Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 75

Author Topic: Webadict's Simple BYOR 2 - Game Over: Town Win  (Read 53946 times)

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Webadict's Simple BYOR 2 - Day 3: Jim Grooves Outta Here [6 / 9 Alive]
« Reply #885 on: April 01, 2022, 05:45:14 pm »

Not really, you could just make some claim about how you misread your ability text and the players would believe it. After all Jim retconned his explanation of his own power on rereading it (quite truthfully). But, now you've truly, fully, nailed your flag to the mast on this one, I can always track you tonight.

That said, another reason for tracking someone else is that as you claimed miller, the pseudocop part of my power is useless against you.

You are testing the limits of my medication

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: Webadict's Simple BYOR 2 - Day 2: Tricky Magic [8 / 9 Alive]
« Reply #886 on: April 01, 2022, 05:50:40 pm »

This exchange is very pertinent:
Does a one-shot get spent if the player is role-blocked?

Does a one-shot get spent if the action fails on the target? For example, if a player used a one-shot vig on a bulletproof player.

Does a one-shot get spent if the action succeeds, but because of outside forces the end result doesn't occur? For example, if a player used a one-shot vig on someone, but another player made getting killed impossible for that night.
1. No. Roleblocking would not allow the Player to perform the Action.
2. In the case of an Action failure, no. However, the specific case you mentioned may not necessarily be an Action failure. Bulletproofs that cause Kill Actions to fail, specifically, would indeed result in the one-shot Kill being refunded.
3. Yes. The Action succeeded, even if the target wasn't killed.

Was your vig power used up Roden? If it wasn't then you can use tonight to do whatever clearing you thought you were planning on D2; if it was used up then this proves beyond all doubt that I don't have any unclaimed bulletproof or roleblocking or whatever.

You know, your apparent inability to mentally conceive that other people think you might be scum is a tick in favour of you being town after all. But you still haven't come up with teams or explanations, so my judgement is still suspended.

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #887 on: April 01, 2022, 05:52:35 pm »

NQT the only reason I haven't voted you right now is that Toony has claimed like five different OP abilities and still isn't dead. Nobody was protecting him nor his god tier set of abilities, yet mafia was more scared of a Miller claim.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #888 on: April 01, 2022, 05:58:32 pm »

NQT the only reason I haven't voted you right now is that Toony has claimed like five different OP abilities and still isn't dead. Nobody was protecting him nor his god tier set of abilities, yet mafia was more scared of a Miller claim.
It is a puzzler, I will admit. OK so this is starting to move towards solving. Work through that thought. If Toony is scum, then who's on his team? How did the kill go down?

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #889 on: April 01, 2022, 06:03:40 pm »

This exchange is very pertinent:
Does a one-shot get spent if the player is role-blocked?

Does a one-shot get spent if the action fails on the target? For example, if a player used a one-shot vig on a bulletproof player.

Does a one-shot get spent if the action succeeds, but because of outside forces the end result doesn't occur? For example, if a player used a one-shot vig on someone, but another player made getting killed impossible for that night.
1. No. Roleblocking would not allow the Player to perform the Action.
2. In the case of an Action failure, no. However, the specific case you mentioned may not necessarily be an Action failure. Bulletproofs that cause Kill Actions to fail, specifically, would indeed result in the one-shot Kill being refunded.
3. Yes. The Action succeeded, even if the target wasn't killed.

Was your vig power used up Roden? If it wasn't then you can use tonight to do whatever clearing you thought you were planning on D2; if it was used up then this proves beyond all doubt that I don't have any unclaimed bulletproof or roleblocking or whatever.

You know, your apparent inability to mentally conceive that other people think you might be scum is a tick in favour of you being town after all. But you still haven't come up with teams or explanations, so my judgement is still suspended.
My action was successful, I wasn't given a refund. And I was never told that my Doc 1-shot was stolen at any point, so I still have it and I know it wasn't used to protect you. Tric is claiming to protect 4mask, which itself is a horrible decision and idk why Tric would fake targeting 4mask if he really targeted you. So I do believe his claim.

I did forget this exchange though so now I'm even more confused. I don't understand how last night makes any sense unless Tric is lying, but his current claim is scummy as fuck so I don't know why he would fake it?

I can understand why people think I'm scum, that doesn't bug me. What annoys me is that you scum read me but didn't choose to target me, even though if you were right you'd essentially have a guilty result on me. Like I cannot worm my way out of that by saying "oh I misread my role uwu" or whatever you think my excuse would be. Nobody would believe me, not only do I not have a history of misunderstanding my role, I made it very clear that my Commute is an action. There's literally no way for me to fuck that up.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #890 on: April 01, 2022, 06:16:58 pm »

Max
a town TricMagic tends to assume way too much significance of any action that doesn't give him, personally, time to respond.
This is definitely a deep read of Tric's regular perspective. But I am a bit burned out on "Tric would never act like this" from that game last year where everyone consistently misjudged him over this sort of thing.
I didn't say that; I said "distressingly NAI". It could just as easily be fake, but you can't deny it could be genuine.

Max would your inspect on Toony show if he was third party?
Absolutely, yes. It's a standard "I get told the alignment" and I heard town.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #891 on: April 01, 2022, 06:20:24 pm »

OK, I'm going to be real with you, Roden, I was probably being over-paranoid in not tracking you. It turned out to be a suboptimal play, you're absolutely right.

Talking of suboptimal play... what's the chances Tric is playing some 4D chess game with his claim. Because you're right, none of it makes any sense. What would a Tric/Toony team look like?

Let's say Toony bussed me and 4mask and Tric is faking a protect claim to cover up the lack of a kill. You shot me but it's redirected to 4mask. He doesn't die because, IDK, Tric's "friendship is magic" hypnotism has a downside that it protects the person being hypnotised (they remain a true friend or whatever).

Is that possible? Yes. Is it likely? I have no clue. It's like Sherlock says, once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.

Max is that an infallible inspect or is Godfather still on the table here? Also "Everyone" includes you. What teams do you think fit with what we're seeing here?

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #892 on: April 01, 2022, 06:29:02 pm »

Max is that an infallible inspect or is Godfather still on the table here? Also "Everyone" includes you. What teams do you think fit with what we're seeing here?
My d1 inspection of Toony was normal. Infallibility is only a one-shot, so I didn't use it.

Why do you fixate on the ability name "Friendship is Magic"? If Tric is scum we don't have any reason to believe it's even real; it's not like literally any human being who has been aware of the internet for the past few years couldn't come up with it.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #893 on: April 01, 2022, 06:34:06 pm »

Why do you fixate on the ability name "Friendship is Magic"? If Tric is scum we don't have any reason to believe it's even real; it's not like literally any human being who has been aware of the internet for the past few years couldn't come up with it.
I'm just spitballing with what fits. I assumed he might well be telling the truth as ability-name and role-name cops are absolutely a thing as you well know. If he's lying about the ability names, it doesn't change the rest of the facts.

What about the more pressing question? You not even going to attempt to put together this puzzle?

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #894 on: April 01, 2022, 06:41:45 pm »

What about the more pressing question? You not even going to attempt to put together this puzzle?
I'm not really the kind of guy who just blurts out my reads like that. Just be patient please.

@webadict: Under what circumstances might a kill action succeed, but the target still be walking around alive? It seems to me that would only make sense in the case of an explicit revive, not protection; and in the case of an explicit revive we'd have seen the target die and come back like with TricMagic. Is that so? Is it possible that a player might have a revive ability which works silently?

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #895 on: April 01, 2022, 06:48:44 pm »

It is a puzzler, I will admit. OK so this is starting to move towards solving. Work through that thought. If Toony is scum, then who's on his team? How did the kill go down?
I honestly have no clue. Nobody has verifiable information. There's a contradiction with your not-death but I don't know how it's possible.

My only suggestion is letting Max use his super Cop ability tonight and going from there. Tric and I can both Doc Max to ensure he survives. Even if the alleged possession ability exists like 4mask says, at least one of our protects will still go through.

Additionally, Toony should give up the Celestial Gauntlets, preferably to me, to avoid any interference with our protection efforts.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #896 on: April 01, 2022, 06:54:03 pm »

Additionally, Toony should give up the Celestial Gauntlets, preferably to me, to avoid any interference with our protection efforts.
Hahaha, no. It's self-evident that he should give them up to me, since under this theory I'm the only one being protected - even if I am mafia, I can't usefully use it!

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #897 on: April 01, 2022, 07:14:36 pm »

Hahaha, no. It's self-evident that he should give them up to me, since under this theory I'm the only one being protected - even if I am mafia, I can't usefully use it!
...Good point actually. You won't use them to get yourself killed.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #898 on: April 01, 2022, 07:15:55 pm »

I have six one-shots. They're broken into two sets of three.

Set one:
1. Remove all autos from my target
2. Steal a non-mafiakill ability from my target, if I name a specific ability they own I take that one
3. Restore a random one-shot the target owns, if I name a specific one-shot it'll be that one

Set two:
1. Copy target1's action and use it on target2. I cannot choose the same target for both.
2. Make the target unaffected by roleblocks
3. Bus drive target1 and target2

I can name my role and abilities if you want.

I'm allowed to use one from each set each night. I'll be completely out of abilities after N3 if I use my last two one-shots, however D4 should be the final day at most so that's irrelevant.

N1 actions:
I used the auto-wipe, targeting Jim
I used the bus drive, targeting 4mask and Tric

N2 actions:
I used the ability steal (didn't specify anything), targeting Jim
I used the copy ability, targeting Roden and 4mask

I have the one-shot restore and the make the target unaffected by roleblocks abilities left, plus the Celestial Gauntlets I took.

I feel confident that mafia will not be able to win if we no-lynch today, however I want to discuss this game over the course of the weekend and not end it early.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #899 on: April 01, 2022, 07:17:13 pm »

Well actually this game will go to D5 if we no-lynch and then lynch both mafia back to back, but you get the point.
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 75