Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 22

Author Topic: [TOWN WIN] A Horrible Game of Cults, or "Kill Fallacy Yesterday" (9)  (Read 16650 times)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: [Day 3] A Horrible Game of Cults, or "Kill Fallacy Yesterday" (9)
« Reply #240 on: July 02, 2022, 06:25:36 pm »

perhaps the SM started as "cult" and we'll only win if we "convert" them?
If Jim Groovester is actually the SM, what would voting for him actually do? It was not specified at all on how either the Town or Cult could deal with the SM.
What happens when the SM is converted, anyways?

Oh wait. It says in the OP that the SM can't be converted. Nevermind that, then.

We probably just need to find and vote the last cult player, then. Can't be that difficult.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: July 02, 2022, 06:32:56 pm »

Can you answer my question?

So even though you were Cult on Day 2 you didn't get a whisper about Lidku's alignment from Knightwing64 using his Factchecker power?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: July 02, 2022, 06:38:32 pm »

Can you answer my question?

So even though you were Cult on Day 2 you didn't get a whisper about Lidku's alignment from Knightwing64 using his Factchecker power?
Oh, no, I didn't. No idea why.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: July 02, 2022, 06:54:09 pm »

I haven't received any messages. I didn't choose to swap to Cult either.

We still don't know who targeted Lidku with a check Day 1. The fact that no one is claiming that means it has to come from the 3P at this point, I think.

I don't think voting the 3P will finish the game, looking at the mod posts it seems that they just need to stall out the game for ten days to win. So voting them likely does nothing. Converting people without their knowledge would definitely help to stall out the game. The only problem is that Fact Checkers and Researchers would help people realize if they got converted to Cult, since they should get a whisper.

Maybe...forced conversions could be permanent. Either they can't go back to being town, and/or they would die if publically voted. So now their only chance of winning would be to convert people to Cult. But even then, we have enough time to switch over to Cult if necessary, so if that were true they should still claim.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: July 02, 2022, 06:54:27 pm »

What? Did I get roleblocked? Is that a thing?

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: July 02, 2022, 07:12:00 pm »

I feel like there's more weird shit going on than one person should be responsible for.

We still don't know who targeted Lidku with a check Day 1. The fact that no one is claiming that means it has to come from the 3P at this point, I think.

We've also got a second mystery in why FallacyofUrist didn't receive Knightwing64's inspect.

This means that at least one of us has become Cult due to SM and isn't aware of it.
Converting people without their knowledge would definitely help to stall out the game.

Is this game actually bastard enough to change players' alignments without their knowledge?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: July 02, 2022, 07:13:11 pm »

Is this game actually bastard enough to change players' alignments without their knowledge?
How does SM win otherwise?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: July 02, 2022, 07:14:58 pm »

What? Did I get roleblocked? Is that a thing?
It is a thing because I have that ability, but it wasn't me that did it.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: July 02, 2022, 07:20:47 pm »

Personally, if that happened, Knightwing, the only other person with that Ability is NJW, and that outcome only happens if they're Cult targeting someone, so if you believe that NJW did it for some reason, that's what I'd say.

The OTHER option is that the SM has the Ability to use other people's Abilities. Not sure how, whether by forcably using their Ability or having a collection of Abilities.

Anyway, I'm still in favor of going after Jim Groovester because I'm still under the impression it's Jim.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: July 02, 2022, 07:21:50 pm »

That's weird.
^Jim has been doing this shit all game, fyi.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: July 02, 2022, 07:34:38 pm »

I've been trying to work through the role mysteries in the hopes that working through them identifies the SM.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: July 02, 2022, 07:47:01 pm »

I've been trying to work through the role mysteries in the hopes that working through them identifies the SM.
Uh huh.

Who should we vote?

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: July 02, 2022, 08:35:33 pm »

Who should we vote?
While we can't actually kill anyone (as far as I know), it's still beneficial to track down the SM, so we know who to oppose, block, and so on.

Jim's only hit on half of how to do that. The other half is the vote.

It is in the SM's best interests to waste, obstruct, or render uncertain the Town-conversion vote.

The more conversion votes are wasted, the longer the game goes on, which is a direct path to their win condition.

If anything, I'd argue that that's the better way to track down the SM, since it's more certain. We can't be certain of what bullshit the SM can throw around, but we can be certain of who's placing what votes. Or... who isn't voting.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: July 02, 2022, 08:52:21 pm »

Can the MOD confirm that all messages have been properly sent to all players?
Of course. I cannot, however, be held responsible for possible lack of comprehension.

I would also like to stipulate that the game is clearly still going, which means that at least one player is still cult, possibly many. There are no tricks to the provided win condition.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: July 02, 2022, 08:59:59 pm »

Mm. Lidku. I still interpret day 1 messages as meaning that Lidku inspects as cult, there's only two Factcheckers.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 22