Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 54

Author Topic: Beginner BYOR Mafia 3 - Game Over - Et tu, Egan?  (Read 23670 times)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner BYOR Mafia 3 (8 / 9) - Day 2 - Mysteries Afoot
« Reply #345 on: August 13, 2022, 04:29:22 pm »

Plus, the interpretation stands: Shakerag didn't claim two Actions.
That part is fine. I just needed to point out how Egan was not roleblocked and did not target me, at least one of which should have happened in your theory.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: August 13, 2022, 04:38:50 pm »

Plus, the interpretation stands: Shakerag didn't claim two Actions.
That part is fine. I just needed to point out how Egan was not roleblocked and did not target me, at least one of which should have happened in your theory.
Shakerag had two Actions last Night, and without knowing his role entirely, there's no way to know for sure that Egan_BW wasn't hit by something that Shakerag did. Maybe he could cause someone that targeted him the previous Night to fail? I can't say, but I can confirm that

By virtue of how Mafia works, two of the players are lying. Shakerag and Roden are entirely possible to have manipulated Egan_BW's action to make it fail.

No one claimed the triple switch, so we can be sure that it was either me or Shakerag unless you think I'm lying, and I KNOW I targeted Roden and you, so this is easy for me to think about.

Roden has been caught lying multiple times. Shakerag has been caught not fully claiming. Personally, that's enough evidence for me, but I'm always ready to slam the accelerator and bet everything on 00.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: August 13, 2022, 05:08:21 pm »

A simpler explanation web is you were hit by a target randomizer, and knightwing hit double-actioning scum, of which the non-mafiakill was unblockable. Which is why I asked my question to Jim of how much he trusts Max.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: August 13, 2022, 05:17:40 pm »

To answer your question Lenglon, I’m guessing your auto alerts you when somebody visits you or something?

I didn’t visit you, I targeted you. That’s my auto, I don’t visit my target for a roleblock, it just happens

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: August 13, 2022, 05:19:23 pm »

On the subject of redirects and impersonations. Shake, when I messaged you, I used colored text. Was it colored when you received it? If so, please be aware I will be using the same very specific color for all messages I send as a form of signature.

Correct knightwing. Thank you.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: August 13, 2022, 05:28:33 pm »

A simpler explanation web is you were hit by a target randomizer,
Who would've done this in your scenario? Isn't Egan the only one with a claim outstanding? Or do you think there are two double-acting scum? I don't quite believe that.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: August 13, 2022, 05:30:41 pm »

Web, do you want me to vote Shakerag or Roden? Let's make a deal.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: August 13, 2022, 05:31:31 pm »

I have reason to believe that at least one scum can double-action. I don't find it a stretch to think both can.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: August 13, 2022, 05:39:31 pm »

I have reason to believe that at least one scum can double-action. I don't find it a stretch to think both can.
It seems way too overpowered for a beginner game. Certainly, if that's the case, I would feel that my own role is too weak. I can't do anything just for myself.

Well, of course, you're suggesting that I might be one of the double-actors, so that's not an argument that's going to work for you, right? That's fair, but I still don't believe there are two double-acting scum in this game, and I'm not even convinced there's one. Wouldn't it be easier to imagine that the mafia just... no-killed? I'd consider no-killing in a game like this - I did consider it back in the last one.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: August 13, 2022, 05:46:18 pm »

A simpler explanation web is you were hit by a target randomizer, and knightwing hit double-actioning scum, of which the non-mafiakill was unblockable. Which is why I asked my question to Jim of how much he trusts Max.
If Max is scum, then Jim is scum. There are no other likely pairs. Max and Jim are connected too heavily through the entire game. I cannot make a viable pair of anyone except those two.

And I did examine that. The possibility that it's Jim and Max is probably around 2%, equivalent to the chance that I was specifically randomized to both you and Max, as well as factoring in how Max and Jim would defend each other openly, AND relying entirely only on mechanical analysis, which ignores Roden's lying and Shakerag's failure to fully claim. The chances of a Roden/Shakerag team are around 75%, where the next possible teams are Roden/Egan_BW and Shakerag/Egan_BW at about 15% and 3%, respectively, since Knightwing has been proven to have a roleblock, and thus Shakerag/Egan_BW seems... unlikely.

Web, do you want me to vote Shakerag or Roden? Let's make a deal.
A deal you say? Sure. I'm willing to target whoever you want (I have only my selling Action as an active choice, but I do have one Auto ability that... Well, it's not a big deal what it does yet), and we can both vote Roden or Shakerag, your choice (I'm technically equally sure on both.) I'm willing to not execute, but I would like to force Roden to claim, since he's refused so far, and he immediately didn't buy on Day 1 when he found out Tric had an Ability disabled, so Roden sounds like his role is strong. Shakerag also hasn't claimed, but I believe he was the one that triple bussed.

I agree. You know who had two Actions last Night? Shakerag.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: August 13, 2022, 05:49:21 pm »

It's highly possible mafia intentionally no-killed, yes.
It still leaves me bothered by the fate of knightwing's roleblock.
It is possible he got RB'd + a false success message. But that is pretty bastardy and I wouldn't expect it here any more than two double-acting scum.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: August 13, 2022, 05:51:47 pm »

A deal you say? Sure. I'm willing to target whoever you want (I have only my selling Action as an active choice, but I do have one Auto ability that... Well, it's not a big deal what it does yet), and we can both vote Roden or Shakerag, your choice (I'm technically equally sure on both.) I'm willing to not execute, but I would like to force Roden to claim, since he's refused so far, and he immediately didn't buy on Day 1 when he found out Tric had an Ability disabled, so Roden sounds like his role is strong. Shakerag also hasn't claimed, but I believe he was the one that triple bussed.
Between the two, Shakerag seems more dangerous. I... think you should target Jim, since your action doesn't seem harmful, and visiting Jim triggers a good thing in my role. I want to get his consent on that, though.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: August 13, 2022, 05:55:48 pm »

I want to get his consent on that, though.
He says he's okay with it.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: August 13, 2022, 05:56:40 pm »

Between the two, Shakerag seems more dangerous.
Uh, sorry to triple-post (still not beating Drunkerag), but I should've said Shakerag there.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: August 13, 2022, 05:57:10 pm »

Works for me. I'll choose Jim and someone random, and I'll list who I targeted in my message.

Shakerag.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 54