Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 75

Author Topic: Webadict's Simple BYOR 2 - Game Over: Town Win  (Read 54095 times)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Webadict's Simple BYOR 2 - Day 2: Tricky Magic [8 / 9 Alive]
« Reply #570 on: March 29, 2022, 05:35:19 pm »

4maskwolf, with the addendum that if they are town and I get murdered tonight, it's probably Toony/Max.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: March 29, 2022, 05:42:57 pm »

@Webadict:
If a one-shot is used, but the action fails, does the one-shot still become spent? What are the cases here?
Typically, no, but that's ignoring all edge cases. I'd require more specific information to answer anything else.

Does a one-shot get spent if the player is role-blocked?

Does a one-shot get spent if the action fails on the target? For example, if a player used a one-shot vig on a bulletproof player.

Does a one-shot get spent if the action succeeds, but because of outside forces the end result doesn't occur? For example, if a player used a one-shot vig on someone, but another player made getting killed impossible for that night.
1. No. Roleblocking would not allow the Player to perform the Action.
2. In the case of an Action failure, no. However, the specific case you mentioned may not necessarily be an Action failure. Bulletproofs that cause Kill Actions to fail, specifically, would indeed result in the one-shot Kill being refunded.
3. Yes. The Action succeeded, even if the target wasn't killed.

Mamobo

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia Moderation Bot
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: March 29, 2022, 09:52:48 pm »

Vote Count
------------------------
4maskwolf - 3 - Maximum Spin*, ToonyMan*, TricMagic*,
notquitethere - 2 - Jim Groovester*, Roden*,
Maximum Spin - 1 - notquitethere*,
EuchreJack - 0 -
Jim Groovester - 0 -
Roden - 0 -
ToonyMan - 0 -
TricMagic - 0 -
No One - 0 -

Not Voting - 2 - 4maskwolf, EuchreJack*,

5 to Hammer. Day ends on March 30, 2022 at 20:00 CDT (22 hours and 7 minutes remaining.)
Mamobo stands for Mafia Moderation Bot! Mamobo was made by webadict to help those in need!

Mamobo hates villainy and lawlessness! Mamobo loves blueberries!

Mamobo is happy to be of use! If you'd like to improve Mamobo, please do something else instead!

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: March 29, 2022, 11:34:03 pm »

I'M NOT A FAN OF HOW RODEN IS REACTING TO NOTQUITETHERE'S PRESSURE BUT IT'S HARD FOR ME TO SAY IF HE'S BREAKING TOWN OR BREAKING SCUM BECAUSE OF IT. I THINK BACK TO WARPLANT MAFIA AND RODEN'S REACTIONS TO TOONYMAN'S FAKECLAIM AND HOW INDIGNANT RODEN WAS AT THE SITUATION. I THINK I SEE A BIT OF THAT HERE SO I STILL THINK I STICK TO NOTQUITETHERE.

I DON'T THINK NQT AND RODEN WOULD BE ON A TEAM BASED ON HOW THEY'RE ACTING AND THE ACRIMONY BEING EXPRESSED.

IF NOTQUITETHERE IS SCUM, THEN HE COULD BE PARTNERS WITH HMMMMMMMMMMMM
IF RODEN IS SCUM, THEN HE COULD BE PARTNERS WITH HRMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

PARTNERS COULD BE EUCHREJACK, MAXIMUM SPIN, OR 4MASKWOLF, BUT EVEN IF ANY OF THESE FIVE PLAYERS FLIP I DON'T SEE IT BETRAYING THEIR PARTNER.

Vote Count
4maskwolf - 3 - Maximum Spin*, ToonyMan*, TricMagic*,

NOT EXACTLY THRILLED WITH THIS TURN OF EVENTS.

I'LL MENTION SOMETHING AND MAYBE IT WILL AFFECT THE CALCULUS OF YOUR VOTES SOME. I WILL BE TARGETING 4MASKWOLF WITH MY REDIRECT AND WATCH AGAIN TONIGHT BECAUSE MY ABILITY TO REDIRECT IS SOMETHING I ACTIVATED ON DAY 1 AND LASTS AS LONG AS THE TARGET IS ALIVE. I ALSO HAVE THE CHOICE TO WATCH OR FOLLOW 4MASKWOLF. SO IF 4MASKWOLF WANTS TO DO ANYTHING WOLFY DURING NIGHT 2 HE HAS TO RISK ME KNOWING ABOUT IT. SINCE ALL (ACTUALLY MOST) ACTIONS TARGETING ME REDIRECT TO 4MASKWOLF IF HE'S SCUM HE DOESN'T HAVE AN EASY WAY OF DEALING WITH ME, AND HE COULD DIRECTLY TARGET ME WITH A NIGHT KILL BUT THEN THAT WOULD REVEAL PRETTY QUICKLY WHO KILLED ME.

IF YOU GUYS DECIDE NOT TO LYNCH 4MASKWOLF, I WILL BE WATCHING HIM DURING NIGHT 2.

I'M NOT PLANNING ON HOPPING ON THE WAGON BUT I AM CURIOUS TO SEE HOW THE VOTES STACK UP, ESPECIALLY IN REGARDS TO PLAYERS WHO VOTED HIM PREVIOUSLY AND PLAYERS WHO ARE DEFINITELY POSITIVELY GOING TO SHOOT 4MASKWOLF DURING NIGHT 2.

Is Roden mafia if these facts are true? Almost certainly not.

I CAN'T REMEMBER IF I SAID IT IN THIS GAME YET BUT I'VE CERTAINLY THOUGHT IT MULTIPLE TIMES.

MAKING MECHANICAL ASSUMPTIONS IS VERY DANGEROUS IN A WEBADICT GAME.

IS MAFIA HAVING A ONE SHOT VIG KILL THAT OUTRAGEOUS IN A GAME WHERE ONE PLAYER HAS A ONE SHOT PROTECT ON EVERYBODY? AS FOR WHY MAFIA WITH A ONE SHOT VIG KILL MIGHT HOLD ON TO IT RATHER THAN USE IT IMMEDIATELY, MAYBE THEY KEEP IT AND TURN LYLO INTO AN INSTANT WIN INSTEAD.

I DON'T THINK IT'S SAFE TO TOWN READ RODEN BASED ON ROLE ASSUMPTIONS LIKE THIS.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: March 29, 2022, 11:40:54 pm »

I'M NOT PLANNING ON HOPPING ON THE WAGON BUT I AM CURIOUS TO SEE HOW THE VOTES STACK UP, ESPECIALLY IN REGARDS TO PLAYERS WHO VOTED HIM PREVIOUSLY AND PLAYERS WHO ARE DEFINITELY POSITIVELY GOING TO SHOOT 4MASKWOLF DURING NIGHT 2.

I'M LOOKING AT YOU EUCHREJACK AND RODEN

WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: March 29, 2022, 11:51:24 pm »

I'm still voting NQT since it's my preferred vote. Idk who I'm supposed to Vig if not 4mask though. I'm going to need a viable second option if you want to keep him alive Jim.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: March 29, 2022, 11:51:48 pm »

I'm fairly convinced Webadict would not give mafia a free vig shot, they'd have to at least work for it. I've made hissy fits about mafia recruiting vigs which I'm sure haven't gone unnoticed. Under this context seems more reasonable.

It's been confirmed now more or less that Roden didn't attempt to fire it last night, so at least that much is true. Maybe mafia!Roden holds onto the shot, but now he's being forced to fire tonight either way, ruining the ability to use it for lylo.

I understand more why'd you want 4mask alive since you have him on a leash, but I don't like this scenario because it loses to exactly you and 4mask being mafia together, which I consider a small possibility.

You don't seem extremely upset if 4mask dies plus I townread you, but I find 4mask extremely suspicious.

I still think the mafia are just 4mask and NQT.

I'm not sure what you can say for me to vote NQT instead though.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: March 29, 2022, 11:54:23 pm »

That previous post was directed at Jim.

Also if Roden is mafia it's not with NQT or he'd want to vote 4mask instead here. Don't really need to mind game anything there.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: March 30, 2022, 12:12:56 am »

I'm still voting NQT since it's my preferred vote. Idk who I'm supposed to Vig if not 4mask though. I'm going to need a viable second option if you want to keep him alive Jim.
If NQT flips town I'm pretty lost, 4mask would be the best choice but it still leaves me uncomfortable to some things.
If NQT flips mafia I'd shoot 4mask. This won't whiff.

If 4mask flips town then I would shoot Jack actually, if that's also a whiff then look into NQT.
If 4mask flips mafia I would shoot NQT and if that's a whiff we'd look at Jim and go from there.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: March 30, 2022, 12:48:22 am »

I GUESS I CAN'T ASK YOU TO SHOOT YOURSELF.

I'LL DO THE SAME THING TOONY DID.

NQT FLIPS TOWN, I SHOOT MAXIMUM SPIN.
NQT FLIPS SCUM, I ACTUALLY PROBABLY SHOOT 4MASKWOLF HERE.
4MASKWOLF FLIPS TOWN, I SHOOT NQT.
4MASKWOLF FLIPS SCUM, I SHOOT NQT OR MAXIMUM SPIN.

IF NQT DIES, TOWN OR SCUM, DO YOU SHOOT 4MASKWOLF?

You don't seem extremely upset if 4mask dies plus I townread you, but I find 4mask extremely suspicious.

I'M WEAK TO PARANOIA, ESPECIALLY IN THIS GAME WHERE I'M FINDING IT DIFFICULT TO GET TRACTION ON WHO THE SCUM TEAM ACTUALLY IS.

PRETTY PLEASE?

IT'D BE FUNNY IF IT IS NQT AND 4MASKWOLF SINCE IF NQT DIES THEN 4MASKWOLF HAS TO GET THROUGH A NIGHT 2 UNDER REALLY TERRIBLE CIRCUMSTANCES?

I DUNNO MAN.

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: March 30, 2022, 12:53:08 am »

There's a massive problem if me/NQT/4mask all flip town. I won't be around to deal with it unless the mafia team really want to keep me around for a worst case scenario ELO. But even then, mafia don't have any other viable NK targets. I'm fairly certain if anyone besides me dies tonight, it rules out most potential teams. I'm pretty sure they want to kill Tric if possible, but Toony has him covered with the bus swapping.

Worst case scenario where me/NQT/4mask all flip town:
-If Jack or Jim die and flip town before a 5p ELO, the team is just Max/Toony.
-Vice versa if one of Max or Toony die and flip town.

So...I think this game should be solved no matter what happens, right? Even ignoring potential mech solves, nobody else seems like they could be partnered from interactions. I think we're only fucked if Toony is a Bulletproof Godfather Bus Driver or something equally bonkers like that.

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: March 30, 2022, 12:56:14 am »

I GUESS I CAN'T ASK YOU TO SHOOT YOURSELF.

I'LL DO THE SAME THING TOONY DID.

NQT FLIPS TOWN, I SHOOT MAXIMUM SPIN.
NQT FLIPS SCUM, I ACTUALLY PROBABLY SHOOT 4MASKWOLF HERE.
4MASKWOLF FLIPS TOWN, I SHOOT NQT.
4MASKWOLF FLIPS SCUM, I SHOOT NQT OR MAXIMUM SPIN.

IF NQT DIES, TOWN OR SCUM, DO YOU SHOOT 4MASKWOLF?

I'M WEAK TO PARANOIA, ESPECIALLY IN THIS GAME WHERE I'M FINDING IT DIFFICULT TO GET TRACTION ON WHO THE SCUM TEAM ACTUALLY IS.

PRETTY PLEASE?

IT'D BE FUNNY IF IT IS NQT AND 4MASKWOLF SINCE IF NQT DIES THEN 4MASKWOLF HAS TO GET THROUGH A NIGHT 2 UNDER REALLY TERRIBLE CIRCUMSTANCES?

I DUNNO MAN.
Max is our Cop though. I'd do it if I was a Loyal Vig, but that seems like such a massive risk. I think I want to hear from 4mask and Max about this. I especially want to know who Max intends to target tonight.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: March 30, 2022, 01:17:05 am »

Max is our Cop though. I'd do it if I was a Loyal Vig, but that seems like such a massive risk. I think I want to hear from 4mask and Max about this. I especially want to know who Max intends to target tonight.

MAXIMUM SPIN IS RUNNING OUT OF UTILITY FOR BEING A COP. CONSIDER HIS OPTIONS:

4MASKWOLF
EUCHREJACK - MILLER/UNTARGETABLE
JIM GROOVESTER - MILLER
NOTQUITETHERE
RODEN - MILLER
TOONYMAN - N1 TOWN
TRICMAGIC - OBVTOWN

THE TWO MEANINGFUL REMAINING OPTIONS ARE NOTQUITETHERE AND 4MASKWOLF WHO EVERYBODY WANTS TO SOLVE SOON ANYWAY.

I MEAN MAYBE HE DOESN'T THINK TRICMAGIC IS OBVTOWN, BUT REGARDLESS HE'S RUNNING OUT OF STUFF TO DO.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: March 30, 2022, 02:42:24 am »

MAXIMUM SPIN IS RUNNING OUT OF UTILITY FOR BEING A COP. CONSIDER HIS OPTIONS:

4MASKWOLF
EUCHREJACK - MILLER/UNTARGETABLE
JIM GROOVESTER - MILLER
NOTQUITETHERE
RODEN - MILLER
TOONYMAN - N1 TOWN
TRICMAGIC - OBVTOWN

THE TWO MEANINGFUL REMAINING OPTIONS ARE NOTQUITETHERE AND 4MASKWOLF WHO EVERYBODY WANTS TO SOLVE SOON ANYWAY.

I MEAN MAYBE HE DOESN'T THINK TRICMAGIC IS OBVTOWN, BUT REGARDLESS HE'S RUNNING OUT OF STUFF TO DO.
Not as much as you think.
And don't forget that I can get roles too. Not super useful, but a little useful, and once I get someone's role I can get the alignment for free later too.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: March 30, 2022, 02:58:17 am »

I don't like assertions of the form "if X is town, the team is Y and Z" unless I made them, because it reads like setting up your next two mislynches. I like them even less when I am Y.

Look, ToonyMan is maybe a godfather, but I'm definitely not teamed with him. I wouldn't be distancing so hard to say "actually I'm not convinced my result was even right, maybe he's just a godfather" FROM THE START if I was, probably.

... you know, I think we have to lynch a miller today. Unvote.
If not, it will be impossible to figure out the true answer if we lynch town.
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 75