Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 54

Author Topic: Beginner BYOR Mafia 3 - Game Over - Et tu, Egan?  (Read 23606 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner BYOR Mafia 3 (8 / 9) - Day 2 - Mysteries Afoot
« Reply #240 on: August 12, 2022, 03:33:36 pm »

That ensures that I wasn't blocked, as you wouldn't've gotten the message if I was.

So, I was either redirected to Lenglon (why?) or Roden was bussed with someone, possibly me (which... Does make sense, since FoU usually makes Actions self-targeting through resolution fail) or Egan_BW, I suppose. Anyone that got my message would've immediately known that. It's also possible someone can steal messages... We could test it by having Roden respond to FoU with a buy message.

@FoU: If an Action self-targets through redirection or bussing, does it fail if it could not normally self-target? What happens to multiple target Actions? Can someone steal messages?

But, again, none of this is really all that concerning.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: August 12, 2022, 03:46:03 pm »

So uh, yeah, about that.

I was waiting to hear back from FoU as to whether it was supposed to be sent to me, or a mistake.

Me "just because", right?

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: August 12, 2022, 03:49:14 pm »

Ur not gonna comment about the roleblock? Mr: giftsender

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: August 12, 2022, 03:51:13 pm »

Ur not gonna comment about the roleblock? Mr: giftsender
I wasn't roleblocked, friendo. I admit the only person who can confirm that is Jim, but it would be pretty silly for us to be doing this as a scumteam.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: August 12, 2022, 03:58:38 pm »

So... Roden got roleblocked?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: August 12, 2022, 04:02:41 pm »

Actually, Maximum Spin can confirm they got my message:

I put a name down twice, whose was it?

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: August 12, 2022, 04:08:29 pm »

Knightwing. Totally thought that was weird.

But, uh, Roden can't possibly have been bussed with me? Because Jim and Shakerag targeted him?? I definitely didn't get redirected to Shakerag. In fact, I just checked, Jim shared his track result with me before Shakerag claimed the redirection in the thread, so he didn't fake it.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: August 12, 2022, 04:17:01 pm »

Knightwing. Totally thought that was weird.

But, uh, Roden can't possibly have been bussed with me? Because Jim and Shakerag targeted him?? I definitely didn't get redirected to Shakerag. In fact, I just checked, Jim shared his track result with me before Shakerag claimed the redirection in the thread, so he didn't fake it.
Yeah, making mistakes on purpose to verify my message was... uh... on purpose!

You're right, though, that doesn't make full sense. It can't be a standard bus, but I definitely targeted Roden.

Regardless, you didn't get roleblocked and you did get my message, so something screwy happened. I'm willing to accept that you're not Mafia for now.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: August 12, 2022, 04:35:26 pm »

@FoU: If an Action self-targets through redirection or bussing, does it fail if it could not normally self-target? What happens to multiple target Actions? Can someone steal messages?
By default, if an action is redirected or bussed to its own user, it still takes effect. Unless specified otherwise in the redirection ability, if a multiple target action is redirected, one of the intended targets will be changed, selected at random, though specific implementations of redirection could do things differently. A bus, by contrast, would change whichever target or targets landed on a bussed player while leaving the targets not aimed at a bussed player alone. I'd be open to a discussion about this after the game, but it's what I'm working with for now, for a lack of better ideas.

And yes, if a messaging action was redirected, the message would appropriately be sent to the action's new target.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2022, 04:40:09 pm by FallacyofUrist »
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: August 12, 2022, 04:38:28 pm »

Max, would you want one of your Abilities disabled and learned by me?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: August 12, 2022, 04:44:14 pm »

What are the chances of me being mafia directly after

2/9

Also, Egan, Where are you?

Slacking. Also sleeping and working, but I've been on the computer for a bit. Need to gather my focus before I check the thread and clear my unreads.

Egan, were you roleblocked last night?

Action failed, targeting Roden. Because the hammer made me feel uncomfortable with them.
"Action failed" was the exact wording, I dunno if it's different for roleblocks.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: August 12, 2022, 04:47:24 pm »

Max, would you want one of your Abilities disabled and learned by me?
Not really. I need my abilities to do my role thing. It would inconvenience Jim, anyway.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: August 12, 2022, 05:02:31 pm »

If Jim didn't want to be inconvenienced, he shouldn't've been so gosh darn suspicious.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: August 12, 2022, 05:26:22 pm »

Egan, were you roleblocked last night?
Action failed, targeting Roden. Because the hammer made me feel uncomfortable with them.
"Action failed" was the exact wording, I dunno if it's different for roleblocks.
It is different for roleblocks.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: August 12, 2022, 05:28:29 pm »

@FoU: what happens if a roleblock is redirected to the user of the roleblock?
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 54