Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 47

Author Topic: Rogue Trader: Laughing Gold (OOC)  (Read 34905 times)

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
Re: Rogue Trader: Laughing Gold (OOC)
« Reply #180 on: July 25, 2022, 04:08:40 am »

A(stropath)1s: Did you want to send a message before everyone jumps into hell?
Oh, right, I definitely did. Is it too late now?
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: July 25, 2022, 09:08:33 am »

A(stropath)1s: Did you want to send a message before everyone jumps into hell?
Oh, right, I definitely did. Is it too late now?

Nope, you should be good to send it now.

But like, in the past.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: July 25, 2022, 09:54:17 am »

I wonder how badly we'd be doing weren't it for the Warpsbane hull's and Runecaster respectively adding a +10 and +20 bonus to warp navigation on top of whatever other bonuses we can scrounge up, like the elfdar's Navis Prima-equivalent giving +10. Having no Astronomicon for guidance really sucks.

Talking of which, I assume our Eldar Seer is navigating from the Runecaster component since it looks like a Sanctum analogue. And though a bit late, I do agree with the reef decision.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: July 25, 2022, 11:27:40 am »

I just remembered we failed to set up Ship Roles. Does anyone have a specific one they might be interested in that fits their character?
Guerra is Lord-Captain of course, and I'm assuming our Astropath is the Choir-master.

The Seneschal has several options: Master of Whispers, Purser, Ship's Steward, High Factotum... First Officer's a good one as well in my opinion since it takes advantage of Symonne's high Fellowship by giving her the Command skill when dealing with the crew, which's very useful.

Our Elfdar should probably be at least Carto-Artifex for the bonus. Or Warp Guide, but that's Navigator-exclusive and it gives a bonus to Stellar navigation only, weirdly enough.

Indaria would probably be well-positioned for Master of Ordnance. Alternatively Twistcatcher? Chief Bosun is technically possible but I'm not sure having our chief disciplinarian be an aberration would work well.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: July 25, 2022, 11:38:38 am »

I just remembered we failed to set up Ship Roles. Does anyone have a specific one they might be interested in that fits their character?
Guerra is Lord-Captain of course, and I'm assuming our Astropath is the Choir-master.

The Seneschal has several options: Master of Whispers, Purser, Ship's Steward, High Factotum... First Officer's a good one as well in my opinion since it takes advantage of Symonne's high Fellowship by giving her the Command skill when dealing with the crew, which's very useful.

Our Elfdar should probably be at least Carto-Artifex for the bonus. Or Warp Guide, but that's Navigator-exclusive and it gives a bonus to Stellar navigation only, weirdly enough.

Indaria would probably be well-positioned for Master of Ordnance. Alternatively Twistcatcher? Chief Bosun is technically possible but I'm not sure having our chief disciplinarian be an aberration would work well.

Twistcatcher Indaria: "I heard you where a mutant too lets be friends :D"
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: July 25, 2022, 01:45:21 pm »

Exactly! She can make new friends and drag them into rating work.

Also I need to check the book and decide which one's the less risky of the two options. Is Warp Rift the one where you're delayed plus roll for warp encounters each and every day you end up in it?
>Yes?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: July 25, 2022, 03:06:20 pm »

I have no idea about roles. Putting Kedia in some kind of maintenance position might be a good idea because humies might need help maintaining Elf ship components.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: July 25, 2022, 03:14:14 pm »

My understanding is that a good Seneschal is all of those at once. That probably isn't mechanically possible, at least at these ranks, so I'll look at the ship role rules and make a selection.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: July 25, 2022, 03:19:04 pm »

Where can one look up these roles? I didn't find them in the core rulebook.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: July 25, 2022, 03:21:50 pm »

Ship roles are in Into the Storm, starting p.224.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: July 25, 2022, 03:34:57 pm »

I accept the role of Choir-master.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: July 25, 2022, 04:24:59 pm »

Let me know when you guys are in a position to collect allies. I could use my original character concept, or another one that's a Void-Master.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: July 25, 2022, 04:36:25 pm »

I'm unsure about Indaria's role. I had envisioned her in a more hands-on bodyguard-type role, but that isn't an actual ship role, and the closest to it (Master of Arms) is based on Command tests and nothing else, and she's not good at Command. Master of Ordnance makes the most sense for Indaria, however because of the way the Arc Royal is armed, the benefits of that role don't apply very much. I get why Twistcatcher could be amusing, and she would actually be good at the job, but actively enslaving those just like her isn't something she'd sign up to do. So I'm a little stuck.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: July 25, 2022, 04:50:13 pm »

Ship roles are fully optional. It would also be reasonable for Stirk to give you a custom role that, say, helps you take hits for the Lord-Captain.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: July 25, 2022, 05:00:21 pm »

Man, there are so many roles that only a Seneschal can do, or are done best by one. I'm torn between Master of Whispers (for the spymaster role I was originally angling for, though at the moment I lack a couple of the crucial skills), First Officer (for reasons Cael mentioned), High Factotum (business dealings both clean and dirty), Steward (matches up with Symonne's backstory but again I'm missing skills) or Purser (good old fashioned accounting).

What do y'all think would be a good addition to the team?
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 47