Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 37

Author Topic: Only WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!(IC)  (Read 22094 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
Re: Only WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!(IC)
« Reply #90 on: May 27, 2022, 09:29:04 pm »

pintle-mounted artillery piece with optional nurse attachment.

A stubber is just a machine gun, man. If you wanna blow shit up use the bolter.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 27, 2022, 10:10:52 pm »

Aren't you on... oh, I had them backward. Never mind. I know which one is which but not which one is which, if you follow me. In other words, thought you were on the bolter.

"I like shouting at people, Gill. You know that better than anyone. Also sometimes I forget about things."
Park, aim and shoot at the closest gunner ork now that it has come into convenient hand cannon range. Let's show these laser nerds what REAL bullets do. (hopefully not "miss")

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 27, 2022, 10:41:14 pm »

Aren't you on... oh, I had them backward. Never mind. I know which one is which but not which one is which, if you follow me. In other words, thought you were on the bolter.

"I like shouting at people, Gill. You know that better than anyone. Also sometimes I forget about things."
Park, aim and shoot at the closest gunner ork now that it has come into convenient hand cannon range. Let's show these laser nerds what REAL bullets do. (hopefully not "miss")

It misses by a hair. Which Ork don't even have so you where really close. Perhaps you jinxed it.

Gill did attempt to help, but without his special outfit and authority his assistance is worth half what it was in his glory days.

Delay my action to see if the driver stops.

If the driver does stop, two heavy bolter bursts towards the gun ork, beginning with the one that isn't running.

Otherwise, suppress the Rocket ork.

((Oh I probably should have read that more clearly. You can only make one attack action in a round without special circumstances, so you can never two burst.

I'll assume you want to hit the closest one?))

....You jam the bolter. A holy weapon promised to bring victory to those who wield it, and it has a feeding issue. Perhaps the Emperor is testing you?

From the trench the machine gun team unleashes a burst on the now-close Ork. Much like the bullet fired earlier, they miss by an ork's hair. Apparently getting shot at is bad for your aim.

Stubber PDF's stubber misses by three Ork's hairs. This is a significantly longer than the previous attempts to introduce lead into the Ork system, proving that missing by a single hair is unlikely to be a trait for all bullets.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2022, 11:04:41 pm by Stirk »
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 28, 2022, 11:29:07 am »

But the bolter isn't pintle-mounted, either, it's mounted on the hull. So you were wrong about two things, it was reasonable for me to assume you just thought a stubber was a cannon or something instead. :p

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 28, 2022, 11:30:15 am »

Also, use Preysense and Aim. Maybe the enemy Tower will have a glowing weakpoint?

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 28, 2022, 01:08:53 pm »

Also, use Preysense and Aim. Maybe the enemy Tower will have a glowing weakpoint?

Did you get into my GM notes?

It is here. The enemy siege tower has entered the battlefield.

Looted Train
It is uncertain if this construction started life as a cargo train, or if its creators have always intended it to be a weapon of war. Whatever the case it is now an Armored Train of Orkish make.

Engine
Spewing toxic black smoke to the sky, the first car is the train's engine. It has the appearance of a heavily modified civilian model. Its cow catcher has been replaced by a set of spikes, which still has bits of human and animal remains trapped in it at odd angles. It is blood red - it is unclear if this is from intentional paint or a side effect of the spikes immediately in front of it. Its stack has increased in size three folds as has the whistle. Armor plates are haphazardly welded on in apparently random locations.

Armor: 36/15/10
Armament: Big Shooter on either side

Kannon Kar
Looking more like something meant for an ocean going vessel than a train, cannon turrets are haphazardly thrown and around a normal train cargo car. Some are artillery sized and being used as artillery. Some are anti-vehicle sized and being threateningly pointed at your regiment's Chimera. On the bright side they don't seem to have upgraded the armor much compared to the Engine. This acts as the second car in the train.

Armor:10/15/10
2X Kannons on either side
2X Kill Kannon center.

Loot Kar
Appears to be a normal train box car with Orkish graffiti on the side. May contain normal cargo, explosives, orks, or anything else given it is a closed box. Every other train car after the second is a Loot Kar.

Armor: 2/2/2

Rokitt Kar
A train car meant for civilian traffic with the roof cut off to allow multiple rocket turrets to be placed in the center. Opened top, leaving the rokitteers exposed. Overall has 3 twin linked turrets in the center that can turn to fire in any direction. Acts as the fourth train car.

Armor: 5/5/5
Armament: Twin Linked Rokitt Launcha X3

Kaboos
Perhaps more deserving of the "Rokitt Kar" title than the Rokitt Car, the traditional caboose has been replaced by what is apparently a large rocket. Flames shoot out the back allowing the vehicle to lurch forward at impressive speeds in a way that would leave Imperial scholars scratching their heads. The only car that apparently doesn't have weapons strapped around it.

Engine->Kannon->Loot->Rokkit->Loot->Kaboos

It rushes forwards across the tracks at breakneck speeds. It must be some miracle by the Orkish gods that it hasn't literally flown off the tracks. Sparks fly like sparklers from every contact point.

In what now seems much less pressing, the Shoota ork makes another failed attempt at the Stubber's life while inching forward. The Ork further behind continues to meter forward as fast as his legs can carry him. The Rokkitt Ork who was stuck on foot fires very vaguely in your general direction hitting where you where like three turns ago and then reloads.

5 meters 8:00 Allied Machine Gunner and loader
15 meters 9:15 Allied Stubber
32 meters 11:00 Ork Gunner 6 Wounds
77 Meters 9:40 Ork Gunner Running
195 Meters 12:00 Ork Rocket User
600 meters 10:00 Engine
625 meters 10:00 Kannon Kar
650 meters 10:00 Loot Kar
675 meters 10:00 Rokkit Kar
700 meters 10:00 Loot Kar
725 meters 10:00 Kaboos

Alrin points to the Looted Train. "There is is."

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 28, 2022, 01:13:34 pm »

Attempt to unjam the bolter

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: May 28, 2022, 01:22:04 pm »

Attempt to unjam the bolter

As your Flamer friend found out, unjamming a weapon is apparently surprisingly difficult. You feel like you got close but where unable to clear the feeding problem.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 28, 2022, 01:26:21 pm »

((Can we tell how fast the train is moving, in meters per turn?))

Bahzil just glares at Alrin.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 28, 2022, 01:30:56 pm »

((Can we tell how fast the train is moving, in meters per turn?))

Bahzil just glares at Alrin.

((Tactical speed 30, 60 meters a turn if they go all out but arn't Flooring It. Double your Chimera's speed.))

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: May 28, 2022, 01:43:51 pm »

((Can I tell if my Allie’s in the trenches have any big explosive weapons like a rocket launcher?))
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 28, 2022, 01:50:05 pm »

((Can I tell if my Allie’s in the trenches have any big explosive weapons like a rocket launcher?))

((It seems likely that they possess grenades, possibly on the dead bodies around them if they already used all the ones on their own bodies, but they clearly don't have immediate access to any rocket launchers.

In the larger battlefield you hear enough explosions to suggest that the local PDF in general are equipped with technologically appropriate anti-tank weaponry.))

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: May 28, 2022, 01:51:43 pm »

((We don’t have any anti-tank weaponry either on or in the chimera?))

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: May 28, 2022, 01:58:09 pm »

"You primitives might be used to shouting across the battlefield but you're in the Guard now. If you see something that needs to be shot you can tell your buddies through that thing."

((Sounds like a suggestion to call in artillery.))

((On the other hand, we could charge the train and defeat the orcs in Glorious Melee Combat.))

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: May 28, 2022, 02:06:22 pm »

((We don’t have any anti-tank weaponry either on or in the chimera?))

((Your Chimera's multilaser, 2d10+10 pen 2, probably counts as an anti-tank weapon. Inside everyone has 4 Krak grenades (2d10+4 pen 6) which are also considered AT weapons.))

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 37