun. Real quick, sir, if we are going to pick this fight, would you happen to have some magic raw materials you'd be willing to spare? My best offensive spell requires the consumption of an external magic source, and I'd like to be able to cast it should the need arise."

How do you proceed?

Assets by DALL-E, Midjourney, and Playground AI. Character Sheet.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 31