Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 23

Author Topic: DEEP SPACE: Space vampires and work safety  (Read 35564 times)

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DEEP SPACE: Space vampires and work safety
« Reply #210 on: April 09, 2022, 01:52:44 pm »

"You guys ready to cut out, sell the loot, and head back?  I think these boxes are cursed."

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
Re: DEEP SPACE
« Reply #211 on: April 09, 2022, 01:57:33 pm »

"Compatriots I'm pretty sure we are being watch- oh how unfortunate... hasn't anyone ever told you to not touch mutagen bare handed?."

Just stare in awe at the ignorance of Gambatta

Spoiler: Steve Goldwin (click to show/hide)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: April 09, 2022, 01:59:26 pm »

"This," Gambatta rasps. "This is why I couldn't do this before retirement. Gyahahaha!"

His laugh sounds a little more ominous than before.

"You guys ready to cut out, sell the loot, and head back?  I think these boxes are cursed."
"I can't carry any more, so aside from trying to capture something in my autocage I've no further benefit from staying."

He glances at Jim's sprawled out form.

"I wouldn't object to dragging him to a doctor either. But there's only one boat, and we came to party, so I don't feel comfortable cutting the spoils of others short."

He turns to look expectantly at the other members of the boat club.

"Compatriots I'm pretty sure we are being watch- oh how unfortunate... hasn't anyone ever told you to not touch mutagen bare handed?."

"Gyahaha, apparently not! I'd look into some gloves when we get back, but," he wiggles his clawed fingers, "I seem to be stuck making a fashion statement!"

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: April 09, 2022, 03:53:32 pm »

"Gyahaha, apparently not! I'd look into some gloves when we get back, but," he wiggles his clawed fingers, "I seem to be stuck making a fashion statement!"

"Ah right... well uhm anyway as I was saying I saw some micro robots while I was looking around that scattered away upon realizing I noticed them everyone should keep their guard up cause I'm confident we are being actively surveyed by the robotic creatures around this area."

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: April 10, 2022, 03:22:22 am »

"Note to self don't grab containers with weird green stuff inside."
Stay near the group and see if I can't find any of those roboanimals nearby that are damaged.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

m1895

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: April 10, 2022, 09:26:11 am »

"agh, I'm fine, I'm fine." Jim says as he shakily rises to his feet "might as well search a bit more. 'Sides, we can pile up any excess in the raft, though uh, probably shouldn't leave any mutagen loose. Unless someone wants to test if it gives the same mutation every time."

Jim will Search through the now much stabler pile of cargo. the cube that conked him on the head good quality metal?
Spoiler: Jim (click to show/hide)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: April 10, 2022, 03:42:41 pm »

"Well you heard the man, let's keep lootin'! Gyahahahaha!"

Look for creatures to stuff into my autocage with Hobo Bob.

Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: April 10, 2022, 03:49:09 pm »

Do the thing! Put my young and healthy body at risk for profit!

Spoiler: Xeriay (click to show/hide)

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
  • The dark Knight of Eternity
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: April 10, 2022, 03:50:37 pm »

"i would like to stay as well" 
keep looting and following the group. 

((@ Piecewise, where are you getting the mutations?  or are you just making them up?))
We're talking about partially sapient undead spaghetti here, you can probably instruct it to only strangle specific diners.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: April 11, 2022, 02:23:08 pm »

((sorry for not posting, things got nice and hectic at work so I've been kind of out of it))

Hlaine wakes up from his stupor, looking around.

"I really need to stop doing that, every time I blink I'm in an entirely different place."

Get my bearings, then help Gambatta look for creatures to stuff in his autocage

Spoiler: Hlaine (click to show/hide)

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: April 13, 2022, 10:34:11 pm »

Continue standing watch with my death ray.

Spoiler: Maxwell Hardberger (click to show/hide)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #221 on: April 13, 2022, 11:41:13 pm »

Do the thing! Put my young and healthy body at risk for profit!

Kander is apparently too busy contemplating the scantily clad dance troupe that just took the stage to help with the job, so Xeriay heads off on her own. She walks out of the Pilot Light and round to the building they saw earlier. In comparison to the large metal works and power plants next to it the "Solar Brotherhood" building is almost comically small, wedged wall to wall against its neighbors. Its elaborate "Cloister of the Solar Brotherhood" sign is too large for the front of the building, its edges encroaching on the neighboring buildings. When Xeriay knocks the door immediately swings open with such speed and force she only barely manages to avoid being hit.

A panting man in a reflective heat suit is holding the door open, looking at Xeriay with apparent eager confusion. His face is bright red, apparently sunburnt, and his eyes are hidden behind heavy black goggles.

"WHO ARE..." he starts, and then takes his goggles off.  He stares with eyes already partially cataracted despite him being in his early 40's.  A closer look reveals tell tale signs. Hair loss. Skin sores. Blotchy coloration. This is a man who has been exposed to radiation for a long period.  Xeriay carefully hands him the work order and he brings it close to his face to squint at it.

"AH! FOR THE HEAT SUIT! WONDERFUL! THIS WAY THIS WAY!" The man shouts. His hearing is apparently not great either since his shouting is monotonous, neither excited nor angry.

You follow him into the building, over and around stacks of heat resistant fabric, old space suits, scattered tools, straining work tables and other men like him. He leads you straight to the back of the house where an airlock has been crudely welded into the wall.  Next to the airlock is another heat suit, though this one looks fairly different from the ones everyone else are wearing. While the others are the standard bulky silver things with helmets something like a welding visor this one is more like a space suit. Its sealed, has its own air supply, a fishbowl helmet that's apparently solid black, and what look like armor plates made out if heat sinks.

"WE JUST NEED YOU TO WEAR THAT AND THEN GO CONVERSE WITH THE PLASMA MEN!"  The man says, pointing at the  suit and then staring at Xeriay expectantly, as though everything he said made perfect sense.

"Note to self don't grab containers with weird green stuff inside."
Stay near the group and see if I can't find any of those roboanimals nearby that are damaged.
"agh, I'm fine, I'm fine." Jim says as he shakily rises to his feet "might as well search a bit more. 'Sides, we can pile up any excess in the raft, though uh, probably shouldn't leave any mutagen loose. Unless someone wants to test if it gives the same mutation every time."

Jim will Search through the now much stabler pile of cargo. the cube that conked him on the head good quality metal?
Spoiler: Jim (click to show/hide)
"Well you heard the man, let's keep lootin'! Gyahahahaha!"

Look for creatures to stuff into my autocage with Hobo Bob.

"i would like to stay as well" 
keep looting and following the group. 

((@ Piecewise, where are you getting the mutations?  or are you just making them up?))
((sorry for not posting, things got nice and hectic at work so I've been kind of out of it))

Hlaine wakes up from his stupor, looking around.

"I really need to stop doing that, every time I blink I'm in an entirely different place."

Get my bearings, then help Gambatta look for creatures to stuff in his autocage

Spoiler: Hlaine (click to show/hide)
Continue standing watch with my death ray.

Spoiler: Maxwell Hardberger (click to show/hide)
(@Blackpaladin, I've got lots of self made roll charts for lots of things.)
Bob[7] Gambatta [6, level up perception] Hlaine [4]
Anton [8] Jim [5][6 level up knowledge]
Bob, a still slightly shaky Gambatta, and a mildly confused Hlaine go in search of a robotic animal. They have their minds set on something small enough to stuff inside Gambatta's autocage so they spend their time scrambling through tight spaces and checking under debris. After a short search they come across a swarm of what look, vaguely, like horseshoe crabs crossed with vacuum cleaners. These squat, six legged robots are scurrying across the boxes and gobbling up any bits of filth they find with spinning brush mouths. Their segmented, semicircular bodies make a rapid clicking noise as they move. 
Hlaine [8, speed level up]
After a few minutes of stalking and planning the group chooses Hlaine to try and grab a Vacrab. She slowly crawls towards the swarm and then, when she's about 10 feet from them, leaps up and charges in. She does a diving grab and scoops up one of the drones from the periphery of the swarm, catching it by the edges of one of its shell plates and lifting it over her head as the rest scatter. Triumphantly she carries the squirming robo-critter back to the other two and dumps it into the autocage.

Meanwhile Anton and Jim continue to loot. Anton uncovers what he thinks might be a mechanical heart of some kind. Its some kind of complex looking cluster of tubes and valves floating in a clear liquid, all contained in a plastic sack.  He as no idea exactly what it does...but it looks expensive. Jim investigates the now settled pile that almost murdered him, specifically the box that fell on his head. The box itself does actually seem like its made of pretty good materials. He notices it has a circular nub on it. Perhaps a lock? There's a small rectangular hole which seems like it would accept a key? Or something like it.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: April 14, 2022, 03:10:27 am »

"Hey good job catching that thing, so what we doing now?"
Stick with the group and keep my therma-ray at the ready.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: April 14, 2022, 03:18:49 am »

Shoot the murder-box

"Step away from the murder box."

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: April 14, 2022, 06:06:17 am »

"How much did it cost you to make that thing?"

Well, wear the suit and proceed through the airlock for meeting with mr plasma.

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 23