Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 47

Author Topic: Rogue Trader: Laughing Gold (OOC)  (Read 34729 times)

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
Re: Rogue Trader: Laughing Gold (OOC)
« Reply #540 on: August 03, 2023, 12:20:52 am »

Stat bonuses for the whole PC group is a neat idea so if my calculations are correct getting a supply for the command squad should be as much as getting a Digesta Emporia Calixia. If that's correct, then I'll try to get said supply. Though if getting the Crew Rating bonus doesn't require a Best quality supply of peaches I'd like to try that instead, since then the test would be at -10 instead of -40. In either case, I'd like to haggle with Commerce (Eos star amulet bonus applies) and apply a FP to give +10 to the acquisition test (and a FP to re-roll if it fails).

Also any chance we can just up and try to raise our own magical orchard since we're stealing whatever it is that grants their peaches these properties or did the properties end up imbued there from the Worldsoul's continued presence? I mean, Marco will try the peach-farming anyway, I just want to know whether it'll work.

Also: to make things easier if there isn't a more immediately interest third option and we're left with the two we didn't pick last time, I think we should go with the station but go about it the best way: no diplomacy with heretics, we'll see if some light subterfuge and violence does the trick, namely by doing some raids on the sorcerer's enemies to make them think we're either an agent of the sorcerer's or were led by him into attacking them, so they take it out on the bugger. Going for the less-brainy option that allows combat, basically.

They don’t need to be best quality for the rating bonus, you just need to have enough for the whole class.  I’ll write up tomorrow assuming an attempt at purchasing a ship’s worth.

You can try, but I won’t tell you if it will work or not unless you figure it out IC.

I have three more missions ready after you compete this one. All written like a year ago now >_>
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: August 03, 2023, 11:07:06 am »

In case we can return some time later to acquire the larger supply, I'd rather get the smaller supply for the command squad. It's just a fear of going 'shit is this my only chance to get this neat thing for the ship/crew?'.

And that's fair.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: August 06, 2023, 01:27:04 am »

Can we start digging? Not sure what else we have pending aside from maybe delivering the saliva sample to the tech-priestess.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: August 06, 2023, 10:05:26 am »

Can we start digging? Not sure what else we have pending aside from maybe delivering the saliva sample to the tech-priestess.

Do you want to get permission from the Governor first or just move a bunch of heavy equipment in and start digging and see if nobody notices?

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: August 08, 2023, 02:52:35 pm »

I do want to get permission of course, though I though he'd already given it a while ago.
>Yes?

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: August 08, 2023, 09:14:31 pm »

I do want to get permission of course, though I though he'd already given it a while ago.

You specifically asked for permission to dig away from the fortress :v

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: August 14, 2023, 11:01:38 pm »

Everyone is now thoroughly sick of this plot thread, so I’ll probably be writing it to its conclusion tomorrow/when I get to it. Think of what you want to do during the downtime.

Rouri still has his Acquisition roll left.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: August 16, 2023, 01:01:56 am »

I think I'll stick to having Marco watch those extra Tactica Imperialis lessons during the downtime as I don't have many other ideas.

What about the sidequest with the Biologis and the upgrade/bionic btw?
>Yes?

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: August 16, 2023, 01:07:31 am »

I think I'll stick to having Marco watch those extra Tactica Imperialis lessons during the downtime as I don't have many other ideas.

What about the sidequest with the Biologis and the upgrade/bionic btw?

Did you decide on the reward yet?

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: August 16, 2023, 02:35:13 am »

Have I? It's been a bit, but I thought that's what this inferno pistol was from.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: August 16, 2023, 08:58:20 am »

Have I? It's been a bit, but I thought that's what this inferno pistol was from.

That was your starting acquisition, you get a rolled one for your Rook’s Crown adventure

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: August 16, 2023, 03:38:23 pm »

Oh. Okay. I'll look into that shortly.

ETA: I just want to stipulate that I didn't forget, we're discussing it, but Stirk's answering me at a rate of about once a night. :P
« Last Edit: August 19, 2023, 03:04:19 am by Maximum Spin »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: August 19, 2023, 10:45:58 pm »

Did you decide on the reward yet?

I was defaulting to just upgrading one of our crew's dino-friends since it's probably the best place to do it at. I can flip a coin if neither Egan nor Lenglon want to show interest (or do it anyway if both of them do it).
>Yes?

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: August 20, 2023, 06:42:27 pm »

I was defaulting to just upgrading one of our crew's dino-friends since it's probably the best place to do it at. I can flip a coin if neither Egan nor Lenglon want to show interest (or do it anyway if both of them do it).

You can upgrade some of your NPCs if you want, you have a ship full of subjects to pick from.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: August 20, 2023, 06:51:34 pm »

I would accept a generaptor.
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 47