Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 49

Author Topic: Waterlures - A Capybara Man Fortress & Adventure [DF 0.47.05]  (Read 80119 times)

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Waterlures - A Capybara Man Fortress (Succession Game)
« Reply #90 on: September 15, 2022, 02:33:58 pm »

I demand more capy news!

Sign me up for a turn. I'd be available to take over for someone too, if that smooths out the turn list

brewer bob

• Bay Watcher
  • euphoric due to inebriation
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 15, 2022, 03:11:15 pm »

I demand more capy news!

I'll try to check some Legends stuff tomorrow to satisfy your demands. At least I promised to do a write-up of what happened to Zas the expelled vampire capy, so...
(No promises though - trying to get some personal mod stuff done currently)

Sign me up for a turn. I'd be available to take over for someone too, if that smooths out the turn list

Done. I added you to the end of the list, but if a turn is missed/can't be finished, you can grab the reigns.

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 19, 2022, 12:26:51 am »

Uhh...If someone wants to jump in from the past save, feel free to. I went from having nothing to do to just having my work-load tripled today. So I'm going to be slow going even when I have the motivation.

Seriously apologize - wish I had done more when I had the time before.

brewer bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 19, 2022, 07:59:09 am »

No worries delphonso!

Life happens and spare/DF time is limited for most of us (and DF tends to eat lots of that precious time).

@AvolitionBrit, what's your situation? You'd be next on the list, but if you're busy I can take a turn (a shorter one this time - promise!) or maybe @Salmeuk can switch places?

Also, the option for an adventurer run is still available (and it shouldn't take as long as a fort turn).

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 19, 2022, 02:35:01 pm »

I'm available this week for the next few days. If I hear back from Avolition in the next day or so I can commit to the next turn slot!

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 19, 2022, 02:39:06 pm »

I am able to take my turn, i am chilling most the week so i should be able to get it done in a day or so. Hopefully help keep the pace going, gonna download it now and take a look at the state of affairs.

Edit- Get Avo a splint his right leg is broken. What has happened to the sweet plump.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2022, 03:03:50 pm by AvolitionBrit »
The return of the thin white duke, throwing darts in lovers eyes

Drunken scholar

brewer bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 19, 2022, 04:09:59 pm »

I am able to take my turn, i am chilling most the week so i should be able to get it done in a day or so. Hopefully help keep the pace going, gonna download it now and take a look at the state of affairs.

Edit- Get Avo a splint his right leg is broken. What has happened to the sweet plump.

Nice!

I'm not entirely sure what happened to Avo since I noticed the broken leg only at the end of my turn. But I think the only option really is that when the vampire capy Zas was throwing on of his tantrums he battered the poor mushroom guy. :cry:

Oh, and as a reminder:
keep the population cap at 1 so that we don't get migrants. Also, locations should be citizens/long-term only to avoid/minimize possible future shenanigans if/when we need/decide to bring in more capies with adventure mode.

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 19, 2022, 04:43:55 pm »

Nice!

I'm not entirely sure what happened to Avo since I noticed the broken leg only at the end of my turn. But I think the only option really is that when the vampire capy Zas was throwing on of his tantrums he battered the poor mushroom guy. :cry:

Oh, and as a reminder:
keep the population cap at 1 so that we don't get migrants. Also, locations should be citizens/long-term only to avoid/minimize possible future shenanigans if/when we need/decide to bring in more capies with adventure mode.

No worries, will get a small hospital built fyb by a certain badger woman, yeah that sounds a likely cause. He will be back to smithing in no time plus he is +5 legendary crutch walker ahaha

Yeah no worries, i have a seperate DF for this game to prevent that so should be good. Yeah for sure, plus not artifact thieves

speaking of which i might add 1 capybara just to get the required 20 to have strangemoods trigger naturally and making all citizens capable of strangemoods. As well as tweaking files again, i won't add trances dw. I think Plumphelmets still have them lol

Drunken scholar

brewer bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 19, 2022, 05:06:45 pm »

Adding the moods sounds and 1 more capy sounds good. Will probably make it a bit more interesting. Also, it's fine to keep trances on plump helmet people.

I think after the moods are triggered they should still happen even if moodable population is below twenty? So technically the moods could be removed later from others and moods'd still happen to capies? If not, well doesn't really matter since moods don't happen outside the fort after worldgen (I think?) so we can just leave it on for them all.

Oh, and there should be a hospital next to Yawo's (the mandrill woman) bedroom, but it might be bugged after unretiring (can't remember if I re-designated the zone or not).

But hey, a second hospital doesn't do any harm. Except maybe Yawo might get a bit offended that her clinic isn't good enough.

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: September 19, 2022, 05:38:08 pm »

Ah will just use that one, make some splints if we have none.

Drunken scholar

brewer bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: September 19, 2022, 06:17:57 pm »

Ah will just use that one, make some splints if we have none.

It's also possible that the plump helmet man tissue doesn't have [SETTABLE] and/or [SPLINTABLE], which would explain it not being healed.

...Actually now that I look at the raws, that seems to be the case:

Code: [Select]
[TISSUE:MUSHROOM]
[TISSUE_NAME:plump helmet man tissue:NP]
[TISSUE_MATERIAL:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:PH_TISSUE]
[MUSCULAR]
[FUNCTIONAL]
[STRUCTURAL]
[RELATIVE_THICKNESS:1]
[CONNECTS]
[TISSUE_SHAPE:LAYER]

Feel free to add those to plump helmet men. There's also no healing rate, so maybe a [HEALING_RATE:1000] could be added too. I think without it the tissue doesn't heal?

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: September 19, 2022, 06:22:13 pm »

Wow, I guess that makes sense, poor plump helmets.

Drunken scholar

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: September 20, 2022, 03:36:37 pm »

Journey of the Scholar

An orb of light illuminated the northern road into Fencereined as a small figure slowly marched towards the grand fortress. Serveral human monks parted ways allowing the small figure passage towards the holy sight. As the figure continued her turned to his fairy companion.

"Thank you for guiding me, im not exactly built of the adventurering life" The Capybara man spoke

"It was nothing, besides safety in numbers." The fairy retorted.

"To think i will soon be amongst the greatest scholars The Enchanted Dimensions, immortal beings who have dedicated their life to researching and recording everything" The Cabybara man rejoyced

"Not if you keep heading south, this way" replied the fairy.

"Ah yes, thank you once again" The cabybara man muttered whilst adjusting his papers.

The two quickly passing through the crowd of monks talking by the river almost knocking one of the plump helmet monks towards the ground.

"At least i thought it was"

"Wait theres a book just laying out here... Wickedfamines Questioned who would dump a book out here"

"Over there two more"

"This is awful, the library must have been damaged or.."

"Wheres the fort?"

The two looked around only seeing hills, the naked monks and scattered books

"It was here, ive been here before it should be...."

"somethings wrong here"
dwl
The two climbed up only to find more scattered books and naked monks. The cabybara man stumbled hurriedly towards each and every book. Whilst the fairly looked towards the nude monks atop the hill, one of them was extremely angry.

"Maybe we should leave..."

"No I need to save these books" The Cabybara man subbornly retorted. "I think i see more up there"

The two climbed up futher to discover a large camp site, large white cloth tents billowing in the mild breeze as scholars and nobles walking around lighting fires as monks began throwing out books. The Scholar and nobles were banished, bandits raided the site and over the past few years the library had been hit hard. They begged for their works be be saved. The foolish Cabybara painstakingly stuffed his backback and traveled far south. Carrying some of the greatest books in the world. He arrived traveled day and night before collapsing from exhaustion. His bag exploded sending the great works flying all accross the site. When the cabybara man came too, he knew he couldn't go by his old name, new life new start. He didn't look towards the past, he looked towards the stars.

Edit - Accidently posted this too soon and without screenshots will add them later but not too much different. Also good news, strangemoods are triggerable now, just did a force test and it seems to be working and likely can happen naturally lets see how this year goes :)
« Last Edit: September 20, 2022, 06:10:22 pm by AvolitionBrit »

Drunken scholar

brewer bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: September 20, 2022, 06:47:01 pm »

Ooh, looks like we're getting some books to Waterlures with our newest migrant.

...Also, a fairy.

I'd completely forgotten I made them join civs and be playable. Hope the cats will leave it alone: there's been quite a few fairy remains in the refuse pile, haha.

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: September 20, 2022, 07:08:13 pm »

Ooh, looks like we're getting some books to Waterlures with our newest migrant.

...Also, a fairy.

I'd completely forgotten I made them join civs and be playable. Hope the cats will leave it alone: there's been quite a few fairy remains in the refuse pile, haha.

Some, ummm might of done a tad overboard on he books. But yeah a astrologer Capybara and a singing fairy. Not sure what caused things like fairys to be playable probably the same one that mode talking plump helmet scholars and all the naked monks. Totally not what i was expecting.

0-0

Also retiring the fort had the side effect of two dwarves joining a poet and a prophet. Expelled the prophet no problem but the poet crashes the game when i try to expell them. Gonna send them to some empty site to occupy once i find a place and get rid of them
« Last Edit: September 20, 2022, 07:10:58 pm by AvolitionBrit »

Drunken scholar
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 49