Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 54

Author Topic: Beginner BYOR Mafia 3 - Game Over - Et tu, Egan?  (Read 23535 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner BYOR Mafia 3 (6 / 9) - Day 3 - Replacement Still Needed
« Reply #495 on: August 15, 2022, 08:47:28 am »

Then claim what Jim did.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: August 15, 2022, 08:52:18 am »

Then claim what Jim did.
He told me he was going to target Shakerag with an ability to give him an extra vote. Then Shakerag would have a copy of the vote-giving ability to use next night, and be able to confirm Jim's action.
I planned to upgrade that same action so that Jim and Shakerag, who would hopefully have identically-named actions (since my upgrade takes effect last), would both get the upgrade and be able to confirm my action. (I confirmed with Fallacy that this is what would happen in that case.)

This plan obviously fell apart. I assume the upgrade didn't happen since I was roleblocked, so my currency was wasted and I probably won't be able to afford to do anything tonight unless someone visits one of us more.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: August 15, 2022, 08:58:19 am »

Okay.

Given that, why are you so sure it's not Jim Groovester? I could understand it not being you, but how can you be sure it's not Jim Groovester?

Why haven't you claimed your entire role yet? Why have you claimed Jim Groovester's entire role yet? You're just vaguely alluding to it still.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: August 15, 2022, 09:06:44 am »

Okay.

Given that, why are you so sure it's not Jim Groovester? I could understand it not being you, but how can you be sure it's not Jim Groovester?

Why haven't you claimed your entire role yet? Why have you claimed Jim Groovester's entire role yet? You're just vaguely alluding to it still.
In reverse order... I don't know Jim's entire role. I know a few things. One thing I promised not to share. Two things you already know about (tracking and vote-giving). Technically, I don't know that anything he told me is true, but he probably does have the vote-giving ability because I've used upgrade on it twice and currency was deducted. But I don't know if I'd even be told if it didn't exist, since currency was even deducted when I was roleblocked.

I did claim my entire role. Is there a specific question you still have? Just to run some stuff down really quick: I don't know what the upgrades do, they're random and "minor"; I get currency ("Gold") when visited and every day by idle gains; the protect and anti-redirect addon cost more but are pretty bland and there's nothing more to say about them except that I forgot to mention I can use the upgrade on them to give them more shots (they're 1-shot initially). But since I've never had either and probably never will it doesn't matter.

I'm not sure it's not Jim Groovester. I'm less sure now that it isn't Jim Groovester than I was at any point before. I left some pointed questions in my playerchat to this effect. Jim Groovester is, in fact, one of the people it would be in the "another possibility" I mentioned in the previous post. BUT. If it is Jim, why on earth would he tell me he was targeting Shakerag, and then kill Shakerag? That seems... just obviously silly.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: August 15, 2022, 09:09:24 am »

Let me add: How sure are you that it is Jim, if it's not also me? Is that something you find believable? I thought Jim and I were your only viable pairing.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: August 15, 2022, 09:17:31 am »

The claim I was waiting on was Web's - messaging you when you're already diseased gives me extra info about your actions that night.

Web performed a Single action last night, and it was fully successful.

I was hoping someone would claim to have received a message from Web, becuase that would sllow us to confirm Web as town. Alternately Web might claim to have been blocked, action failed, or no actioned, all of which would make Web caught out as scum.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: August 15, 2022, 09:18:06 am »

Oh, and nobody at all visited me last night.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: August 15, 2022, 09:20:03 am »

*day 3 starts in the middle of the night*

WHERE JIM

WHY JIM NOT POSTING

Calm the fuck down, geez.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: August 15, 2022, 09:21:36 am »

Okay, Jim just told me he got my upgrade.

That means that, whatever Egan did, it can't have been roleblocking me.

That means that it's probably Egan and webadict.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: August 15, 2022, 09:23:00 am »

Literally, the most unexplained thing about N1 is how I got redirected to you. I mean, from your perspective, you'd have to think Jim Groovester/one of Roden/Lenglon is the most likely team, with Roden being the MOST likely to be teammates.

Lenglon just doesn't make sense to be scum. Lenglon has their Action covered for each of N0, N1, and N2. Roden, however, doesn't, and the only person truly confirming Roden is, well, Jim Groovester. Combined with the oddity of my targeting you instead of Roden on N1, I'm still lost how you could think that Lenglon is correct here? Roden's Action is also covered for most of N0, N1, and N2. I'm actually pretty sure that Shakerag would Magnet me, since he thought I was suspicious, even though he missed all the answers to every question he asked me and I was pretty much dead tired so I didn't want to track down the answer a second time.

It's just weird that Jim Groovester is still on your Town list when every single one of his Actions involves Roden or dead Townie Shakerag. Like... Jim targeted Shakerag, who died? That's... super suspicious to me.
It's weird that you thought Knightwing was suspicious when you're really good at reading him. I wasn't entirely convinced, but I gave you the benefit of the doubt because it cleared up several possibilities.
It's weird that you were roleblocked by a confirmed Roleblocker on N1 when no kill happened.
It's weird that said roleblocker can't be redirected by Abilities on a Night where my Action was redirected.
It's weird that Jim Groovester hasn't really done anything at all. So, I'm left sitting here thinking that you have to be kinda crazy to think it's Lenglon/Roden instead of Jim Groovester/Roden.

Like, these are things that make it look like you're scum, and aren't being addressed by you or Jim. And you immediately voted Lenglon without waiting for Jim to claim what happened.

It's just... so scummy?

Let me add: How sure are you that it is Jim, if it's not also me? Is that something you find believable? I thought Jim and I were your only viable pairing.
You are (though I'm really gauging how well Jim/Roden works for you), but I'm going from your perspective here. You've seen how my Ability works, you saw that I was probably redirected some way, and Egan_BW has backed me up. So, in your mind, I see two possible team pairings: Web/Egan or Jim/Roden. Lenglon has been backed up by both Shakerag and me, and was Roleblocked on N0 by Knightwing. So, all of those are accounted for. Her Action is done. I'll note that I have the same fears about Lenglon's role as Shakerag probably did, but that's not as big of a concern right now. That seems like the extent of her entire role, which seems pretty balanced game-wise.

Egan_BW is confirmed in my mind by Shakerag's death.
Lenglon's Action is confirmed by me, Shakerag, and Knightwing.
Roden is technically suspicious here, but his N1 Action is confirmed by Shakerag and his N0 Action is confirmed by me. His N2 Action actually does make some sense, so it's not worth thinking about yet.
Jim Groovester's N2 Action is unaccounted for.
Your Action is based on Jim Groovester.
My Action is the one that can't be accounted for unless you trust Egan_BW, but I'm not sure if he learned my role or my Action last Night, so I can't be sure how much he knows.

All I'm saying is that it's almost entirely likely to be Jim Groovester and you.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: August 15, 2022, 09:23:34 am »

Oh, right, Egan has the double action thing, so it could also be Egan and someone else, and Egan is telling the truth about web being town for towncred.
I should just vote Egan. Sorry about that, didn't think it all the way through.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: August 15, 2022, 09:26:46 am »

That's TWO roleblockers that you say haven't roleblocked you.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: August 15, 2022, 09:30:07 am »

Literally, the most unexplained thing about N1 is how I got redirected to you. I mean, from your perspective, you'd have to think Jim Groovester/one of Roden/Lenglon is the most likely team, with Roden being the MOST likely to be teammates.
Yes. If it's Jim, it'd be Jim and Roden. That's what I was hinting at. Look at your action list: if you cross off the "Jim targeted Roden" and "Roden used Glass Lens" lines, and just swap me and Roden directly, it works out and Roden would have been roleblocked with the kill.
And yes, I didn't see that until you posted the list.

Look, I'm more confident than you are in my own ability to read someone in a neighbor chat, obviously. I voted Lenglon because Lenglon's struck me as odd the whole game, as Jim and I have actually discussed a few times, and the process of elimination based on assuming Egan was telling the truth left what I said behind.
I don't care about mechanical solving by action economy, in the clinch of it, because that can easily go wrong in god knows what way, as it has many times on this very forum. If it comes down to "the action economy says I'm scum, but I know I'm town", then obviously I'm just going to discard it as obviously wrong.

Egan_BW is confirmed in my mind by Shakerag's death.
Can you explain why this is?

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: August 15, 2022, 09:31:22 am »

That's TWO roleblockers that you say haven't roleblocked you.
This time, I did get told I was roleblocked, so it's not really the same thing.

I only have Jim's word that he got the upgrade.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: August 15, 2022, 09:32:19 am »

Okay, look, web. Give me your best case that Egan's town and Jim's been tricking me, and I'll switch.
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 54