Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 23

Author Topic: DEEP SPACE: Space vampires and work safety  (Read 35537 times)

m1895

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DEEP SPACE
« Reply #225 on: April 14, 2022, 11:17:42 am »

"try not to burn what's inside the box too much."
Jim will step aside and scrounge a safe distance away until Hardberger has finished.
Spoiler: Jim (click to show/hide)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: DEEP SPACE: Space vampires and work safety
« Reply #226 on: April 14, 2022, 07:26:44 pm »

"Hey good job catching that thing, so what we doing now?"
"Opening a present, apparently."

Give a shipping container a few bat-thwacks, and otherwise experiment with trying to damage or craft the material into something else.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: April 14, 2022, 07:28:45 pm »

"Pieces are worth money too."

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #228 on: April 18, 2022, 02:23:07 pm »

Shoot the murder-box

"Step away from the murder box."

[4]
Once everyone is out of the way you step forward and take aim at the box. You're  attempting to slice off just the corner of the box, enough to peek in and see what is inside. You squeeze the trigger and slowly sweep the beam onto the box. The tight red beam of laser light bursts into a hazy red ball as every photon which strikes the box rebounds off in a different direction. This image, of that glowing ball, is the last thing you see as several billion stray photons bathe  your retina. You release the trigger and stumble back, that image of the red ball seared into your eyes, a hazy double image which seems to block out most of the world. Even when you close your eyes, you still see that flash of red.

[Roll actions requiring vision at disadvantage]

Stick with the group and keep my therma-ray at the ready.
Bob leans against a sturdy looking box, holding his therma-ray with one hand. He keeps an eye on the team as best he can from his position but doesn't bother to move much if someone wanders out of his line of sight. He does notice Max blind himself, but thats not really a problem that a therma-ray can fix.

"try not to burn what's inside the box too much."
Jim will step aside and scrounge a safe distance away until Hardberger has finished.
[4]
You uncover some sort of complex mechanical piece. Looks like a spare part for something, though you're not really sure what.

"Opening a present, apparently."

Give a shipping container a few bat-thwacks, and otherwise experiment with trying to damage or craft the material into something else.

[1][-6 HP]
You square up next to a shipping container, spit on your hands, and wind up. You give the box as hard of a thwack with the bat as you can manage. The bat strikes the metal and rebounds off it, the fluid inside distorting oddly. The force of the rebound swings you around, vibrates every bone in your body, bounces the bat off your right shoulder, and throws you to the ground. The entire world seems to be vibrating as you lay on the floor, your arms completely numb.

"How much did it cost you to make that thing?"

Well, wear the suit and proceed through the airlock for meeting with mr plasma.

Spoiler: Xeriay (click to show/hide)
The man fails to hear your question the first 3 times, but on the fourth he gives you a long and quite tedious breakdown of exactly how much each part cost, what it does, and how ingenious it is. [4, Knowledge leveled up] You listen rather bored, through the entire thing up until he starts talking about the radiation shielding.  You stop him and tell him to go back, and after a few more tries he does. You point out that what he's saying doesn't seem to make sense: that it will likely cause more harm than good as it traps more ambient radiation and reflects it around in the suit. The man starts to argue, stops, and then strokes his chin. He walks over to the suit and pulls it open, examining the inside and furrowing his brow. Eventually he turns, hands you the 500 credits, and thanks you for pointing out the error. The suit will have to be reconfigured before it can be tested.  He offers to let you test the reconfigured suit and to check their work for them, for another 500 credits of course.

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
  • The dark Knight of Eternity
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: April 18, 2022, 08:00:05 pm »

look for loot.  follow team. 
We're talking about partially sapient undead spaghetti here, you can probably instruct it to only strangle specific diners.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: April 19, 2022, 03:31:57 am »

"So I'm gonna go back to looting if anyone cares."
Go back to looting, but be careful of anything that looks hostile or deadly.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: April 19, 2022, 09:41:22 am »

"Aren't you full up on stuff?  I can't do any more cover."

Move back to the boat and wait out the laser-blindness.

Spoiler: Maxwell (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 19, 2022, 08:13:40 pm by Devastator »

m1895

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: April 19, 2022, 01:12:26 pm »

"Huh, alright let's head back soonish, before we all find a way to cripple ourselves."
Jim will put the mechanical gizmo in the specimen container, or if it won't fit just leave it on the raft. Then he'll grab the  box and also put it in the raft

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: April 20, 2022, 02:03:38 am »

"Figured I might as well grab what I could while we were still here, also it's better than standing around."
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: April 20, 2022, 01:04:51 pm »

"Eh, why not?"

Drag Kander out from wherever he's hiding to examine the modified suit. He has d8 Kno.

Spoiler: Xeriay (click to show/hide)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: April 20, 2022, 11:25:58 pm »

"Blegh, might be a good time to call it. We appear to be gathering more injuries than treasures."

He glances over everyone else almost... hungrily.

"Say, uh... anyone got more blood than they need? I have a medical condition, you see..."

Head back to boat, leave if everyone else does.

Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: April 21, 2022, 12:05:39 am »

"You got money?  I'll try anything once."

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: DERP SPOOS
« Reply #237 on: April 21, 2022, 09:13:52 am »

Wake up from old man napping and help inspect the suit.

Heal by 1 each turn.
Spoiler: Kander (click to show/hide)

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: April 21, 2022, 02:05:07 pm »

"...you ever feel like the universe forgot what gender you are? No, just me?"

Head back to the boat with gambatta and the others. Keep an eye out for potential trouble/nasties.

Spoiler: Hlaine (click to show/hide)

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: April 21, 2022, 03:12:28 pm »

"Never been one for randomly searching through unsecured crates the risk is very often not worth the potential reward."

After giving a small chuckle over the guy who blinded himself head to the ship

Spoiler: Steve Goldwin (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 23