Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 54

Author Topic: Beginner BYOR Mafia 3 - Game Over - Et tu, Egan?  (Read 23678 times)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner BYOR Mafia 3 (9 / 9) - Day 1 - Opening Act
« Reply #150 on: August 10, 2022, 06:55:55 pm »

confirmed that at this time Web's vote is the only one on Tric.

Well, there's two on them now.

I personally think Tric is claiming their role 100% accurately. I also think that it's an unclaimed miller with a ton of killing power, and is much more likely to be a godfather, as Web has said.

by the by, Web, if this is what buying from you does, I'd actually be willing to do it tomorrow if I get the chance.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: August 10, 2022, 06:57:45 pm »

To MS, it does absolutely nothing. Which makes me think it's a charge-type scenario. Webadict just triggered it immediately. Good for removing the first ability in your list I suppose. Not going to be taking that 'bargain' again though.

Trying to investigate me mechanically would have done absolutely nothing if I was mafia. I actively resisted being labeled as mafia before. Now not so much.
Was mostly worried people knowing my true name could do something. Hence not coming out and saying the second part straight out. I already alluded to the first with my Fairies comment.

You sure you didn't send those messages webadict? And nope, will not do so. Deal with it, and any presents I give. I've got a very nice pair of Glass Slippers for you, or maybe a Glass Dress?

Joking at the moment, good dramatic timing at least. :P

You still have to ask why I accepted such a shady deal in the first place though. And who my partner is.

Nin. I'm not someone who investigates as mafia, so what? For all intents I could have used it if it came up to reveal info and shatter claims in half. At which point I'd likely be lynched, but eh. Mafia would be revealed by that. In ever other scenario, it's a plus.

Buy now Lenglon! You know you want to. Mostly cause I have good reason to see you flip.

... Well, to be fair, not a much of one given I'm almost certainly getting roleblocked tonight.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: August 10, 2022, 07:01:10 pm »

I personally think Tric is claiming their role 100% accurately. I also think that it's an unclaimed miller with a ton of killing power, and is much more likely to be a godfather, as Web has said.

by the by, Web, if this is what buying from you does, I'd actually be willing to do it tomorrow if I get the chance.
Technically, I have a couple things I can do when my Evils are bought (And also when they aren't, but that's a whole other thing.)

I do have a limit on the number of times I can sell, however, so every time someone buys from me, that's one less usage.

I also think TricMagic would've 100% claimed being Alignment Immune as well as making people Miller as Town. Because that's what Town!Tric does in, like, every game ever.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: August 10, 2022, 07:01:47 pm »

Then this puts TricMagic at h-2. I guess we'll see what happens now.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: August 10, 2022, 07:02:34 pm »

Can't really play games huh? Old classic inspiration, 3 gifts to give. And not much else I can do, all of them are cursed through and through. Oh well, time ticks forward, the Tricking hour falls to you.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: August 10, 2022, 07:03:26 pm »

(Can't actually get out of this mess, sadly. Way to go webadict. Hope you enjoy the flip.)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: August 10, 2022, 07:04:08 pm »

To MS, it does absolutely nothing. Which makes me think it's a charge-type scenario. Webadict just triggered it immediately. Good for removing the first ability in your list I suppose. Not going to be taking that 'bargain' again though.

Trying to investigate me mechanically would have done absolutely nothing if I was mafia. I actively resisted being labeled as mafia before. Now not so much.
Was mostly worried people knowing my true name could do something. Hence not coming out and saying the second part straight out. I already alluded to the first with my Fairies comment.

You sure you didn't send those messages webadict? And nope, will not do so. Deal with it, and any presents I give. I've got a very nice pair of Glass Slippers for you, or maybe a Glass Dress?

Joking at the moment, good dramatic timing at least. :P

You still have to ask why I accepted such a shady deal in the first place though. And who my partner is.

Nin. I'm not someone who investigates as mafia, so what? For all intents I could have used it if it came up to reveal info and shatter claims in half. At which point I'd likely be lynched, but eh. Mafia would be revealed by that. In ever other scenario, it's a plus.

Buy now Lenglon! You know you want to. Mostly cause I have good reason to see you flip.

... Well, to be fair, not a much of one given I'm almost certainly getting roleblocked tonight.
I'm not going to be voting Lenglon Today, so if you want to make me unvote you, pick a better target.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: August 10, 2022, 07:04:46 pm »

Can't really play games huh? Old classic inspiration, 3 gifts to give. And not much else I can do, all of them are cursed through and through. Oh well, time ticks forward, the Tricking hour falls to you.
(Can't actually get out of this mess, sadly. Way to go webadict. Hope you enjoy the flip.)

Alright.

I'm around. I can hammer. Anybody else have anything to say?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: August 10, 2022, 07:05:09 pm »

TricMagic

I'll figure Lenglon out tomorrow.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: August 10, 2022, 07:05:19 pm »

I'll never not be confused by everybody else's roles in these games, I swear.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: August 10, 2022, 07:05:49 pm »

post deweted  ::)
« Last Edit: August 10, 2022, 07:10:24 pm by webadict »

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: August 10, 2022, 07:06:15 pm »

« Last Edit: August 10, 2022, 07:10:13 pm by Jim Groovester »
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: August 10, 2022, 07:07:24 pm »

Stop, hammertime. If you posted after hammer, please edit your post to '.' or 'Post deleted.' or something similarly nonconsequential, as stated in the OP's rules. Do not post further until Day 2.

You may save your post text and repost it on Day 2 if you value whatever point you made.

Now excuse me as I process the execution.

It's a story told many times before. A fool is caught out, assumptions are made. The die is cast.

But haste makes waste, as they say. The players have caught their traitor.

The traitor, resigned, casts themselves into oblivion.

Quote from: Votecount
(0) Knightwing64:
(0) webadict:
(5) TricMagic: webadict, Lenglon, Maximum Spin, TricMagic, Roden
(0) Lenglon:
(0) Roden:
(0) Shakerag:
(0) Egan_BW:
(0) Maximum Spin:
(0) Jim Groovester:

(4) Not Voting: Knightwing64, Shakerag, Egan_BW, Jim Groovester

5 votes on a single player will hammer and immediately end the Day. Stop talking if this occurs.
If the deadline is reached, whoever has the most votes on them will be executed, but you all (other than the executed player) may continue talking until the moderator has arrived to resolve the execution.

It's a story told many times before... look at him fall! So beautiful in death.

Pockets full of sand spill into bloody glass dust. The special effects are excellent - all credit to the players.

Some stories never get old. Some stories are always retold. And now it seems...

TricMagic was town.

Haste has made waste. Let us pull back TricMagic's mask! Let us pull back their curtain, their costume, and reveal the entity inside!

TricMagic's role was Fairy Godfather.

Fairy Godfather(town):
(Disabled, Auto) Mob Boss: Your fae connections in the police ensure alignment inspections on you always return Town, and anyone you visit will always alignment inspect as Mafia the Night you visit them.
(Night) Spinning Sand Into Glass [target]: You grant your target a boon - choose one of Glass Slippers, Glass Lens and Glass Dress. That ability becomes theirs. You may only grant each ability once.
-(Info) (Auto) Glass Slippers: Your steps are silent and graceful - you cannot be roleblocked, but track abilities used on you will only show you visiting nobody.
-(Info) (1-Shot, Night) Glass Lens [target]: You peer through a lens of truth - you learn your target’s alignment at the end of the next Day. While you possess this ability, the truth is bent, so investigative abilities you possess other than this one will fail when used. Fortunately, after this ability is used, it is destroyed.
-(Info) (1-Shot, Auto) Glass Dress: Your self is armored in soft folds of resilient glass - you can survive one kill used on you. However, the beauty of the gleaming glass forces all alignment inspection used on you to return a result of Town while you possess this ability.
(1-Shot, Night) Midnight [target]: Midnight strikes, and all Glass abilities your target possesses are destroyed. If they possessed only one Glass ability at the start of the Night this ability was used, you also shoot them with a poisonous dart, causing them to gain the “Poison” status. This ability counts as a kill action.
-(Info) (Status) Poison: You will die at the end of this Day, after the execution! Your blood curdles in your veins. After you die to this effect this status is removed.

The players look upon what they have done, and cry with rage, shed tears of sorrow, or hide glad, vicious smiles. This is what they have wrought.

And now the curtain calls, and pulls close as the lights once again turn to dark.

What an excellent story so far! There may be a lesson to be learned here.

Perhaps so.

It is now Night 1. Night 1 will end in 24 hours time, at 7:30 PM, Central time, or when I have received all actions and have the time to process them. Please send in your actions or lack thereof promptly, and perhaps the Night will be over sooner.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2022, 07:31:35 pm by FallacyofUrist »
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner BYOR Mafia 3 (8 / 9) - Night 1 - A Classic Tragedy
« Reply #163 on: August 11, 2022, 06:37:10 pm »

Processing Night actions. No further adjustments may be made.
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner BYOR Mafia 3 (8 / 9) - Day 2 - Mysteries Afoot
« Reply #164 on: August 11, 2022, 08:57:42 pm »

The eight somewhat less merry masked players return from their sojourn, stepping into the fresh daylight.

The stage lights will do well enough as an imitation for that.

Look at how they shine!

And it seems... nobody else has fallen. What miracle is this?

That may change soon enough.

Quote from: Votecount
(0) Knightwing64:
(0) webadict:
(0) Lenglon:
(0) Roden:
(0) Shakerag:
(0) Egan_BW:
(0) Maximum Spin:
(0) Jim Groovester:

(8) Not Voting: Knightwing64, webadict, Lenglon, Roden, Shakerag, Egan_BW, Maximum Spin, Jim Groovester

5 votes on a single player will hammer and immediately end the Day. Stop talking if this occurs.
If the deadline is reached, whoever has the most votes on them will be executed, but you all (other than the executed player) may continue talking until the moderator has arrived to resolve the execution.

It is now Day 2. Day 2 will end 9 PM Central time, in 72 hours - which is to say Sunday. You may now post.

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 54