Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 54

Author Topic: Beginner BYOR Mafia 3 - Game Over - Et tu, Egan?  (Read 23407 times)

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner BYOR Mafia 3 (6 / 9) - Day 3 - Replacement Still Needed
« Reply #690 on: August 15, 2022, 09:34:30 pm »

If you believe I'm scum, you must also believe Egan roleblocked me and destroyed my killing actions last night. Why, in that case, would I be the right lynch target?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: August 15, 2022, 09:37:09 pm »

If you believe I'm scum, you must also believe Egan roleblocked me and destroyed my killing actions last night. Why, in that case, would I be the right lynch target?
Because you attempted to quickhammer Jim Groovester.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: August 15, 2022, 09:40:38 pm »

To me? that means nothing. I had to ask FoU some details about the mafiakill in relation to my 1-shot, and the very reason that it can delay said 1-shot is also why what you just said doesn't matter.

The mafiakill is factional. It is not "possessed" by a player, and is simply "accessible" to them. As such it does not count towards "your" abilities, and so even though "your" killing abilities might not be available, the factional mafiakill still is.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: August 15, 2022, 09:48:53 pm »

... in what universe?
Who's the fourth vote that never showed up in that hypothetical? Doesn't this:
Darn, I was gonna flaunt how I could hammer with my totally real partner there. Lousy cooking distracting me.
go both ways, or does sarcasm only apply to you?
Or to put it in stronger terms, if I attempted to quickhammer Jim Groovester, why didn't it happen?

I'm trying to think about who you could validly pair me with here. Jim, okay, fine, yes, I probably would put my partner at -1 as a gambit if I thought it'd work to make you back off, but who else? Roden, like you told Jim? That seems to be the only other answer that fits your argument. Roden wasn't there when that happened! If I were in a scumchat with him, I'd have to know that I couldn't have hammered then. I guess you can always imagine that you were just quick enough to save the day and foil the plan, but that's your own ego talking: you did exactly what I wanted.

Finally, why on earth does scum Spin go to so much effort to get town Jim off the hook? Why would I bother posting excerpts from neighborchat in that case? I'd want you to look at Jim first in that case.

To me? that means nothing. I had to ask FoU some details about the mafiakill in relation to my 1-shot, and the very reason that it can delay said 1-shot is also why what you just said doesn't matter.

The mafiakill is factional. It is not "possessed" by a player, and is simply "accessible" to them. As such it does not count towards "your" abilities, and so even though "your" killing abilities might not be available, the factional mafiakill still is.
Oh. Okay, what's even the point of Egan's power in that case? Just a red herring? Nobody's claimed any town kills.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: August 15, 2022, 09:49:35 pm »

Um, hello? Tric has a kill and so do I?

Literally the one-shot that I was just talking about is a town kill.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: August 15, 2022, 09:53:10 pm »

Here, i'll summarize it for you:
what it does is it progressively disables your abilities one-by-one as you use them, including autos.
once all your abilities are disabled, you die at the end of the next day, after the lynch.
It cannot disable the factional mafiakill.
and sadly, if the final mafia has been inflicted with it and is about to die from it, but someone else is lynched at LYLO, then the mafia win in the fractional milisecond between when the lynch happens and the kill happens.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: August 15, 2022, 09:58:33 pm »

There's a lot of reasons to vote you, but I'll give you why I think you are the better execution. The others might have different ideas, so you might need to ask them.

The first, and most obvious answer, is that there are three of you remaining in the PoE: You, Jim Groovester, and Roden. Roden has a lot of Actions that can be confirmed, but the two of you are the only ones backing up your Actions. This, in itself, is not a bad thing, but it means that you both need to find the scum among the three. Neither of you went after each other, and neither of you went after Roden. It doesn't look right.
The second, and less obvious answer, is that Jim Groovester can be confirmed slightly. There's a lot that can be done because he claimed having a protect. This means that he'll have to claim protecting me. For me, this will likely end up killing me, and he'll claim that Roden has an Ability that goes through kills. It's a bit of a lose-lose for him. You can think I'm mean for setting up a frame job on Jim Groovester as Town, but I'll have too many votes to keep alive.
The third is that I think that while Roden is bull-headed, he's mostly confirmed for every Night.
The fourth is that Night 1, you were roleblocked, but claimed to have not been. No kill happened that Night.
The fifth is that your reading of Knightwing64 was wrong. I trust you're a lot better at reading Knightwing64, even better than me. I think you misread Knightwing64 far too hard.

That's my top five reasons for going after you over Jim Groovester. I think this works better for me because it sets Jim Groovester up to fail, since I have a ~99% chance of being the Mafiakill Tonight. That seems a little unfair, but it's the only thing I can do while I'm alive!

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: August 15, 2022, 10:11:40 pm »

... in what universe?
Who's the fourth vote that never showed up in that hypothetical? Doesn't this:
Darn, I was gonna flaunt how I could hammer with my totally real partner there. Lousy cooking distracting me.
go both ways, or does sarcasm only apply to you?
Or to put it in stronger terms, if I attempted to quickhammer Jim Groovester, why didn't it happen?

I'm trying to think about who you could validly pair me with here. Jim, okay, fine, yes, I probably would put my partner at -1 as a gambit if I thought it'd work to make you back off, but who else? Roden, like you told Jim? That seems to be the only other answer that fits your argument. Roden wasn't there when that happened! If I were in a scumchat with him, I'd have to know that I couldn't have hammered then. I guess you can always imagine that you were just quick enough to save the day and foil the plan, but that's your own ego talking: you did exactly what I wanted.
Max, why, at that time, were you willing to rule out a Lenglon/Webaddict scumteam?

I was online at that very time, your action was setting ME up to be able to quickhammer Jim, by your own logic. Why did you trust ME and my constant posting to not quickhammer him?

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: August 15, 2022, 10:12:21 pm »

Or even a simpler: Why were you 100% certain that I was not scum at the time you put Jim at Hammer -1?

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: August 15, 2022, 10:13:30 pm »

I don't even have to be paired with Web there. It could be Lenglon/Roden. Or just simply Lenglon/Anyone-that-isn't-Jim.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #700 on: August 15, 2022, 10:16:58 pm »

Paranoid brain would like to amend my earlier statement, it's still web/leng and they're playing with their food. Clearly.

Anyways, Max.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: August 15, 2022, 10:26:27 pm »

Max, why, at that time, were you willing to rule out a Lenglon/Webaddict scumteam?

I was online at that very time, your action was setting ME up to be able to quickhammer Jim, by your own logic. Why did you trust ME and my constant posting to not quickhammer him?
Or even a simpler: Why were you 100% certain that I was not scum at the time you put Jim at Hammer -1?
I don't even have to be paired with Web there. It could be Lenglon/Roden. Or just simply Lenglon/Anyone-that-isn't-Jim.
I wasn't. I just don't generally think scum are dumb enough to quickhammer in a night-based game. I was literally interested in disputing and disproving web's whole premise.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: August 15, 2022, 10:38:18 pm »

You knowing put Jim at Hammer -1, while I was actively there and posting, at MYLO, because you were sure I wouldn't just win the game there and then assuming that I'm scum?

Really?

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: August 15, 2022, 11:56:34 pm »

Web, again, please pay very close attention to what I gave you last night when you are sending in your action for the night. If you are careful with your action it will very much help tomorrow. I am currently concerned that I wasn't specific enough at the time. My request to you is not at all the same as my request to Roden, and there is a reason for that.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: August 16, 2022, 02:47:25 am »

You knowing put Jim at Hammer -1, while I was actively there and posting, at MYLO, because you were sure I wouldn't just win the game there and then assuming that I'm scum?

Really?
It wouldn't win you the game there and then, you'd still have to kill in the night.
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 54