Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 54

Author Topic: Beginner BYOR Mafia 3 - Game Over - Et tu, Egan?  (Read 23691 times)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner BYOR Mafia 3 (8 / 9) - Day 2 - Mysteries Afoot
« Reply #270 on: August 12, 2022, 09:45:35 pm »

Also what was the message that was intended for me? It seems important enough that Lenglon wanted to cooperate with me today despite our argument yesterday.
Don't overestimate how important our argument was yesterday. It was mostly arguing theory, and meant about as much as any other semi-random D1 push. There's a reason I completely dropped it when Tric's godfather-nature got highlighted and I haven't bothered picking it back up, to me it didn't actually matter that much. The most valuable thing it was doing was creating a talking point for later. I do find it interesting that you weren't at all interested in starting it back up yourself though. Was it as unimportant to you as it was to me?
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: August 12, 2022, 10:15:40 pm »

Also Web, is there any particular reason why you're downplaying the ability I stole as "manipulate actions randomly"? It specifically says you can remove the "evil" passive but then randomize who they target that night. It's also a free action, so it can even be done at night along with another action, can't be blocked, and it can be assumed that the player affected doesn't know if it happens. Like yes it's random but it's not just random. I think an undetectable randomized Redirect that can't be traced back to the user is pretty manipulative?
Well, let's start at the beginning:
First, you're blind. It's a free Action... DURING THE DAY (BECAUSE MULTIPLE PEOPLE CAN BUY, SURPRISE SURPRISE.) Please re-read it and tell me it's not so that I can execute you and feel better for just how plainly angry you make me.
Second, it randomizes people. I have no control over who gets targeted by it. My other known Ability is that I randomly disable and learn on of the targets Abilities. That's ALSO a free Action, and ALSO a Day Action.
Third, the Status I give to people does nothing. It's just a flavorful way of showing you bought something.
Fourth, I don't have that Ability anymore, but even if I did, a one-shot Disable/Learn is a much better tool.
Fifth, my ONLY NIGHT Action is 100% known, unless you want to claim I can Multitask, but, frankly, everyone will always believe that, and if that's the case, why didn't I just straight up murder someone last Night if I did OH WAIT, BECAUSE I WASN'T ROLEBLOCKED AND WHY IS EVERYTHING COVERED IN BILE AND BLOOD???
No you know what, sixth, if I was Mafia, I'd have a better role than that, oh my god, it hurts when I break my fingers on my keyboard aghhhhhh

Also what was the message that was intended for me? It seems important enough that Lenglon wanted to cooperate with me today despite our argument yesterday.
It mostly called you a moron for wasting time Yesterday (as well as Today) and Hammering, and that if you continued to go after Lenglon, I'd be really, really mad. I had assumed you had gotten that message specifically because you had stopped, but no.

I'm still tempted to just go after you anyway because you're legitimately wrong on everything you do, and you're refusing to acknowledge it.

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: August 12, 2022, 10:22:56 pm »

Don't overestimate how important our argument was yesterday. It was mostly arguing theory, and meant about as much as any other semi-random D1 push. There's a reason I completely dropped it when Tric's godfather-nature got highlighted and I haven't bothered picking it back up, to me it didn't actually matter that much. The most valuable thing it was doing was creating a talking point for later. I do find it interesting that you weren't at all interested in starting it back up yourself though. Was it as unimportant to you as it was to me?
I thought I had a Cop check on you so I figured it didn't matter anymore. Obviously that isn't the case anymore, but I thought your reaction to being told you got Cop checked was townie. I also think scum!you could've easily come out swinging for my head today and not look scummy for it, not doing so feels anti-opportunistic.

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: August 12, 2022, 10:39:37 pm »

Web you can stop trying to throw your weight around, thanks. No one's executing the confirmed Cop claim that was cleared from committing a kill.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: August 12, 2022, 10:47:54 pm »

Web you can stop trying to throw your weight around, thanks. No one's executing the confirmed Cop claim that was cleared from committing a kill.
Sorry, illiterate Cops are useless to me. #ACAB

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: August 12, 2022, 10:50:58 pm »

@FoU: Can a redirect be roleblocked, or does the redirect act faster than the roleblock can block it?
If a roleblocker blocked a redirector, the redirector would be blocked.

If a redirector redirected a roleblocker, the roleblocker would be redirected.

If they simultaneously acted on each other (the roleblocker blocks the redirector and the redirector redirects the roleblocker to a third player), the roleblocker would take precedence.

The play continues! The noble players all together speak with spite and confusion, insight and contortion.

A vote takes shape, as it must. As it should, as is right.

It seems only one player has a propose foe in mind - is that an oddity? Or the norm, when bedazzled with such mystery?

Quote from: Votecount
(0) Knightwing64:
(0) webadict:
(0) Lenglon:
(1) Roden: webadict
(0) Shakerag:
(0) Egan_BW:
(0) Maximum Spin:
(0) Jim Groovester:

(7) Not Voting: Knightwing64, Lenglon, Roden, Shakerag, Egan_BW, Maximum Spin, Jim Groovester

5 votes on a single player will hammer and immediately end the Day. Stop talking if this occurs.
If the deadline is reached, whoever has the most votes on them will be executed, but you all (other than the executed player) may continue talking until the moderator has arrived to resolve the execution.

Day 2 will end 9 PM Central time Sunday - which is to say in a little less than 2 days from now.
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: August 12, 2022, 10:57:47 pm »

Well, I'm bored, clueless, and habitually unassertive. We're mostly in action claiming land which I can't wrap my head around or participate in much.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: August 12, 2022, 11:03:46 pm »

Wow, look at me, how could I ever counter that one--it's still possible that you were roleblocked--oh wow, that was easy.

In your own mind, you're cleared because you're not factoring in enough external factors that other people have to do for you, and the unfortunate part about that is that it means you're probably Town. I'd unvote you because I know you're not scum, but I frankly don't care if you're executed because you're actually potentially more useful dead than alive, which is a whole thing.

Literally, nearly everything you have done is astoundingly wrong, and you still haven't admitted it. That's all I really want, petty as that is.

Personally, I'm in favor of voting No Execution, since we're still at an even number, but, let's say "for the lulz" we could always just vote out Roden anyway!~ It'd probably be wrong, but... in the end, wouldn't it be so right?

Well, I'm bored, clueless, and habitually unassertive. We're mostly in action claiming land which I can't wrap my head around or participate in much.
Why shouldn't we vote you out?

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: August 12, 2022, 11:06:34 pm »

So... Roden got roleblocked?

I'm super duper drunk af right now but Roden did not get roleblocked. 

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: August 12, 2022, 11:09:08 pm »

you dumb slut I said I redirected Roden to me on N1. 

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: August 12, 2022, 11:12:03 pm »

Well, there goes that ability. Thank's Webadict.

Apparently accepting it ended up giving me the Status Effect Released Evil. Which immediately got used to disable my auto. Decent news at least, since it would have painted anyone I targeted as mafia for that night. But it also made me immune to framejobs.

... All in all, a positive so long as one doesn't trust results blindly. But also a note there may be frames here.
Web can you explain how Tric came to the conclusion that the auto was a negative status effect if it actually isn't?

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: August 12, 2022, 11:12:49 pm »

you dumb slut I said I redirected Roden to me on N1.
I use d pmyh power
MU{OWER

AND i targereted Roden because I didn't like the hammer, but I targetered them and redirectied them to ME

so I got a thing

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: August 12, 2022, 11:13:08 pm »

Wow, look at me, how could I ever counter that one--it's still possible that you were roleblocked--oh wow, that was easy.

In your own mind, you're cleared because you're not factoring in enough external factors that other people have to do for you, and the unfortunate part about that is that it means you're probably Town. I'd unvote you because I know you're not scum, but I frankly don't care if you're executed because you're actually potentially more useful dead than alive, which is a whole thing.

Literally, nearly everything you have done is astoundingly wrong, and you still haven't admitted it. That's all I really want, petty as that is.

Personally, I'm in favor of voting No Execution, since we're still at an even number, but, let's say "for the lulz" we could always just vote out Roden anyway!~ It'd probably be wrong, but... in the end, wouldn't it be so right?

Why shouldn't we vote you out?
I was literally seen visiting my someone, I can't be roleblocked

Holy shit

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: August 12, 2022, 11:14:07 pm »

I thought your reaction to being told you got Cop checked was townie.
My reaction to being told I was cop checked was to tell you that I hadn't been cop checked (and if it said scum then it was clearly redirected to someone that's not me). In what world would Scum!Lenglon do anything different? Why didn't you push me for that?

Wow this is a weird argument to have.

What? That isn't.... Roden, you aren't confirmed, you didn't claim cop (instead claiming to have been gifted a 1-shot alignment inspect), and you aren't cleared from a kill when for all we know the scum chose to no-kill.

((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: August 12, 2022, 11:14:50 pm »

Web I'd love for you to explain the pro town beneficial reason for killing the confirmed Cop before they actually receive results
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 54