Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 54

Author Topic: Beginner BYOR Mafia 3 - Game Over - Et tu, Egan?  (Read 23495 times)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner BYOR Mafia 3 (6 / 9) - Day 3 - Replacement Still Needed
« Reply #510 on: August 15, 2022, 09:34:13 am »

Lenglon, I enjoy your purple text, but it's hard to read in Darkling. I assume that is what you were gonna ask.
sounds like my text didn't have the formatting tags go through properly, because I used Itallic mediumorchid which shows much better on darkling than purple. mediumorchid isn't on the colors dropdown so it's a common mistake when people try to copy my speech color.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: August 15, 2022, 09:34:42 am »

I slept terribly last night and feel ill enough to take the day off work. If you want shit from me in a timely manner make it quick because my head has an appointment with a pillow.

My role is 'the role that is a vanilla townie role except' and I'm leaving off the rest of the role name.

I have several one shots and an auto.

A three shot protect,
a two shot track,
and a one shot ability to add a vote.
The auto has some utility if I am dead.

On N0 and N1 I tracked Roden. On N2 I used the vote ability on Shakerag.

I also received Maximum Spin's upgrade. On N1 and N2 I coordinated with Maximum Spin to upgrade the vote ability. The vote ability gained the ability on N1 to disable one of the target's powers (an upgrade over only being able to do that while dead), and on N2 it was improved to persist an additional day if the target uses the additional vote to hammer. On N2 I did not elect to disable one of Shakerag's powers.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: August 15, 2022, 09:40:19 am »

One sec.
My role is 'the role that is a vanilla townie role except' and I'm leaving off the rest of the role name.
I've had this in the back of my mind for the whole game.
Ok everyone is pussyfooting around, so let's see about breaking this game.

I'm immune to night kill actions from Shakeragian roles.  The fact that my roles states this specifically probably implies:

1) Shakeragian roles (outside of myself) are scum
2) There are a mix of town and scum roles that are both Shakeragian and have killing abilities
3) There are just town roles with killing abilities that are also Shakeragian.  I think this is the least likely.
Does anyone else wish to claim a Shakeragian role? Mine, as I said, is not. No dead player but Shakerag has had one.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: August 15, 2022, 09:41:27 am »

(I also note that Shakerag's roleflip shows that the statement about being immune was not, at least at that time, true.)

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: August 15, 2022, 09:44:37 am »

I don't really want to play this game right now since I feel terrible, but if I had to pick somebody to be scum I'd start with Roden. Roden has barely done anything and I'm not even sure Roden expressed a suspicion on Day 2.

When I'm more able to play that's where I'll be starting.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: August 15, 2022, 09:45:16 am »

Lenglon, I enjoy your purple text, but it's hard to read in Darkling. I assume that is what you were gonna ask.
sounds like my text didn't have the formatting tags go through properly, because I used Itallic mediumorchid which shows much better on darkling than purple. mediumorchid isn't on the colors dropdown so it's a common mistake when people try to copy my speech color.
Well shit, it IS mediumorchid... I DIDN'T know that was a color and I just said purple because... well, purple is pretty close. It is also italicized, but that didn't stand out to me because I just assumed that was FoU formatting, but... that's my bad.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: August 15, 2022, 09:50:15 am »

Time's up. See you later maybe.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: August 15, 2022, 09:55:42 am »

Fou: if a track is used on a player A, and player A targets players B and C with a single action, and A is redirected from C to B, such that B is now targeted twice by that single action, does the track see A visit B once or twice?
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: August 15, 2022, 10:11:40 am »

The claim I was waiting on was Web's - messaging you when you're already diseased gives me extra info about your actions that night.

Web performed a Single action last night, and it was fully successful.

I was hoping someone would claim to have received a message from Web, becuase that would sllow us to confirm Web as town. Alternately Web might claim to have been blocked, action failed, or no actioned, all of which would make Web caught out as scum.
The only people who could claim that are Shakerag and Roden.

It's entirely possible that Roden received the message and used that as smokescreen for his Action last Night, if you want to believe in the Jim/Roden theory. But, I can't prove that did or didn't happen, since the consequences of my Actions being multi-targeted are that I'm only able to prove them on willing participants, of which a scum player... probably isn't.

If I had to bet money, it's Jim/Max, though, since Roden's Actions on Day 1 don't signify a team for Jim/Roden. At least, not to me, but who knows how true that is.

It's also entirely possible that Max is Roleblock immune and that Jim Groovester tried to kill Shakerag N1, only to find out that Shakerag was immune to kills from him. I can't say for certain, but the only logical call here is that Jim Groovester is scum. There's no one else that CAN be scum, and Max's diehard defense of Jim Groovester is solid reasoning for them being the team. And if Max is going for the Roleblock defense, then Max probably killed Shakerag and Jim did something else unprovable.

One sec.
I've had this in the back of my mind for the whole game.
Ok everyone is pussyfooting around, so let's see about breaking this game.

I'm immune to night kill actions from Shakeragian roles.  The fact that my roles states this specifically probably implies:

1) Shakeragian roles (outside of myself) are scum
2) There are a mix of town and scum roles that are both Shakeragian and have killing abilities
3) There are just town roles with killing abilities that are also Shakeragian.  I think this is the least likely.
Does anyone else wish to claim a Shakeragian role? Mine, as I said, is not. No dead player but Shakerag has had one.
The real issue I wanted here was for Jim Groovester to vote someone, since I think he'd be up for defending Maximum Spin on this one, but he's too waffley to vote, but yes, I've been keeping that noted down for a while. I know I'm not Shakeragian.

Since he didn't, I'm assuming he's going to wait until he can hammer to do anything. Mostly, I want the two of you to prove people are Town, or else I will.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: August 15, 2022, 10:19:48 am »

Alright, everyone (though, mostly just Egan/Lenglon (plus anyone else that's willing to participate)), how much do you trust me? I have a way to prove myself Town (or at least narrow the field of viable team candidates), but it involves just... the tiniest amount of trust in what I'm about to do. It will also mean that I 100% die Tonight, but that's honestly probably for the best.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: August 15, 2022, 10:22:17 am »

Alright, everyone (though, mostly just Egan/Lenglon (plus anyone else that's willing to participate)), how much do you trust me? I have a way to prove myself Town (or at least narrow the field of viable team candidates), but it involves just... the tiniest amount of trust in what I'm about to do. It will also mean that I 100% die Tonight, but that's honestly probably for the best.
I wouldn't say I trust you, but I'm deeply curious what you're about to pull out and willing to take part.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: August 15, 2022, 10:24:16 am »

My role is not Shakeragian in the slightest. I am S.H.A.M.E.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: August 15, 2022, 10:29:31 am »

Web, I am completely willing to let you disable my abilities. especially if you can pick which one it is, and pick my auto, the top one on my ability list.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: August 15, 2022, 10:43:59 am »

Oh, and really quick, the reason why Shake said I am similar to a poisoner has to do with my 1-shot, which I am still holding on to, and have not found a good way to use. Figured I'd put that out there now so that nobody freaks out about it. Lets just say that I can make someone who has visited me have a very bad, eventually fatal, experience, if I so choose. The problem with it is I can't find a way for it to work properly against mafia, because they can delay its effects using the mafiakill. That is without question the most suspicious part of my role.

If web disables my auto, it has a way to not stay disabled.
if web disables my message ability, I can simply use my 1-shot insteaed.
if web disables my 1-shot, then nothing of value is lost.

this is why it is completely fine for Web to disable abilities of mine.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: August 15, 2022, 11:07:31 am »

@Lenglon: I can't disable your Abilities, sadly, as when the Day ends, you automatically no buy (Though you may certainly test that by sending a buy request to FoU if you believe I am lying.)

I have a different ace up my sleeve that Egan probably saw and why I am more likely to be Town and also why I am going to die Tonight.

The question I have is if I prove it's Max/Jim (The risky option) or just safely prove it's Jim and let Lenglon deal with Max vs Roden Tomorrow. Up to y'all!
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 54