Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 47

Author Topic: Rogue Trader: Laughing Gold (IC)  (Read 40583 times)

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
Re: Rogue Trader: Laughing Gold (IC)
« Reply #510 on: July 21, 2023, 04:05:31 pm »

That makes things complicated. If this is the source of the peach trees, will the immediately wilt and die if it's recovered? And how should he recover it? He isn't a good thief, and none of his crew is either.

"I see. Is it something tangible like a literal seed or a piece of His armor?"

"It may have once been a literal seed, but all that remains of its physical form is its progeny. It is tied to the land, not an artifact."
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: July 21, 2023, 04:11:52 pm »

Ponder the peaches.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: July 21, 2023, 04:54:49 pm »

Ponder the peaches.

The peaches are perfectly peachy. Plump, juicy, nutritious, and with a taste far too advanced for human tongues these peaches are obviously a piece of art crafted by Eldar hands. A steady diet of these will likely increase the feaster’s strength without any additional effort requirement on their part, explaining all the humans on this planet being larger than average. Truly too good for the mon-key’s grubby little hands.

They of course have no obvious psionic signature and are simply high quality produce.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: July 21, 2023, 05:10:13 pm »

A fine work of art. I shall appreciate being given this chance to appreciate them, as surely the planet's current inhabitants cannot. As much as I'd like to liberate the produce from these clueless beasts, it's not within the parameters of the current mission.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: July 21, 2023, 05:34:00 pm »

"Does that mean there have been experiments with taking some of the soil and peach seeds to grow them away from the area with no luck? I have no reason to hide my interest in having a superbly healthy and fit crew."

Especially since the Governor might already know how Voidborn tend towards the gangly side, with only PT keeping even those born into Battlefleet a cut above.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: July 21, 2023, 05:47:08 pm »

"Half by volume or half by weight?"
"I'm thinking weight. That seems like a more accurate approximation of equal hostage value.
Given your reputation, I suppose you might have some tech that fell off the back of a starship that could serve for the purpose? It wouldn't be as valuable if we can't put the goods back together afterward.
"

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: July 21, 2023, 06:05:18 pm »

"Does that mean there have been experiments with taking some of the soil and peach seeds to grow them away from the area with no luck? I have no reason to hide my interest in having a superbly healthy and fit crew."

Especially since the Governor might already know how Voidborn tend towards the gangly side, with only PT keeping even those born into Battlefleet a cut above.

++As a reminder, Captain Ruori has been recruited. Make sure he is welcomed.++

(I intended an edit but oh well.)
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: July 21, 2023, 06:18:04 pm »

++And I was having a lovely time assuming that he wasn't my problem.++

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: July 21, 2023, 08:10:01 pm »

++Is something wrong?++ Already?
>Yes?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: July 21, 2023, 08:24:51 pm »

++Earlier two of the minions were arguing over mate availability, and now the bosses seem to be coming to some agreement which involves cutting the party in question into two halves. I'm not sure if I got that part right. Do you have any preference here or should I just let them do as they will?++

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: July 21, 2023, 08:39:24 pm »

++I would rather be informed of what is going on and what exactly that means. I was not informed about cutting anyone in half.++
>Yes?

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: July 21, 2023, 09:24:36 pm »

“Many have tried, both on and off world. To my knowledge no attempts, no matter how pious or clever, have succeeded. Conversely soil taken from elsewhere has no trouble growing peach trees so long as it is done here. They say it is a metaphor, just as the peach trees can not thrive away from the Emperor’s blessing neither can man. We’ve made the most of it by building upwards, it seems to count so long as we remain above the sacred ground. Floors and floors are dedicated to peach production this way.”

“That isn’t to say it is useless for voidfarers, far from it. Jam made from these peaches is said to last centuries in the right conditions, and wine only gets better with age. I doubt your ship has enough room to feed its entire population in the long term but a personal supply for your favored men would be doable. If you wish to try your hand at cultivation, every peach contains a seed.”

"I'm thinking weight. That seems like a more accurate approximation of equal hostage value.
Given your reputation, I suppose you might have some tech that fell off the back of a starship that could serve for the purpose? It wouldn't be as valuable if we can't put the goods back together afterward.
"

“If I did it would certainly be on my ship, which is currently undergoing unplanned renovations elsewhere. What of your new master? Certainly he -as a real Rogue Trader- has picked up some mysterious artifacts we can borrow.”

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: July 21, 2023, 10:00:23 pm »

++Understood. Would you like me to... converse, with... them?++ Kedia looks at the 'traders' in disgust.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: July 22, 2023, 12:37:13 am »

“If I did it would certainly be on my ship, which is currently undergoing unplanned renovations elsewhere. What of your new master? Certainly he -as a real Rogue Trader- has picked up some mysterious artifacts we can borrow.”
Ruori smiles with the patience of a man who has already won a technically legitimate victory, having been chosen by the designated arbiter, and knows, or believes, this cannot be taken away from him.
"I don't think he would agree to your violent suggestion. Why don't you just clone her? Everyone whispers that you still have the unholy machine that birthed you around somewhere."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: July 22, 2023, 09:43:46 am »

"Blessed goods that are surely worth the storage room."

++Understood. Would you like me to... converse, with... them?++ Kedia looks at the 'traders' in disgust.
++Get him the comm-bead's code.++
>Yes?
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 47