Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 47

Author Topic: Rogue Trader: Laughing Gold (OOC)  (Read 34915 times)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: Rogue Trader: Laughing Gold (OOC)
« Reply #225 on: July 27, 2022, 09:50:04 am »

Whatdya mean? it's just a weird accent!
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: July 27, 2022, 01:31:33 pm »

One thing that keeps getting me slightly miffed is the lack of rules for veterancy, training or acquisition of better crew... unless you use the rules in Battlefleet Koronus for the acquisition of skilled crew, which doesn't quite match due to how the acquisition rules there assume wargear.

Crew Improvements is one of the few things that raises CR, that and an archeotech component.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: July 28, 2022, 09:44:46 am »

How's the stability of this area of space? I assume there isn't gonna be much inter-system (human) piracy aside from chaos reavers or advanced users of xenotech since even pirates need the Astronomican and navigating in the dark's shitty as we've just proven.

I also wonder just how stable The Maw, the passage from Calixis to the Expanse, is at the moment.

>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: July 28, 2022, 03:15:47 pm »

One thing that keeps getting me slightly miffed is the lack of rules for veterancy, training or acquisition of better crew... unless you use the rules in Battlefleet Koronus for the acquisition of skilled crew, which doesn't quite match due to how the acquisition rules there assume wargear.

Crew Improvements is one of the few things that raises CR, that and an archeotech component.

Since crew is tied to SP, we can count them as starship components with Near Unique (Crack) or Unique (Veteran) following BFK guidelines for components rather than troops. This could be used to either represent upgraded equipment and training or crew depending on context.

How's the stability of this area of space? I assume there isn't gonna be much inter-system (human) piracy aside from chaos reavers or advanced users of xenotech since even pirates need the Astronomican and navigating in the dark's shitty as we've just proven.

I also wonder just how stable The Maw, the passage from Calixis to the Expanse, is at the moment.

Terribly unstable with all the supply chains being effectively broken. Chaos pirates are having fun doing their thing, as are non-Chaos pirates that use Warp witches as navigator equivalent. Since there is mass starvation and loss of equipment there are plenty who formerly relied on the astronimicon doing piracy out of pure desperation, often making shorter jumps and hoping they land somewhere they can ply their trade.

The biggest human pirate threat will probably be Chaos. Though most pirates aren't going to bother with a Cruiser.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: July 28, 2022, 09:57:39 pm »

Oof. I guess at least having an obviously militaristic cruiser really is a defensive measure in itself. Less likely to have loot, more likely to kick their shit in.

Have you checked out Stars of Iniquity by the way?
>Yes?

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: July 29, 2022, 10:57:18 am »

Oof. I guess at least having an obviously militaristic cruiser really is a defensive measure in itself. Less likely to have loot, more likely to kick their shit in.

Have you checked out Stars of Iniquity by the way?

The only book I'm not familiar with is the fanmade eldar one.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: July 29, 2022, 09:19:22 pm »

The artifact-creation system can create some fun/interesting stuff. Like how we ended up with the Necron equivalent of a chainaxe in the only time we used those tables, as well as a Tau gun.

Will the campaign end after we deliver the necessary stuff to the Eldar or will we be allowed to use that as a springboard to start some empire-building in the Expanse while it's even more lawless than normal?

Also I sent you a PM earlier.
>Yes?

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: July 29, 2022, 10:26:36 pm »

The artifact-creation system can create some fun/interesting stuff. Like how we ended up with the Necron equivalent of a chainaxe in the only time we used those tables, as well as a Tau gun.

Will the campaign end after we deliver the necessary stuff to the Eldar or will we be allowed to use that as a springboard to start some empire-building in the Expanse while it's even more lawless than normal?

I can't really plan that far ahead. You can go do some Empire building if you want. Not like anyone (aside from the forces of Chaos infecting the land) will stop you.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: July 30, 2022, 08:05:42 am »

Assuming we're thinking of the same game I don't think it was technically a Tau gun. It functioned sorta like one, but it was explicitly archeotech (as opposed to xenotech) and was also indestructible.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: July 30, 2022, 09:02:46 am »

It's been a while so the details elude me. I do remember we found a piece of Tau equipment alongside the Necron chainaxe, since what we stumbled upon was a battle scene between them.
>Yes?

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: July 30, 2022, 10:57:47 am »

Assuming we're thinking of the same game I don't think it was technically a Tau gun. It functioned sorta like one, but it was explicitly archeotech (as opposed to xenotech) and was also indestructible.

You got que'd pretty hard in the IC BTW

It's been a while so the details elude me. I do remember we found a piece of Tau equipment alongside the Necron chainaxe, since what we stumbled upon was a battle scene between them.

You can potentially get a lot of powerful nonsense from those rolls.

Power armor that is immune to penetration and givers +10 to dodge rolls.
An automatic rifle that gets two free DOS on a hit and either accurate or make it do 1d10+9 damage

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: July 30, 2022, 11:08:14 am »

An automatic rifle that gets two free DOS on a hit and either accurate or make it do 1d10+9 damage
Yeah, but the game isn't automated. If a *perfect artifact* or a *literally useless* artifact get rolled, the GM can just... re-roll them before the players even see them?
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: July 30, 2022, 11:15:38 am »

Yeah, but the game isn't automated. If a *perfect artifact* or a *literally useless* artifact get rolled, the GM can just... re-roll them before the players even see them?

Fudge dice? What DM would dishonor themselves so?

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: July 30, 2022, 11:22:34 am »

Fudge dice? What DM would dishonor themselves so?
any good one? a DM that lets dice completely ruin their campaign is a bad DM.

dice fudging is a time-honored tradition of DMs that don't want stupid BS ranging from having a TPK in the first encounter for a new player to having the BBEG get shipwrecked and drown in the final stages of their plan with no PC involvement whatsoever.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2022, 11:28:34 am by Lenglon »

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: July 30, 2022, 01:26:58 pm »

any good one? a DM that lets dice completely ruin their campaign is a bad DM.

dice fudging is a time-honored tradition of DMs that don't want stupid BS ranging from having a TPK in the first encounter for a new player to having the BBEG get shipwrecked and drown in the final stages of their plan with no PC involvement whatsoever.
No, a good GM takes what he gets, and makes it work anyway. The downed party are saved by a passing mercenary who forces them to work to pay off the debt, and the villain comes back as a powerful sea-ghoul with a connection to terrible undersea gods.

If you're just going to ignore the die unless it suits you, why even bother rolling it? Might as well just sit at home and write fanfiction alone.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2022, 01:31:32 pm by Maximum Spin »
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 47