Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 37

Author Topic: Only WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!(IC)  (Read 22070 times)

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
Re: Only WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!(IC)
« Reply #60 on: May 25, 2022, 08:39:13 pm »

Should I be worried about ammo? Since it's an MMG mounted on an APC it feels like I'd not have to worry about needing to reload or run out for quite a while.

If that's the case, suppress the rokkiteer again. Not gonna hit anything but I may as well keep his head down during our glorious charge.

"If we're not standing still, run them down! Crush these xenos under our siege tower!"

You have 10 turns worth of ammo when full, and can reload as a single Full Action.

Once again with lead falling in his general direction, the Ork ducks his head behind the cover of his favorite large tree. He is successfully pinned.

Oathall takes aim, hoping to be able to hit something despite all the rapid moving that absolutely everyone is doing.

Apparently being one of the brighter examples of his species, the Ork with a rocket realizes he can't actually hit you. He lies prone on the ground and waits for...something.

Both Gun wielding orks are less patient and continue running in a straight line toward the trenches. The closest is now finally in range of the trench line.

There is now a whistling sound accompanying the noisy engine. It sounds like it is getting closer.

25 meters 10:00 Allied Machine Gunner and loader
45 meters 10:35 Allied Flamer Weapon Jammed
68 meters 11:00 Ork Gunner Running
143 Meters 9:40 Ork Gunner Running
225 Meters 12:00 Ork Rocket User
« Last Edit: May 25, 2022, 08:41:16 pm by Stirk »
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 25, 2022, 08:58:54 pm »

((Wouldn’t rapid reload reduce that to a half turn or is that taken into account?

Also, how much of a turn does it take to unjam a weapon that realistically shouldn’t get jammed because it’s an energy weapon really writers?))
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 25, 2022, 09:04:53 pm »

((Wouldn’t rapid reload reduce that to a half turn or is that taken into account?

Also, how much of a turn does it take to unjam a weapon that realistically shouldn’t get jammed because it’s an energy weapon really writers?))

((It takes 2 turns when Rapid Reload isn't taken into account.

For you it takes a full action and a successful BS test. You then have to reload the gun and all your ammo is wasted.

Gunnar can fix it with Technical Knock for a half-action.

You can also go on one of the two empty big guns.))

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 25, 2022, 09:49:29 pm »

that realistically shouldn’t get jammed because it’s an energy weapon really writers?))

((It's also a highly complicated machine and Imperials are a bunch of monkeys banging rocks together at best. Of course it's gonna break sometimes.))

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 25, 2022, 09:53:34 pm »

that realistically shouldn’t get jammed because it’s an energy weapon really writers?))

((It's also a highly complicated machine and Imperials are a bunch of monkeys banging rocks together at best. Of course it's gonna break sometimes.))

((Just to clarify "Jam" is the in game term. So a plasma weapon overheats or a grenade explodes and it is still called a "Jam".

Fluff wise it is probably something like loose wiring, a leak in the fuel cell, or dirt in the optics. Like how I described the flamer's pilot light going out.

You won't know the actual problem until you succeed in your test))
« Last Edit: May 25, 2022, 09:57:04 pm by Stirk »

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 26, 2022, 12:20:18 am »

A second aim, and then an aimed burst with the Heavy Bolter at the closer Gunner.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 26, 2022, 12:48:08 am »

Bahzil pulled the trigger… and nothing happened.

Wha… why is the light not coming and melting the greenskin?

He smacks the gun with his hand a few times, tries the trigger and then throws the lascarbine to the floor, heading to the big guns instead. He mutters to himself all the way.

Stupid gun, a staff doesn’t jam, I should just jump out and smash them to bits but that would be too reckless. It would get the bloody job done though!

Maintain prescience, get in either of the free big guns and shoot at the rocket ork.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 26, 2022, 12:02:59 pm »

A second aim, and then an aimed burst with the Heavy Bolter at the closer Gunner.

Despite your careful aim you're unable to overcome the deliberately jerky and uncertain movements of your own Chimera and the surprisingly swift movements of the running Ork. Bolts explode around it kicking up dirt.

Bahzil pulled the trigger… and nothing happened.

Wha… why is the light not coming and melting the greenskin?

He smacks the gun with his hand a few times, tries the trigger and then throws the lascarbine to the floor, heading to the big guns instead. He mutters to himself all the way.

Stupid gun, a staff doesn’t jam, I should just jump out and smash them to bits but that would be too reckless. It would get the bloody job done though!

Maintain prescience, get in either of the free big guns and shoot at the rocket ork.

The only currently available big gun is the mult-laser. You have better luck in that it doesn't immediately shut down when you touch it, but the blasts crash into nearby trees rather than their intended target. At the very least it keeps the Ork's head down a bit. Alrin tries his best to add to the volley but has little luck at this range.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 26, 2022, 12:56:01 pm »

"I don't think this loud noise is a good thing, guys."

Where are these gunner orks actually going? Are they running toward something we should be defending, or toward us?

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 26, 2022, 01:10:34 pm »

"I don't think this loud noise is a good thing, guys."

Where are these gunner orks actually going? Are they running toward something we should be defending, or toward us?

They're headed in the general direction of the trench, which is also the general direction of you conveniently enough.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 26, 2022, 02:21:01 pm »

Cool.
Gunnar floors it in the direction of the rocket orc, because fuck that guy in particular.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 26, 2022, 06:20:19 pm »

Gunnar Floors it. Mentally, not literally, given he's driving with a MIU.

Somehow he just barely keeps the tracked vehicle from skidding out of control as you go over the trench.. Apparently it has a rebellious machine spirit. Still you are now closer to your enemies and you managed to not accidentally squish any of the humans inside the trench. Will those inside be able to hit anything with the Chimera bucking like a bull?

5 meters 8:00 Allied Machine Gunner and loader
15 meters 9:15 Allied Flamer Weapon Jammed
38 meters 11:00 Ork Gunner Running
113 Meters 9:40 Ork Gunner Running
195 Meters 12:00 Ork Rocket User

Nobody check those angles.

With the Gunner Ork now in close range the machine gun team manages to get a few hits in. A large caliber bullet catches the ork in the head, slowing the beast for but a moment as it turns out to have only been a glancing blow. The second knocks out one of the Ork's tusk like teeth and exits through his mouth after tumbling. Neither hit seems to have been a decisive blow.

Moral high after his fresh kill, the flamer turned stubber PDF continues stealing all the good rolls as he hits the Ork's body. This hit is significantly less effective than the last as it catches in a magazine on his armor. As an Orkish magazine you can't even tell it has been shot before.

15 meters 9:15 Allied Stubber
38 meters 11:00 Ork Gunner Running 6 Wounds
113 Meters 9:40 Ork Gunner Running

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 27, 2022, 08:21:56 am »

Dakka the closer one!

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 27, 2022, 04:48:02 pm »

Dakka the closer one!

You miss! Much closer this time, but you still have problems hitting a target while the Chimera is bouncing over the trench. If you hadn't been you probably would have hit even with the Ork running. Your brother likewise got close but with no actual damage. 

Speaking of running orks, the closest ork inches closer as he begins to dakka dakka the machine gun team. His shooting is as equally accurate and enthusiastic as the local medic.

Readying his shooter to get in on the action, the running Ork continues to make an attempt to actually get in range.

Keeping behind the tree, the Rocket Ork finds his transient bravery again. He goes prone, hiding his body behind the tree anyway.

15 meters 9:15 Allied Stubber
35 meters 11:00 Ork Gunner 6 Wounds
95 Meters 9:40 Ork Gunner Running

Once again the engine sound gets closer. It is accompanied by more tweeting and the sound of artillery.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2022, 05:41:50 pm by Stirk »

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 27, 2022, 05:46:43 pm »

Delay my action to see if the driver stops.

If the driver does stop, two heavy bolter bursts towards the gun ork, beginning with the one that isn't running.

Otherwise, suppress the Rocket ork.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2022, 05:49:00 pm by Devastator »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 37