Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 47

Author Topic: Rogue Trader: Laughing Gold (OOC)  (Read 34885 times)

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
Re: Rogue Trader: Laughing Gold (OOC)
« Reply #195 on: July 25, 2022, 05:51:34 pm »

Exactly! She can make new friends and drag them into rating work.

Also I need to check the book and decide which one's the less risky of the two options. Is Warp Rift the one where you're delayed plus roll for warp encounters each and every day you end up in it?

I think it was just a 1d5 delay. Warpsbane makes warp travel so much safer. Only minor damage so far. Nobody has even been demonically possessed  :-\.

Let me know when you guys are in a position to collect allies. I could use my original character concept, or another one that's a Void-Master.

We should be at the next planet (or a random planet if they biff the exit) in the next couple of days at this rate. You could join then as either character at that time.

Ship roles are fully optional. It would also be reasonable for Stirk to give you a custom role that, say, helps you take hits for the Lord-Captain.

Honor Guard: bonus to RT Intimidate if you stand nearby and look as intimidating as a Catgirl can.

Ship Mascot: bonus to ship moral

Head of Security: bonus to perception for noticing potential threats
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: July 25, 2022, 05:58:51 pm »

as intimidating as a Catgirl can.

Are you not familiar with the fact that felids are improbably well optimized killing machines? Catgirls just stack that on top of the innate terrible power of humanity.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: Rouge Trader: Laughing Gold (OOC)
« Reply #197 on: July 25, 2022, 06:24:03 pm »

Quote from: Indaria
strength   40

skills: intimitdate (str)

Having said that, she would for herself pick Head of Security, and to me it makes the most sense, but if you want to apply the Ship Mascot bonus instead, I'm fine with it. In fact I suggest that you don't tell me which one you're applying, and just apply the one you think is most appropriate. Indaria will think she's Head of Security either way :P
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: July 25, 2022, 11:06:50 pm »

Just for the record, the 4 day route you refused was on a stable path.

Are you not familiar with the fact that felids are improbably well optimized killing machines? Catgirls just stack that on top of the innate terrible power of humanity.

House cats are well optimized for killing very small mammals and birds. They're nature's bird shot. Combine that with the power of humanity and you get the Duck Slayer, the only thing small game fears (ignoring...the rest of creation).

Quote from: Indaria
strength   40

skills: intimitdate (str)

Having said that, she would for herself pick Head of Security, and to me it makes the most sense, but if you want to apply the Ship Mascot bonus instead, I'm fine with it. In fact I suggest that you don't tell me which one you're applying, and just apply the one you think is most appropriate. Indaria will think she's Head of Security either way :P

It was more of a brainstorm session than a list of hard choices. We could theoretically make anything we want, the only real limit is that all roles are only for the ship and don't really take place off it.

Head of Security (Rank 4)
Immediate Subordinates: Body Guards, Poison Tasters, Informants
Important Skills: Awareness, Intimidate, Gambling.
Career Preference: Arch Militant, Senenchel
Benefit: +10 to Awareness tests to sense physical danger to the RT or his Retinue while aboard the ship. 

A Rogue Trader's ship is his Castle. And like any good castle it is filled with courtly intrigue and occasionally assassination attempts against important figures. To prevent such untimely deaths, many Rogue Traders have taken to assigning a trusted subordinate with the valuable task of protecting the rest of the retinue from all the threats that lurk in the shadows. A Head of Security must be ever vigilant, as even in the depths of space a seemingly loyal crew member could easily turn to mutiny or Chaos in the blink of an eye and decide the Lord-Captain would look better without a head.

The listed Benefit isn't really something that would come up all too often though  :-\

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: July 25, 2022, 11:19:33 pm »

I have no idea about roles. Putting Kedia in some kind of maintenance position might be a good idea because humies might need help maintaining Elf ship components.

Ship roles are in Into the Storm, starting p.224. Feel free to read them; the one I suggested is the one that'd help with navigation the most as far as I know. Maintenance doesn't really seem to fit her much unless she has Tech-Use and I missed it.

Let me know when you guys are in a position to collect allies. I could use my original character concept, or another one that's a Void-Master.

We do really need a void-master at the moment, though another RT would surely also help. Ship combat/travel always has many roles (and rolls) available.

What do y'all think would be a good addition to the team?

First Officer is the most useful.

Just for the record, the 4 day route you refused was on a stable path.

We couldn't guess, to be fair. As far as we knew back then we could be jumping straight into a warp storm so not much we can do now. Is this a stable path or something else then?

And in case of failure you could probably ask us about re-rolling using FP or any appropriate bonuses. Did our Seer already spend the free Path of Mariner re-roll for one? Avoiding the Warp Rift and leaving sooner would probably be helpful.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2022, 11:26:52 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: July 25, 2022, 11:27:21 pm »

And in case of failure you should probably ask us about re-rolling using FP or any appropriate bonuses. Did our Seer already spent the free Path of Mariner re-roll for one? Avoiding the Warp Rift and leaving sooner would probably be helpful.

It'd go faster for a forum game just for me to rewrite/retcon anything if you want to reroll. You haven't used any reroll yet.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: July 25, 2022, 11:39:22 pm »

Aaaah ok. If you're cool with that method then I'm happy with it as well. I was just unnecessarily touchy due to past experiences.

And crap, had I read the Navis Primer more attentively I'd have guessed just by the duration that it was very likely to be a stable route. Oh well, living and learning. Maybe we could try searching for that same route on the return trip and chart it for future usage.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: July 26, 2022, 12:23:28 am »

The listed Benefit isn't really something that would come up all too often though  :-\
Remember that Indaria has psynisense, so she would be able to apply the bonus in case of warp incursion as well. Also, it's specifically what I've been setting her up to do well.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: July 26, 2022, 03:42:01 am »

Astro-Artifex might make a bit more sense to keep an alien in a relatively low authority position. Or we could try to come up with a variant of warp guide which is less tied to the navigator families. The Warp Guide bonus being for Navigate (Stellar) seems... typo-ish, considering it says that it's for purposes of steering the ship through the warp.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: July 26, 2022, 09:43:00 am »

Carto-Artifex or custom role for sure then.

@Stirk: I'll also have it known I'll gladly FP re-roll any screw-ups on Marco's side. As an extra addendum since it's something I've forgotten about before as well, the maneuverability bonus of the ship applies to Pilot tests.

crap, had I read the Navis Primer more attentively I'd have guessed just by the duration that it was very likely to be a stable route.

Oh wait. Just seeing the result as four days wouldn't be enough to tell it's a Stable Route, since I've just remembered we have both the Warp engine and the Runecaster which added together cut down the travel time by four times. Whew, feeling less guilty now.
>Yes?

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: July 26, 2022, 11:31:08 am »

Remember that Indaria has psynisense, so she would be able to apply the bonus in case of warp incursion as well. Also, it's specifically what I've been setting her up to do well.

You can have that job with those bonuses if you want it.

Astro-Artifex might make a bit more sense to keep an alien in a relatively low authority position. Or we could try to come up with a variant of warp guide which is less tied to the navigator families. The Warp Guide bonus being for Navigate (Stellar) seems... typo-ish, considering it says that it's for purposes of steering the ship through the warp.

Mascot?

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: July 26, 2022, 12:50:44 pm »

Just so I can keep track of my FPs, did I need a re-roll on the Rift as well?
>Yes?

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: July 26, 2022, 12:52:05 pm »

Just so I can keep track of my FPs, did I need a re-roll on the Rift as well?

No, you got it first try.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: July 26, 2022, 01:08:46 pm »

Whew. Good for my FP pool.

Since this was a 'good' Astronomicon-less Warp voyage all things considered, Marco's command throne probably needs a servitor just to wipe off his sweat. And Kedia needs one to slap anything that could be used as a weapon off her hands.
>Yes?

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: July 26, 2022, 01:58:58 pm »

Guess I'll go First Officer, make use of that fellowship score. Still want to be involve in information gathering and spying and such though, it just won't be my official job.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 47