Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 167

Author Topic: Emotional Responses to War in Ukraine - Personal Diary & Mutual Support  (Read 130367 times)

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Emotional Responses to War in Ukraine - Personal Diary Edition
« Reply #750 on: July 29, 2022, 05:16:01 am »

So, the Russian claim that they have put literal Nazis in their POW internment camps is true...

Strongpoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: July 29, 2022, 05:22:42 am »

And more horrible news. "DNR" sources report that  "the Ukrainian army shelled POW camp to kill witnesses of their crimes killing ~50 POWs", while this kind of mistake is remotely possible I can bet that this is just a "creative" way to kill POWs

It is confirmed now...

Surrendering to Russians is a worse option than saving the last bullet for yourself. You will be tortured and then killed anyways.
They ought to be pitied! They are already on a course for self-destruction! They do not need help from us. We need to redress our wounds, help our people, rebuild our cities!

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Лишь одна дорожка да на всей земле
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: July 29, 2022, 07:24:02 am »

PS. Do not seek the video, do not watch it. SERIOUSLY, DON'T. Some screenshots I glanced over are enough to damage your sanity.

Damn, I literally had seen the video as soon as it dropped on reddit. Really wish I hadn't.

The guy who did the act is apparently a part of one of the Asian minorities in Russia, a Kalmykian. I wonder why he did this. Maybe in somesort of maligned effort to prove himself to his fellow Russian soldiers/wider Russia society?
Because a lot of Kalmyks are Russified since Soviet times. Unfortunately.

It made me think, what would I require to believe that some new Russia is actually, honestly, really trying to move away from the genocidal and imperialistic mentality?

My answer is... a major rewrite of Russian history textbooks and active propaganda of a more accurate version of history in media and art. And it is something that won't happen.
For the record, I would. I would also physically repress the far-right. The Nazi gangs would be arrested and detained indefinitely, in intentionally terrible conditions. Unfortunately, I couldn't do that to United Russia as it's too big. But I would expose absolutely all of the dirty shit they did on state TV, and even forge a few documents to add to that. Sweet revenge.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2022, 07:31:53 am by MaxTheFox »
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

Strongpoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: July 29, 2022, 09:40:29 pm »

. But knowing Russians and their attention to detail we may find that it was shelled with something like 10KM max range

I gave them too much credit. Looks like they just blew up the barracks from within and brought some rusty missile fragments from elsewhere as proof.

Also, look at this wonderful twit from the Russian embassy in London - https://twitter.com/RussianEmbassy/status/1553093117712162828
They ought to be pitied! They are already on a course for self-destruction! They do not need help from us. We need to redress our wounds, help our people, rebuild our cities!

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: July 31, 2022, 11:26:56 am »

Are you really telling me that Russia blew up their own barracks?

Or is that the POW camp?
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Strongpoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: July 31, 2022, 11:54:07 am »

Or is that the POW camp?

It is a POW camp. They executed 50+ Ukrainian POWs, mostly from the Azov regiment.

Of course, there are very good reasons to suspect that they were dead even before it was blown up.

Here is a quite informative Twitter thread - https://twitter.com/noclador/status/1553346547739410432
« Last Edit: July 31, 2022, 12:18:56 pm by Strongpoint »

Strongpoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: July 31, 2022, 12:42:02 pm »

Not directly Ukraine-related, but Serbia is a de-facto Russian ally so...

Vladimir Djukanovic, an MP in Serbia’s National Assembly from the ruling Serbian Progressive Party (SNS), wrote on Twitter that he believes Serbia might be forced to engage in the “denazification” of the Balkans

Someone should explain Serbs that, unlike Russians, they have no nukes and acting like Russia is a very unwise idea.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: July 31, 2022, 02:10:49 pm »

It's Ok. You never ever get any problems when Serbian nationalists decide to attack people... right?

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: July 31, 2022, 02:38:53 pm »

Or is that the POW camp?

It is a POW camp. They executed 50+ Ukrainian POWs, mostly from the Azov regiment.

Of course, there are very good reasons to suspect that they were dead even before it was blown up.

Here is a quite informative Twitter thread - https://twitter.com/noclador/status/1553346547739410432

Here's a link to a public uncensored version if you don't have a twitter account https://nitter.it/noclador/status/1553346547739410432
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: July 31, 2022, 03:23:36 pm »

Finally posting to watch since it seems a lot more actual info on how the war is going gets posted here than on the proper thread for tracking it, weh.

Side note since this is the thread for responses, given Putin's tactic for his plan of Ukranian genocide, blowing up their own concentration camp or whatever they planned to use that place for to make a false-flag claim seems...put mildly, immensely idiotic of them. :v
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: July 31, 2022, 07:05:31 pm »

Not directly Ukraine-related, but Serbia is a de-facto Russian ally so...

Vladimir Djukanovic, an MP in Serbia’s National Assembly from the ruling Serbian Progressive Party (SNS), wrote on Twitter that he believes Serbia might be forced to engage in the “denazification” of the Balkans

Someone should explain Serbs that, unlike Russians, they have no nukes and acting like Russia is a very unwise idea.

It appears that Djukanovic is the party's designated idiot and has a history of blabbering on about stupid shit with nothing happening in the end.

As for the shooting incident, it is looking like it was Bosnians Serbs from a fairly small semi-insurrectionist group shooting at Bosnian Bonsians, with Serbian Serbs being completely uninvolved. NATO peacekeepers are already in the process of deescalating the situation.

Which makes sense. If they got into a shooting fight with NATO peacekeepers again, Serbia's military might last five minutes. Might.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: August 01, 2022, 06:37:19 am »

Sounds like any day of the week in the Balkans since forever.

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Лишь одна дорожка да на всей земле
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: August 01, 2022, 08:47:05 am »

Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: August 02, 2022, 03:11:39 am »

But can we put humpty dumpty The Balkans back together again?
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 167