Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26

Author Topic: Proc Gen Mafia 4 - Game Over - Scum Win  (Read 19277 times)

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
Re: Proc Gen Mafia 4 - Day 3 - Office Emptying Fast
« Reply #345 on: September 11, 2022, 04:34:58 pm »

Well, I already suspected Jim, so that doesn’t do much for me. I’m pretty sure Nim claimed to have a befriend ability, anybody confirmed to have gotten a message?

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: September 11, 2022, 05:22:48 pm »

I reread the game but not super critically and only really focused on Maximum Spin, hector13, and Knightwing64. For the most part nothing I came across points to any of these players being teamed with each other. hector13 complaining to Maximum Spin about super secret unclaimed abilities on Day 2 comes the closest to being an unnatural team interaction, but I could just as easily see it as being genuine as well so it's a wash either way. Knightwing64 has interactions with Maximum Spin and hector13 but for the most part Knightwing64 just acts confused most of the time and there isn't really anything to read into there.

I don't have any objections to hector13's play on reread. Maximum Spin's justifications for his votes on FoU and NJW2000 feels a bit artificial and a little disingenuous given what we know now on Day 3 although a lot of this suspicion is motivated by being forced to suspect him due to the game not being over yet. Knightwing64 feels weakest of the three. I think Knightwing64 voting me is the first time Knightwing64 has actually voted during this game. Although this is marginally higher effort Knightwing64 than self-destructing Knightwing64 the actions he's taken so far feel more like checking off boxes than genuine. There's also just something about Knightwing64's reasoning for selecting his befriend targets that's been rubbing me the wrong way. Does it make sense for Knightwing64 to pick TricMagic and ToonyMan? ToonyMan on N2 makes sense at least. Knightwing64's town self-destructions are powered by a powerful need to be read as town but an inability for people to read him that way. Does he select TricMagic on N1 instead of somebody who could even more powerfully advocate for him, like a ToonyMan or a Maximum Spin? Is TricMagic really who he picks on N1?

After my reread of the game, I feel like the likely teams I'm facing are:

Knightwing64
Maximum Spin/hector13 but only because if it's not Knightwing64 then it's probably Maximum Spin but he'd have to have a partner and I don't think he teams up well with Knightwing64

And then after that all the remaining combinations are less and less probable.

In terms of testing the remaining possibilities, I think it starts with Knightwing64.

After that, if it's solo scum hector13, then he has to deal with Maximum Spin's revive and the revive Maximum Spin gave me so he's not in a great spot to win in the event of a Knightwing64 mislynch. If it's duo scum hector13/Maximum Spin then I lose the game and everybody wishes ToonyMan were here instead of me since he probably would've clutched it out. If it's somehow solo scum Maximum Spin then he kills hector13 in the night and then it's mostly down to a game of chance favoring Maximum Spin with coinflip lynches and whether Maximum Spin's ability gives me more revives or not.

Oh shit, I got so distracted by Jim's post that I forgot to say this important thing, though.

I believe I was the mafiakill target, not ToonyMan. My "middle" ability that I hadn't claimed makes me twins with ToonyMan. You can see this entry under "passive evasion" in the generator.

I didn't receive one of my own gifts so I have to assume there's another one floating around. I quested last night; I didn't receive a new power (there's only a 1-in-3 chance) but I would have been untargetable.

This also implies that, if Knightwing really did befriend ToonyMan, it should have hit me and he should have been told his action failed. Knightwing, were you?
I received an ability in the night about being a twin with Toony soooo… unless Jim was lying about what he received D2, Max’s claim is certainly possible.

Unless hector13 and Maximum Spin are on the same team and the twins thing is a lie Maximum Spin could not have performed the kill here. So I think I scratch off Maximum Spin as a potential target to vote today. Also he has revives so eliminating Maximum Spin will be difficult.

So yeah. Max can’t be solo scum since the OP says if an action requires a target it can’t be self-targeting, unless specified otherwise.

I think I only choose between Jim and KW today?

How many scum do you think there are left in the game? Is it a duo or solo scum?

On the other hand, If I did have a kill action, why would I claim to have visited them when they turn up dead?

Because if you claimed to target a living player then they should have gotten your alignment whispered into their ear and you'd have to explain why that didn't happen since you were busy nightkilling someone else.

Well, I already suspected Jim, so that doesn’t do much for me. I’m pretty sure Nim claimed to have a befriend ability, anybody confirmed to have gotten a message?

TricMagic is the only person who could have received my message but he died on the night he would have received it.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: September 11, 2022, 05:52:05 pm »

I honestly don’t know how many scum there are. According to the OP scum win when they are the only players left alive so it’s not impossible for a 2 on 2 to be what’s going on.

You and Max having claimed revives is also a little problematical. If either of you are scum, then it’s much harder for the town. If you’re both scum, town have probably lost. Considering the latter, it’s harder for me to believe you’re both on the same team, ‘cause you could just claim and get it over with.

So yeah. That makes me feel if there’s a team, it’s Jim/KW or Max/KW. Jim or KW could be solo scum though, so it’s not quite so simple. I mean if Jim is solo scum and we take out KW, I get NK’d and then it basically comes down to a dice roll that town would have to win twice. It would be funny, but probably anticlimactic.

If KW is solo scum, assuming he also doesn’t have a revive, town win on D4, even if Jim is mis-eliminated today because he revives.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: September 11, 2022, 06:11:17 pm »

Hector, if it were Knightwing and I, there's no way I don't claim to have received Knightwing's alignment whisper. I literally just had the perfectly opportunity to do it in a way that doesn't even look like we planned it since he claims he targeted Toony. I would have just said that I DIDN'T quest.

Jim, I checked already, and getting more copies of the revive doesn't give you more revives because they all still say "first". It IS still possible for me to get an extra revive by questing, though, since it can also say "first two times".

Between the two of you, I townread Jim over hector. I'm happy to admit that I've been going off gut reads this whole time and not making "strong cases", and that those gut reads have been really unhelpful because all the surviving players seemed townie. That whole thing where people lay out a list of a player's posts and explain how each thing is town or scum just isn't easy for me, it's not really how I think. For example, at first I had written just here that I don't see why hector would kill ToonyMan, who townread him most of all, but then I remembered he would have had to try to kill me, so duh. Although, actually, I guess the person who would most want to kill me as scum would be Jim, since you already got your revive and don't want anyone else getting one, but I could also see Knightwing just wanting to get me out of the way and not thinking about the gift so much. I don't really know how scum hector would respond in that situation, but maybe he sees me clearly not wanting to vote out Jim and decides he has to get one or the other of us out of the way? Jim, I suppose, would also know I would revive, and would probably not choose me as the kill target unless he planned to lynch me the next day too, but I guess that could have been the plan originally that was sidetracked when Toony died instead. It's difficult to be sure.

Overall, I am still willing to vote for Knightwing, but I admit that it's partly because, if it IS one of you, let alone both, I feel like you deserve it at this point and I'd rather get on with it. :P

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: September 11, 2022, 06:12:42 pm »

Damn.

Am I just naturally suspicious?

Maybe one day I’ll die from being mafia killed and not just voted out, I can already tell I’m being lynched. I’m not a very good debater on the internet, but when I turn out to be town, and the whole game you guys didn’t lynch a single mafia or third party member, I will laugh at you.

Now that I think about it, even if there is only one third party/mafia member each, that still means like half of us are anti town.

Might be why I’m being pushed, cough cough

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: September 11, 2022, 06:14:44 pm »

It’s always Jim that does it, fucking Jimmy boy, the slim Jim, the Jim who misses a limb

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: September 11, 2022, 06:17:57 pm »

It’s always Jim that does it, fucking Jimmy boy, the slim Jim, the Jim who misses a limb
Look, if you can convince me that it's Jim, I'll vote Jim. At the very least then it will be down to chance.

That does mean we'll need to vote him out again tomorrow, though.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: September 11, 2022, 06:19:13 pm »

Oh yeah, that reminds me. Jim: Knightwing voted you at like the beginning of the day. If it were me and Hector, why has there still been a rest of the day? :P

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: September 11, 2022, 06:28:07 pm »

Nobody is even voting KW and they’re freaked over being eliminated. Is that genuine frustration, or scum getting panicky?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: September 11, 2022, 06:28:54 pm »

A genuine question to the other two players, I might add. I don’t know, KW posts a bit too little for me to read him well.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: September 11, 2022, 06:29:43 pm »

Nobody is even voting KW and they’re freaked over being eliminated. Is that genuine frustration, or scum getting panicky?
I have no idea. He's done both before.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: September 11, 2022, 06:33:33 pm »

Look, if you can convince me that it's Jim, I'll vote Jim. At the very least then it will be down to chance.

That does mean we'll need to vote him out again tomorrow, though.

REASONS FOR WHY JIM IS A SUSSY IMPOSTER

Claimed befriend action, no people actually confirming to have received a befriend message. (Neither have I, but at least I provided a somewhat believable explanation.)

Wants to vote me, a townie.

Both people he voted turned out to be town.

Hammered a townie D1.

Full of lies

Obviously suspicious

Trying way too hard to look non suspicious

Outed probable mafia partner after accusing me as a afterthought, probably trying to make it seem like, they aren’t working together. (I believe it to be a duo mafia game, Jim/Max to be exact.)

Only ability claimed is befriend, no people claiming to be befriended, probable kill ability which got used on a unknown which got attracted to Tric.

I thin Jim is lying about the twin thing to make me more suspicious, as if it is not true, it makes everything make sense. N1 I targeted Tric with befriend, who died. N2 I targeted Toony, who died. Jim claims to be a Twin with Toony, in which case he would’ve gotten the message, but I believe him to be lying about being a secret twin in order to get a easy last lynch off to win the game.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: September 11, 2022, 06:35:13 pm »

I don’t want to loseeeeeeeeeeee again, I just want a town win for once in my life.

So, mostly frustration.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: September 11, 2022, 06:37:56 pm »

Telling me that I'm scum with Jim is not convincing me to vote Jim.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: September 11, 2022, 06:39:30 pm »

Telling me that I'm scum with Jim is not convincing me to vote Jim.

Ignore that part then. It would do a ways to convince me that you aren’t part of a scum team with Jim if you actually vote Jim.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26