Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 47

Author Topic: Rogue Trader: Laughing Gold (IC)  (Read 40578 times)

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
Re: Rogue Trader: Laughing Gold (IC)
« Reply #525 on: July 22, 2023, 02:23:35 pm »

(Ah, never mind, I misunderstood who you were talking to, as you surely noticed.)
« Last Edit: July 24, 2023, 12:48:56 pm by Maximum Spin »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: July 24, 2023, 12:43:26 pm »

"I will gladly purchase as many blessed peach-based foodstuffs as I can fill the Ark's stores with, though I am also curious if there's any specific training regimen that your men follow aside from basic PT."

++Give Ruori the comms-code and ask him what is this about cutting something in half. I am currently in a chat with the Governor-General.++
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: July 25, 2023, 11:05:58 am »

In case no one takes over the conversation, and assuming a subordinate dutifully shares the comm channel code with Ruori:

++Captain Ruori, what is this talk about cutting something in half I have heard about?++
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: July 25, 2023, 02:59:12 pm »

Huh? Oh, we're onto cloning now.
It's just banter. Distracts the men while they're packing up so they won't have time to get too upset and try something rash when they find out that, you know, the governor's daughter probably plans to stay home.
Also, they like to be able to go into bars and tell stories like 'our captain's so crazy he once threatened to cut a noblewoman in half to secure safe passage out of a system!' That kind of thing really kills it, I guess.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2023, 03:07:01 pm by Maximum Spin »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: July 25, 2023, 03:37:48 pm »

++Try again.++
>Yes?

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: July 27, 2023, 02:14:17 pm »

Ruori smiles with the patience of a man who has already won a technically legitimate victory, having been chosen by the designated arbiter, and knows, or believes, this cannot be taken away from him.
"I don't think he would agree to your violent suggestion. Why don't you just clone her? Everyone whispers that you still have the unholy machine that birthed you around somewhere."

"You are mistaken - I have been having unholy liaisons with the machine that birthed you. I would invite you over to meet her, but we all know how violent you get around family."

"I will gladly purchase as many blessed peach-based foodstuffs as I can fill the Ark's stores with, though I am also curious if there's any specific training regimen that your men follow aside from basic PT."

++Give Ruori the comms-code and ask him what is this about cutting something in half. I am currently in a chat with the Governor-General.++

"We're a fortress world, our men train from birth to become soldiers. Training routines will vary from soldier to soldier but everyone certainly does above and beyond the minimum you would expect from a more peaceful world's PDF forces."
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: July 28, 2023, 03:08:03 pm »

++Get him the comm-bead's code.++
Indaria approaches Captain Ruori
"Ruori"
and pauses a moment to make sure she has his attention.
"Comm code for you."
and gives him the comm code he needs before moving away, having no interest in conversation.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: July 31, 2023, 06:32:00 pm »

"I see. Thanks."
Ruori waves vaguely in Triggvaldr's face. "Okay, I don't care about you anymore. Take whomever you want, I have a call to take."

The preceding conversation ensues.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: August 01, 2023, 04:27:03 am »

++But in all honesty, what are you talking about with Captain Icewhite?++
>Yes?

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: August 02, 2023, 12:11:22 pm »

++But in all honesty, what are you talking about with Captain Icewhite?++
++Oh.
So, the general's daughter, who probably has a name I never bothered to find out, has been engaging in a dalliance with soldiers on both sides of our engagement. You were aware of that, right?
One of my men just asked me whether she's coming with us, so Icewhite and I have sort of been arguing about that. Like I said, realistically, she probably expects to stay home and plot further misdeeds and I assume none of us actually want to antagonize her father, so it's more or less just to put on a show for the men of caring about their highly irresponsible interests. And also because we like arguing.
++

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: August 02, 2023, 09:50:58 pm »

++Ah, I see. As long as no bisections are planned feel free to continue then. I have yet to start my mining operations and would rather we avoid any further complication before we leave the planet. Feel free to bring your men aboard the Ark. There we should toast to your arrival and inform you of our current endeavor.++
>Yes?

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: August 03, 2023, 12:51:39 pm »

++Ah, I see. As long as no bisections are planned feel free to continue then. I have yet to start my mining operations and would rather we avoid any further complication before we leave the planet. Feel free to bring your men aboard the Ark. There we should toast to your arrival and inform you of our current endeavor.++
++Don't worry, I don't even really have access to the technology to do that. I mean, reversibly. The bisecting is obviously the easy part, but not so useful on its own.

And yes, I think we're quite ready to board now.
++

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: August 03, 2023, 01:32:09 pm »

Dig pls

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: August 03, 2023, 03:06:51 pm »

In case we can return some time later to acquire the larger supply, I'd rather get the smaller supply for the command squad. It's just a fear of going 'shit is this my only chance to get this neat thing for the ship/crew?'.

You successfully negotiate with the Governor for a truckload of peach jam, to be placed in the officer's larder and shared among your retinue. Its packaging is an efficient if inelegant single-use sealed pouch meant for MREs, with propaganda and storage instructions printed on the side proving that they are meant for mass consumption rather than being luxuries meant for the leadership's tables. It tastes almost identical to the fresh peaches, and could be eaten as a meal itself if no complimentary food proves readily available.

(-1 Fate Point)
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: August 08, 2023, 03:02:56 pm »

Marco doesn't mind the simplicity. Sure he's son of Dynasty and all, but due to his life particularities, who cares about the peaches being MRE-packaged. They both taste good and are beneficial to the body, what else could a servant of the Emperor ask for? He messages the retinue about the new rations.

Plus, he takes the time to get their new crew member Captain Ruori up to date on their current plans (omitting the part about having to dig up relics from this specific planet, at least for now and until they're done with the work).
>Yes?
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 47