Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 54

Author Topic: Beginner BYOR Mafia 3 - Game Over - Et tu, Egan?  (Read 23584 times)

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner BYOR Mafia 3 (8 / 9) - Day 2 - Mysteries Afoot
« Reply #375 on: August 13, 2022, 06:13:26 pm »

Fuck you!
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: August 13, 2022, 06:13:55 pm »

I'm still waffling if web and lenglon are bold enough scum to play footsies in the open. 

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: August 13, 2022, 06:16:55 pm »

I mean ok, wubba got a lazy vote, but now I want to hear Max's justification for a vote on me.  Mind you, I appreciate it, but put a bit more meat behind it for me, would you?

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: August 13, 2022, 06:17:10 pm »

Shake, you are correct that my fullclaim is suspicious. That's part of why I gave you the full, complete, including role and ability names, not a single detail left out, claim, on N1. It is a role that can catch scum if they don't know how it works, but is also a role that if I claim it under pressure I should be lynched for having. You are incorrect about a number of the details of it, but I don't really want to correct you in public. Just please pay very close attention to when certain things happen and you should be able to correct your misunderstandings. It is quite complex, I just happen to enjoy complexity and am comfortable with the role as a whole.

Jim, thank you.

Jim and web both: what are your thoughts on a Knighting / Roden scumteam?

Shake, is being Shakeragian a Status or an Auto?
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: August 13, 2022, 06:18:44 pm »

Shake, is being Shakeragian a Status or an Auto?

Excellent question.  Lemme figure out.

mmm.  I think it's an auto.  At least, -atlast-, it was for me.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: August 13, 2022, 06:19:51 pm »

And I lost the auto last night.  So either it's tied to an auto (at least for me) or the mod fucked up

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: August 13, 2022, 06:21:25 pm »

So Web had a ability stolen from them by Roden N0, and you had an ability stolen from you N1, after you claimed immunity to kills?
Roden

I am not hunting for scum as a pair, but I  do think I know why the mafia chose to no-kill last night, having gotten the above information.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: August 13, 2022, 06:22:35 pm »

So Web had a ability stolen from them by Roden N0, and you had an ability stolen from you N1, after you claimed immunity to kills?
Roden

I am not hunting for scum as a pair, but I  do think I know why the mafia chose to no-kill last night, having gotten the above information.

No, not correct.  Ability was not stolen, it was -spent-.  And that had nothing to do with kills.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: August 13, 2022, 06:24:32 pm »

Do I have to claim this?  Shit ok. 

The ability I got from Roden on N1 can be used on N2 to reveal your alignment to a person.  Why tf would scum have an ability that reveals your alignment?

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: August 13, 2022, 06:24:54 pm »

Oh?
My apologies then.
[/color=red]Unvote[/color]
If I'm wrong then I'm wrong.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: August 13, 2022, 06:25:51 pm »

well that's a typo.
In case anyone was wondering, I type my formatting tags manually most of the time. normally I'd edit that.
Unvote

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: August 13, 2022, 06:26:01 pm »

Literally that's why I was like "oh yeah Roden is totes town"

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: August 13, 2022, 06:27:13 pm »

I don't think either of them have meaningfully interacted with each other? It's not impossible.

Knightwing64 has only really seemed to care about his (attempted) roleblock on Maximum Spin and has barely cared about anything else.

There's not much evidence to tie the two together because of Knightwing64's limited and focused activity.

Do I have to claim this?  Shit ok. 

The ability I got from Roden on N1 can be used on N2 to reveal your alignment to a person.  Why tf would scum have an ability that reveals your alignment?

But Roden got that ability from TricMagic. That's not alignment indicative for Roden.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: August 13, 2022, 06:29:23 pm »

wait, what was that shit about glass lens, because I got an ability called that last night/  Or did I mention that alread?
Hmm... Okay, Shakerag, I'll play that game! If it's Lenglon, then let's work backwards from there.

I targeted Roden/Lenglon => Actioned Maximum Spin and (Lenglon/?)
Jim targeted Roden => Tracked (Roden/?) to Shakerag
Max gifted Jim => Unmodified
Shakerag magneted Roden => ? redirected to Shakerag
Shakerag gifted Egan_BW => ?
Knightwing64 roleblocked Maximum Spin => ? was roleblocked
Egan_BW action failed
Lenglon messaged Shakerag => Unmodified
Roden used Glass Lens on Lenglon => Roden used Glass Lens on Shakerag

This is our list of confirmed Actions. This means we're missing something:
There's a few Actions that are incorrect. My targets, Roden's targets, Egan_BW's action, and Knightwing's action.
If Maximum Spin was roleblocked, then Jim and Max are both in agreement that that didn't happen, and Knightwing is scum.

Knightwing / Roden? Possible, but very improbable. That involves Knightwing, our only confirmed roleblocker, having done something that wasn't a roleblock. Basically, there needs to be a non-kill somewhere. A lot of my assumptions are on something stopping the kill, but it's far more likely if Knightwing is scum that you are scum, since you have, well, disease-related abilities, and that'd be something that feels very Mafiakill-esque.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 54