Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 75

Author Topic: Webadict's Simple BYOR 2 - Game Over: Town Win  (Read 53931 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Webadict's Simple BYOR 2 - Day 3: Jim Grooves Outta Here [6 / 9 Alive]
« Reply #900 on: April 01, 2022, 07:21:34 pm »

Everyone

I think I'm the only player that has tried to actually account fully for what happened and build some team possibilities. Who do you all think are scum and how?

These are the only teams that I can believe exist at this point in time:

4mask/NQT
4mask/Jim
Jack/Max

Tric and Roden are always town.

This is why I can't resist voting 4mask.

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #901 on: April 01, 2022, 09:00:16 pm »

NQT the only reason I haven't voted you right now is that Toony has claimed like five different OP abilities and still isn't dead. Nobody was protecting him nor his god tier set of abilities, yet mafia was more scared of a Miller claim.
I have six one-shots. They're broken into two sets of three.

Set one:
1. Remove all autos from my target
2. Steal a non-mafiakill ability from my target, if I name a specific ability they own I take that one
3. Restore a random one-shot the target owns, if I name a specific one-shot it'll be that one

Set two:
1. Copy target1's action and use it on target2. I cannot choose the same target for both.
2. Make the target unaffected by roleblocks
3. Bus drive target1 and target2

I can name my role and abilities if you want.

I'm allowed to use one from each set each night. I'll be completely out of abilities after N3 if I use my last two one-shots, however D4 should be the final day at most so that's irrelevant.

N1 actions:
I used the auto-wipe, targeting Jim
I used the bus drive, targeting 4mask and Tric

N2 actions:
I used the ability steal (didn't specify anything), targeting Jim
I used the copy ability, targeting Roden and 4mask

I have the one-shot restore and the make the target unaffected by roleblocks abilities left, plus the Celestial Gauntlets I took.

I feel confident that mafia will not be able to win if we no-lynch today, however I want to discuss this game over the course of the weekend and not end it early.
If this is all true, that explains why you were surprised that 4mask was alive. You basically tried to double up my Vig shot on 4mask. So Tric did protect 4mask...but, why is NQT alive? I don't get it, my action succeeded. Did your action succeed too, Toony?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #902 on: April 01, 2022, 10:59:48 pm »

@webadict: Under what circumstances might a kill action succeed, but the target still be walking around alive? It seems to me that would only make sense in the case of an explicit revive, not protection; and in the case of an explicit revive we'd have seen the target die and come back like with TricMagic. Is that so? Is it possible that a player might have a revive ability which works silently?
All Actions succeed regardless of the Night outcome UNLESS they are unable to complete due to roleblocking or insufficient targeting (This could be a dead or ineligible target, or some other insufficient Action requirement.) Any Action may succeed but not necessarily complete as intended, such as your example of a kill being protected against. Both the protect and kill succeed, as they were not roleblocked or unable to target, but the kill resolution was halted by protection.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2022, 12:05:07 am by webadict »

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #903 on: April 01, 2022, 11:43:09 pm »

Did your action succeed too, Toony?
My actions were successful on both nights, yes.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #904 on: April 02, 2022, 12:25:34 am »

The Facts

EoD1 Vote Count:
Vector - 3 - Jim Groovester, 4maskwolf, Maximum Spin
Jim Groovester - 2 - Vector
ToonyMan - 2 - TricMagic, EuchreJack
4maskwolf - 1 - ToonyMan
Knightwing64 - 1 - Roden
Roden - 1 - Knightwing64

Note: Roden and Tric tried to switch to Max but missed the deadline.
Note2: Knightwing64 was replaced by notquitethere.

EoD2 Vote Count:
EuchreJack - 4 - 4maskwolf, notquitethere, Jim Groovester, ToonyMan
4maskwolf - 2 - Maximum Spin, TricMagic
notquitethere - 1 - Roden
ToonyMan - 1 - EuchreJack

Confirmed Actions:

Night 1
Jack - saw Max visit Toony
Jim - redirected all actions from themselves to 4mask
Jim - watched 4mask, saw Toony visit (actually saw me visit Tric because I bus swapped 4mask and Tric, but you'd have to believe me there)
Jim - received an item from 4mask
Tric died and resurrected

Night 2
nothing

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #905 on: April 02, 2022, 12:30:29 am »

Night 2
nothing
Actually one thing is confirmed for Night 2:

Jim - redirected all actions from themselves to 4mask, again

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #906 on: April 02, 2022, 04:56:43 am »

That's all very nice information, Toony but not much in the way of analysis. So you're basically saying you cant account for Tric's protect, how my survival conflicts with your claim etc. and so you just want to give up on launching scum today, hoping they don't have any more night tricks. You must be able to see why I don't find that satisfying.

---

Of course another possibility here is that Toony and/or Tric and/or Roden botched their fake claims (or said deliberately contradictory things) which is why this doesn't stack up.

(I see no reason to doubt 4mask claiming the kill, as I saw him target Jim and also, who does that? And Max hasn't claimed anything)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #907 on: April 02, 2022, 08:26:14 am »

Did your action succeed too, Toony?
My actions were successful on both nights, yes.
@webadict: Under what circumstances might a kill action succeed, but the target still be walking around alive? It seems to me that would only make sense in the case of an explicit revive, not protection; and in the case of an explicit revive we'd have seen the target die and come back like with TricMagic. Is that so? Is it possible that a player might have a revive ability which works silently?
All Actions succeed regardless of the Night outcome UNLESS they are unable to complete due to roleblocking or insufficient targeting (This could be a dead or ineligible target, or some other insufficient Action requirement.) Any Action may succeed but not necessarily complete as intended, such as your example of a kill being protected against. Both the protect and kill succeed, as they were not roleblocked or unable to target, but the kill resolution was halted by protection.

WUBA, when would a theoretical auto-revive occur? Immediately or at the end of the night?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #908 on: April 02, 2022, 08:28:39 am »

From the talk while I was asleep.. NQT, what are your thoughts on 4mask, town, other, or scum?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #909 on: April 02, 2022, 08:49:20 am »

I wouldn't rule out 4mask being on a scum team, but I think hitting Jim makes no sense when he could have shot a doc... unless he's on the same team as you.

Honestly that would fit a lot of the facts as we know them.

Tric, what do you think of Toony and Roden's claims to have both vigged and failed to vig? Do you think both are telling the truth?

Toony is a claimed double actor and with 4mask confirming the theft, we have reasonable reason to think he's telling the truth. He's in a good position to cause weird shenanigans.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #910 on: April 02, 2022, 09:03:24 am »

I wouldn't rule out 4mask being on a scum team, but I think hitting Jim makes no sense when he could have shot a doc... unless he's on the same team as you.

Honestly that would fit a lot of the facts as we know them.

Tric, what do you think of Toony and Roden's claims to have both vigged and failed to vig? Do you think both are telling the truth?

Toony is a claimed double actor and with 4mask confirming the theft, we have reasonable reason to think he's telling the truth. He's in a good position to cause weird shenanigans.
I more think there simply are not enough charts. Any reason for that?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #911 on: April 02, 2022, 09:07:59 am »

Nice deflection. You going to answer the questions?

(Also in a mechanical puzzle game like this, normal wagononics or whatever isn't very useful. On activity level: I would like to see a lot more of 4mask.)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #912 on: April 02, 2022, 09:34:43 am »

Tony claimed to Vig? They claimed to have stolen something a while ago though?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #913 on: April 02, 2022, 09:35:41 am »

Also NQT, go with the assumption Roden and me are town? It would fit a lot better if you are town. If you're mafia you're just going to ignore this though.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #914 on: April 02, 2022, 09:48:18 am »

WUBA, when would a theoretical auto-revive occur? Immediately or at the end of the night?
Revives are categorical. Revives are always displayed to all Players regardless of when they happen, but Revives typically happen immediately when death occurs, but that isn't a hardline rule.
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 75