Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 75

Author Topic: Webadict's Simple BYOR 2 - Game Over: Town Win  (Read 53918 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Webadict's Simple BYOR 2 - Day 2: Tricky Magic [8 / 9 Alive]
« Reply #600 on: March 30, 2022, 08:07:18 am »

These are the only teams that I can believe exist at this point in time:

4mask/NQT
4mask/Jim
Jack/Max

Tric and Roden are always town.

This is why I can't resist voting 4mask.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: March 30, 2022, 08:11:25 am »

Webadict: If a player is redirected onto himself with a non-self-targetable action, does the action still proceed? In particular, if a player uses a protect action on a target which is swapped with the protecting player, does that player successfully protect himself?
Yes.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: March 30, 2022, 08:54:12 am »

These are the only teams that I can believe exist at this point in time:

4mask/NQT
4mask/Jim
Jack/Max

Tric and Roden are always town.

This is why I can't resist voting 4mask.

While I understand the simplified version, how about explaining how NQT/Jim can't be a scum team?
Or why NQT or 4mask can't be paired with Max.

Or hell, why Jack/NQT is not viable.  Yes, I understand why Jack/4mask is not a scum team...

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: March 30, 2022, 09:14:11 am »

Think for five seconds why Jim "guys let's vote NQT instead of 4mask pleeeeaase" Groovester isn't mafia with NQT.

Now think for five minutes why Max isn't mafia with NQT or 4mask. I'll give you a hint: The answer lies within.

Jack, can you possibly guess why Max is the only person you can be mafia with? Go ahead, try it.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: March 30, 2022, 11:10:54 am »

Think for five seconds why Jim "guys let's vote NQT instead of 4mask pleeeeaase" Groovester isn't mafia with NQT.

Now think for five minutes why Max isn't mafia with NQT or 4mask. I'll give you a hint: The answer lies within.

Jack, can you possibly guess why Max is the only person you can be mafia with? Go ahead, try it.
Upon retrospection, I buy points 1 & 2.
For point 2, Max has mostly committed to lynching NQT or 4mask, or outing as scum whomever survives.  So not scum buddies with them.

Right so point 3:
I tracked Max go to Toonyman. I know this to be true
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Max has committed to lynching NQT or 4mask, or outing as scum the survivor.
Mas has suspected all the miller claims, but softer on myself.
Max was pretty quick to qualify his Innocent inspect on Toonyman with "Unless Godfather".  ScumbuddyMax of Toonyman wouldn't do that

So, my bolstering of Max with an untraceable tracking makes me looks like a possible partner.  I've said before: My role just looks scummy.  There is nothing about it that makes it "look" townie, except that part where I win with town.  What can I say, except:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: March 30, 2022, 11:26:19 am »

Pretty much.

I believe both you and Max, which leaves NQT/4mask/Jim.

Of those, Jim isn't with NQT.

I have no strong reasoning for why NQT and 4mask are mafia together beyond POE, but I find multiple things suspicious about 4mask and Jim. This is why I want to vote 4mask instead of NQT, regardless of how Jim feels about it.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: March 30, 2022, 01:08:35 pm »

PRETTY PLEASE?
Hrrrrrmmmmmmmmmmm

No.

4mask needs to give reads or something man.
That requires waking up and actually engaging with people, which isn't something I like to do lmao.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: March 30, 2022, 01:28:06 pm »

Blah blah metareads blah blah.

Tricmagic said something that's been bothering the hell out of me.

Pretty sure someone just tried to shoot Jim last night and it wound up getting redirected onto Tricmagic (Jim redirecting the kill onto me and it then being redirected by Toonyman onto Tricmagic). Why?

Nothing Tric says on D2 before his claim gives any indication that he actually redirected the kill. He even says this when he claims:

Mafia on the other hand has EVERY reason not to claim, because they know what happened last night.

So, last night I used my 1-shot to Sacrifice myself and prevent ALL deaths from occurring. Of course, this also strips away my Auto, so I'm now as mortal as anyone else. (This was Priority 1, so couldn't be blocked). So Mafia didn't kill anyone last night as a result of this.
Yes, Tric, indeed they do have every reason not to claim (at least not truthfully), and it sounds like saying so made you realize you should claim so you don't look like a wolf. He also claimed doctor yesterday and claims to still have the doctor ability but also claims to have a full kill redirect one-shot? My role's power level says hahahahahahahahaha no.

This is the post that's been bothering me though:
One issue is, we need to trust trust you to trust you. I don't. More likely you're a counter to the powers around, especially if you can just ignore redirects.
This is said after I claim that the ability I got off of Tric was a valuable one that I wouldn't be claiming, although anyone with half a brain could guess what I got if they assume everything Tric said about their role was true. It's been bugging me because for all the world it looks like a wolf trying to get out in front of bad facts. There's no reason to assume I have a role that gives me counter stuff, especially when Jim has already indicated I gave him a powerful townsided ability through our conversations, and yet Tric says it anyway.

So, Tric, what's your REAL MY ROLE MY ROLE MY ROOOOOOOOOOLE? Because it's obvious to me you're not a doctor.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: March 30, 2022, 01:48:19 pm »

Pretty sure someone just tried to shoot Jim last night and it wound up getting redirected onto Tricmagic (Jim redirecting the kill onto me and it then being redirected by Toonyman onto Tricmagic). Why?
Is this same level of sureness that says you redpeek'd someone?

As for my claim, wouldn't you know based upon what you got when I died? It sounds like you're looking to break apart what town knows and slip the noose.

You get things themed on the people who died. You don't give anything that says anything about my role's theme. Given Vector and I are the only ones to have died, you must have given Jim an item themed after the Vote Count. It being pretty townsided is obvious, given Vote Count. However, it's also extremely powerful for mafia to have as well. Another thing to note, giving the item makes you seem townie and clears you of the kill last night. But sadly that's an auto as you claimed. When did you claim that though? Was it before or after my reveal?

Major point, it's an auto that allows you to give stuff based on those who have died. No priority apparently, it just shows up ignoring everything else. However, I do not think you yourself are capable of using the items without some drawback. Or that's a theory anyway.

You claim I am not a doctor. that's fine. It's not the base you need to tear down. Instead, you need to tear down my revival, and determine it to be false, while proving that someone shot me last night. And you need to do all that while discrediting my day 1 setup. Good luck with that. 

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: March 30, 2022, 02:10:24 pm »

Good use of wowee, I approve.

I never said you didn't revive lmao, you yourself said D1 you would revive on death (assuming you weren't launched D1) and I take that at face value considering, y'know, you revived.

There's a lot of things I have no incentive to claim as a wolf this game, the fact that distributing items is a free action being chief among them. It exists so that I can use an item and give one away on the same night, but also, obviously, makes it appear like I could perform the mafia kill. Something I have, myself, acknowledged.

There's already a sensible chain of events that explains how you died last night. Prior to your claim that's actually how I thought you died, someone tried to kill Jim and because of Jim and Toony fuckery it redirected onto you.

The fact that you haven't figured out what I got off of you tells me everything I need to know about your "role". If you were what you said you'd literally already have figured out what ability that I got. The fact that you were concerned I would get a counter-ability tells me you're not what you said you were and were trying to get out ahead of bad facts should I choose to claim what I got from you.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: March 30, 2022, 02:14:11 pm »

We also have hard evidence that things targeting Jim did, in fact, get directed to you, since Toony tried to remove Jim's miller auto but neither Jim nor I got our auto's wiped, while you claimed to lose your autos.

I'm extremely skeptical that another townie was given both a revive and a kill-only lightning rod effect, unless Toonyman is a wolf (which is basically impossible). The ability to hard-deny the wolves one of their nightkills without effort isn't something that shows up in a nine-player game.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: March 30, 2022, 02:21:52 pm »

Are you cool with Roden shooting Tric if you flip town? Is Jack still a concern?

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: March 30, 2022, 02:25:35 pm »

Are you cool with Roden shooting Tric if you flip town? Is Jack still a concern?
Yes, though I'd obviously prefer to flip Tric first. Jack I haven't had a chance to look at yet, I've been really nonpresent these past few days and the only thing that stuck out in my mind when skimming over D2 was Tric's downright bizarre behavior around my claim.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: March 30, 2022, 02:26:27 pm »

In particular I'm not sure what the mech around Jack is because keeping track of the mech this game has been complicated.

Mind filling me in on what Jack's mech is, I'm in class so won't be able to do a deep dive for a couple hours?

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: March 30, 2022, 02:28:31 pm »

I ONLY SAW TOONYMAN VISIT TRICMAGIC (BY WATCHING YOU) DURING N1.

IF I'M WATCHING SOMEBODY AND THEY GET REDIRECTED TO THEMSELVES I DON'T KNOW IF I SEE THEM.

FEASIBLY IF TRICMAGIC WAS THE EVENTUAL NIGHT KILL TARGET THEN IT WAS TOONYMAN OR TRICMAGIC WHO DID IT.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 75