Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 54

Author Topic: Beginner BYOR Mafia 3 - Game Over - Et tu, Egan?  (Read 23629 times)

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner BYOR Mafia 3 (8 / 9) - Day 2 - Mysteries Afoot
« Reply #405 on: August 13, 2022, 06:53:51 pm »

Sorry if that wasn’t clear

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: August 13, 2022, 06:56:34 pm »

What's hammer?  4?  Tempted to self vote to draw out scum then
I mean, it'd be pretty funny if you did and Roden hammered again, but maybe let's not.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: August 13, 2022, 06:56:41 pm »

FoU Votecount plz

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: August 13, 2022, 06:59:35 pm »

What's hammer?  4?  Tempted to self vote to draw out scum then
I mean, it'd be pretty funny if you did and Roden hammered again, but maybe let's not.
Also, it should still be 5 — ⌊8/2⌋+1. So we'd need Lenglon to join in first to fully recapitulate d1.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: August 13, 2022, 07:04:47 pm »

Could we please not ? Thank you.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: August 13, 2022, 07:12:33 pm »

Has anything truly changed here?

Perhaps something is brewing and bubbling under the apparent placidity of this mysterious day.

The pressure of time always pushes towards great and immediate action, however.

FoU Votecount plz

Quote from: Votecount
(0) Knightwing64:
(0) webadict:
(0) Lenglon:
(0) Roden:
(2) Shakerag: Maximum Spin, webadict
(0) Egan_BW:
(0) Maximum Spin:
(0) Jim Groovester:

(6) Not Voting: Knightwing64, Lenglon, Roden, Shakerag, Egan_BW, Jim Groovester

5 votes on a single player will hammer and immediately end the Day. Stop talking if this occurs.
If the deadline is reached, whoever has the most votes on them will be executed, but you all (other than the executed player) may continue talking until the moderator has arrived to resolve the execution.

Day 2 ends on 9 PM Central time, Sunday, or slightly more than one day from now.

Replace?

If you'd like I can put up a replacement notice. I'd just like to get confirmation.
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: August 13, 2022, 07:16:50 pm »

I did get a notification that I can use 2 actions on N2, presumably from Shakerag using Seed of Hope on me as one of his two actions.

Didn't claim it because Shake didn't, and having two actions would paint a blocking target on me.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: August 13, 2022, 07:21:40 pm »

I did get a notification that I can use 2 actions on N2, presumably from Shakerag using Seed of Hope on me as one of his two actions.

Didn't claim it because Shake didn't, and having two actions would paint a blocking target on me.
? What?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: August 13, 2022, 07:27:04 pm »

Hm, maybe the triple switch isn't fully correct. Maybe it is Knightwing/Egan_BW. I wonder why there wouldn't be a kill then?

I wish so many people didn't claim/lie this game, it'd make things a bit easier.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: August 13, 2022, 07:31:29 pm »

You realize that whatever mechanical conundrum you're seeing, the likely answer is "random exceptional role bullshit"? Not that I really understand or care what happened which leads to the idea of a triple switch.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: August 13, 2022, 07:37:05 pm »

Hm, maybe the triple switch isn't fully correct. Maybe it is Knightwing/Egan_BW. I wonder why there wouldn't be a kill then?

I wish so many people didn't claim/lie this game, it'd make things a bit easier.
If you're not feeling confident, I'm going to go ahead and unvote. I'm still game for deals, but Jim is also asking me to change, and I don't want to be involved in a hammer if one should materialize while I'm not looking.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: August 13, 2022, 07:40:04 pm »

Jim is also asking me to change
Ok, he takes issue with that phrasing. He's not asking me to change, but he's not convinced it was the right idea. Either way, I think unvoting for now is the right thing to do.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: August 13, 2022, 07:41:57 pm »

I don't understand why we're ignoring the simple fact that either Knightwing or the person targeted by Knightwing is a liar. The only way this makes sense is if Knightwing either is scum or blocked scum. Doesn't mean the maf had to have attempted a nightkill, for all I know they intentionally no-killed. But we've been able to verify from a third party that every single person made an action last night except Egan and Knightwing himself. I also am very much not a fan of lynching Shakerag. We're going to get an inspect result on him from Roden based on the Glass Lens.

Seriously, I just don't get what the point of lynching Shake here and now is.

As a reminder:

Knightwing64: Unverified action. Claims to have roleblocked Max
webadict: Claimed to have messaged Lenglon and Roden, Messages received by Lenglon and Max. Double-verified
Lenglon: Claimed to have messaged Shakerag, Confirmed by Shakerag. Also knows visits, and was visited by Web
Roden: Claims to have Glass Lens on Lenglon, Redirected by Shakerag, Tracked by Jim, and action copied by Shakerag. Double-verified.
Shakerag: Claims 2 Actions:
     Action 1: Redirect Roden to Shakerag, Verified by Jim Tracking Roden
     Action 2: gift double-action to Egan, Verified By Egan
Egan_BW: Unverified action. Claims to have delayed roleblocked Roden, and action failed.
Maximum Spin: Claims to have gifted Jim, Verified by Jim
Jim Groovester: Claims to have Tracked Roden, Verified by Max in private chat.

Assuming Roden liar, double-action necessary because double-verified.
Assuming webaddict liar, double-action necessary because double-verified.

Assuming Shakerag liar, Egan scum AND double-action known and used.

Assuming Lenglon liar, Shakerag scum.
Assuming Max liar, Jim scum.
Assuming Jim liar, Max scum.

Assuming Knightwing liar, any scumpartner because unverified.
Assuming Egan liar, any scumpartner because unverified.

And this is all assuming that a mafia-controlled redirect redirected knightwing's roleblock to the mafia themselves.

Seriously, who does that? Who, as mafia, redirects the KNOWN ROLEBLOCKER into THEIR OWN TEAM?
I guess that's an argument for Drunkrag mafia but still wtf.
But who claims to have roleblocked someone as mafia, and then not actually roleblock them?

I know it's bad form but I'm still looping back to the same position I had earlier in the day: It's a 2 for 1, lynch Max, then if town Lynch Knightwing and Jim becomes Confirmed, and If scum Lynch Jim and Knightwing becomes Confirmed.

As a reminder, there was one unclaimed redirect N0, sending Roden into Web instead of Tric.
And there was one unclaimed redirect N1, sending Web into me and Max instead of me and Roden, if we assume that Max is simply a liar.

Does anyone have any additional insight into this?
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: August 13, 2022, 07:55:52 pm »

Um, I’m town

That’s my insight

Pls don’t vote me

I roleblocked Lenglon N0 and roleblocked? Max N1?

Smart people figure out what happened

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: August 13, 2022, 07:56:11 pm »

Oh, and real quick, Shake, I know you think you got nothing good in your 1-shot collection. Please remember that you can use what you got from me to see who killed me if I'm mafiakilled.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 54