Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 31

Author Topic: (AIsg) The Level Up Club: Cockroach Graveyard, Turn 23  (Read 19321 times)

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
Re: (AIsg) The Level Up Club: Overflow Bin, Room 6, Turn 0
« Reply #210 on: October 10, 2022, 06:24:15 pm »

How far does Homeric Recitation go? Weirdsound, please don't consider this final yet until at least somebody else chimes in on it, because I'm not the best at this.

5 squares away, but it doesn't discriminate between friend and foe.

IncompetentFortressMaker

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL:MODDING:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: October 10, 2022, 06:24:48 pm »

...I would think zombies can't be put to sleep, but maybe I'm wrong.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: October 11, 2022, 01:00:30 am »

Well looks like we're in for some fun.
Standing orders to Jameson: attack what we attack.
We're clearly not gonna be able to make a run for it this time. With that in mind... let's see.
Let's ask the crown if it's willing to animate our walking stick for us, since it locked us out of doing that. Use salesman skill to phrase it as a "necessary protection" or the like if needed.
I'm not certain how many actions we can take per turn, so please factor that in before considering these:
  • Let's jump over the river alongside Jameson, assuming we're able to. Looking at our movement speed we can both land right next to the guy closest to us.
  • Next, let's do some Homeric Recitation and try boring our adversaries out of their minds.
How far does Homeric Recitation go? Weirdsound, please don't consider this final yet until at least somebody else chimes in on it, because I'm not the best at this.
+1 Looks good to me.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: October 11, 2022, 02:30:36 am »

...I would think zombies can't be put to sleep, but maybe I'm wrong.
I see nothing on his charsheet that would indicate this, so I'd be wary of assuming so.

That said, let's bully some nerds.

Hop the river and attack the leftmost nerd. Have Jameson Bullrush across the river and clobber Ai.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: October 11, 2022, 12:50:42 pm »

Well looks like we're in for some fun.
Standing orders to Jameson: attack what we attack.
We're clearly not gonna be able to make a run for it this time. With that in mind... let's see.
Let's ask the crown if it's willing to animate our walking stick for us, since it locked us out of doing that. Use salesman skill to phrase it as a "necessary protection" or the like if needed.
I'm not certain how many actions we can take per turn, so please factor that in before considering these:
  • Let's jump over the river alongside Jameson, assuming we're able to. Looking at our movement speed we can both land right next to the guy closest to us.
  • Next, let's do some Homeric Recitation and try boring our adversaries out of their minds.

Jameson, attack what I do. You, in the crown. My life is in danger, surely you can help us both out an animate my walking stick?

"Eh. You'll be fine, mortal. Mr. Level said these dweller people are only going to rob you if they win, SO ENJOY YOUR CURSE! MUHAHAHAHAHAH!"

Great...

You dash towards the river and leap across. Jameson follows. Once you land, you begin reciting some of the less interesting bits of the Iliad from memory...

Quote from: Homeric Recitation Rolls
D5. 1 = Sleep. 2-3 = Nap.

Jameson: 3
Closest Mook: 3
Ai: 3
Distant Mook: 1

Suddenly, you are the only person left standing in the room. The most distant enemy seems to be sleeping much deeper than his comrades or Jameson. How do you proceed?

Assets by DALL-E, Midjourney, or found under a creative commons license. Character Sheet.

IncompetentFortressMaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (AIsg) The Level Up Club: Overflow Bin, Room 6, Turn 1
« Reply #215 on: October 11, 2022, 01:01:56 pm »

Is it possible to wake a napping entity without waking other ones at the same time?
If so, it would probably be a good idea to wake Jameson, and then decide what we're going to do from there.
from everyone else, feedback appreciated. Also, does it look like we could potentially sneak around the napping ones, or do they seem too close to awakening for that to be feasible?

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: October 11, 2022, 01:04:59 pm »

Is it possible to wake a napping entity without waking other ones at the same time?
If so, it would probably be a good idea to wake Jameson, and then decide what we're going to do from there.
from everyone else, feedback appreciated. Also, does it look like we could potentially sneak around the napping ones, or do they seem too close to awakening for that to be feasible?

I'm not gonna tell you how the status conditions work. You are gonna have to find some source of In Character knowledge or learn through trial and error.

IncompetentFortressMaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: October 11, 2022, 01:06:15 pm »

Entirely understandable. Sorry if I came across as demanding; not too familiar with forum games.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: October 11, 2022, 01:23:20 pm »

Entirely understandable. Sorry if I came across as demanding; not too familiar with forum games.

Not a problem. No two forum games are alike. It isn't unreasonable to assume you'll be given some information.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: October 11, 2022, 05:31:10 pm »

Fair's fair. Rob em, then throw Jameson over the river and haul him into the portal.

I'd suggest drawing dicks on their faces as well, but I don't see anything good for that in inventory.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
  • The dark Knight of Eternity
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: October 11, 2022, 07:09:21 pm »

we could do it in their blood.  or is that too morbid?
We're talking about partially sapient undead spaghetti here, you can probably instruct it to only strangle specific diners.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: October 11, 2022, 07:31:37 pm »

Fair's fair. Rob em, then throw Jameson over the river and haul him into the portal.

I'd suggest drawing dicks on their faces as well, but I don't see anything good for that in inventory.
+1

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: October 12, 2022, 01:11:02 am »

+1
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: October 12, 2022, 01:59:17 am »

Quote from: Character Sheet
Animate Tool (1 Use Per Room, can be used on random school supplies from your backpack if no suitable tool exists in your inventory.)

I'd allow you to whip out a pen or marker for flavor purposes. Not gonna do it here, cause you didn't bold it.

---

You bend down and take the glowing gauntlet off the napping Dweller in front of you. In your hands, it promptly dissolves into a puddle of glowing blue goop and wires!

+1 Spool of Copper Wires
+1 Unit of Gauntlet Goop

Quote from: Friendly Nap Rolls
Jameson = 3

Jameson Remains Asleep...

Quote from: Hostile Nap Rolls
Mook = 3
Ai = 2

...as do Ai and her underling that you just robbed.

The most distant enemy isn't even stirring, so you forward to plunder Ai next.

The not-quite-human gamer girl's rifle splits into two pieces as you pluck it from her hands, but it doesn't disintegrate like the gauntlet. It resembles an AWP from a multiplayer shooting game, but it is covered in more buttons and switches than a sensible gun ought to have. You are not sure if you could work this weapon even if you didn't have a cursed crown leeching your knowledge of items.

You also find 8 Dubloons in her pocket.

+Unidentified Overcomplicated Cyberpunk AWP
+8 Dubloons

Jameson = 1

Jameson fails to wake up...

Quote from: Hostile Nap Rolls
Mook = 4
Ai = 3

Both your robbery victims spring to their feet!

"Eeeeps! We have been disarmed! I'll retreat for now, BUT I'LL GET YOU FOR THIS RANDY! YOUR ASS IS MINE! I'LL FIND YOUR HOUSE AND -SALTY GAMER WORDS- YOUR FATHER!"

Ai then lunges forward and dives into the river, vanishing with a splash! Her disarmed underling next to Jameson follows her lead!

Quote from: Hostile Sleep Roll
Sleeping Mook = 2

The final mook finally stirs a bit, so you move over to rob him next. Removing his gauntlet yields the same messy melty result...

+1 Spool of Copper Wires
+1 Unit of Gauntlet Goop

Jameson = 4

Your pet zombie finally springs back to unlife as you loot! Perhaps driven by its hatred toward the living, it interprets your theft as an attack and charges in to follow up!

Quote from: Bullrush Horn Attack
To Hit: 5 + 5 + 5 = 15
Melee Attacks Autocrit Sleeping Targets!

Damage: 2 + 4 + 1 = 7

The savage beating delivered by Jameson's horns both bloodies your foe and shocks him awake. He must have been sleeping deeper than the others, as he is unable to move right away upon waking up! Jameson's attack has also kept the poor fool prone, so you doubt he can make it into the river as quick as his comrades did even if he got the chance to move again.

Your foe is disarmed, injured, and likely to flee. How do you proceed?

Assets by DALL-E, Midjourney, and Playground AI. Character Sheet.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (AIsg) The Level Up Club: Overflow Bin, Room 6, Turns 2-4
« Reply #224 on: October 12, 2022, 02:23:09 am »

I wonder if we could capture him and press him for information.  He probably knows enough to allow us to put together a crude map of the dungeon.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 31