Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 23

Author Topic: DEEP SPACE: Space vampires and work safety  (Read 35602 times)

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: DERP SPOOS
« Reply #150 on: March 13, 2022, 01:05:02 am »

"Perhaps, Xeriay.  This creature is wounded, however, and not expecting more hunters.  Besides, a proper reward would be appreciated.  Let's decide after we tally these guys' gear."

Go over the bodies' equipment with Terra, particularly searching for anything that could give us any more info about the bug they were hunting.  Any journals or notes or anything like that.

Spoiler: Kander (click to show/hide)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DEEP SPACE
« Reply #151 on: March 13, 2022, 03:27:25 am »

"Thanks for getting me out of that hole, this island seems to be more dangerous than it appears."
Carefully look around the island for some rope and a hook like thing, also if people want to leave the island I'll go with them.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

m1895

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: March 14, 2022, 03:05:01 pm »

"Everyone's got their own racket, me? I'm cataloging the various flora and fauna in my logbook. That guy found some glowy thingy, and the guys over there seem to be looking for a safe way off the island."
Jim will fire off a filament parallel and beside the one leading down to the island. Then he'll head over to the dudes by the raft and have his own lookover
Spoiler: Jim (click to show/hide)

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: March 14, 2022, 03:55:11 pm »

"..."

Continue following no need to stand out at the moment.

Spoiler: Steve Goldwin (click to show/hide)

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: March 15, 2022, 10:10:19 pm »

"I kinda want a peek further down before we head back up."

Head over to the edge, and use the Death Ray to carve out some kind of safe landing.

Spoiler: Maxwell Hardberger (click to show/hide)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #155 on: March 16, 2022, 01:18:51 pm »

Quickly gather and tally all the belongings of the deceased hunters.
Spoiler: Terra (click to show/hide)
"Perhaps, Xeriay.  This creature is wounded, however, and not expecting more hunters.  Besides, a proper reward would be appreciated.  Let's decide after we tally these guys' gear."

Go over the bodies' equipment with Terra, particularly searching for anything that could give us any more info about the bug they were hunting.  Any journals or notes or anything like that.

"..."

Continue following no need to stand out at the moment.

Spoiler: Steve Goldwin (click to show/hide)
[2]
Terra and Kander search the bodies for anything valuable. Kander specifically searches for more documents or information regarding their quarry but finds nothing. Once they've got everything out of pockets and bags they array it out on the sand and begin doing a tally. In the end, they find the following

1 Autoharness.
3 Specimen Containers
1 Arclamp
2 Industrial Tunics
5 Bait
1 Stimulant
2 Biogel
1 Liquidoplas Bomb
2 Whistles
1 Death ray
1 Galactic Slugger
1 Compression blaster loaded with what looks like gasoline.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Join the people looking for a way off.  Are there any valuable metals or something like that around?

“What are we here for?

[1]
You join the rest in searching for a viable way off the island. Though, honestly, you're more focused on looking for scrap or anything of value. As you wander the edge of the island you notice something glowing faintly in the sludge near the shore. Thinking it might be valuable, you walk a little ways towards it, wading out into the sludge maybe shin deep. You squint at the glowing thing, trying to see what it is. And then it moves. Sinuous tentacles burst from the sludge and reach for you, coiling towards your throat.
[8] Level up Speed, [4]
You duck the lashing tentacles and backpedal rapidly to the shore, firing your therma-ray as you do. [1. 29/30 hp] Packets of scalding red heat strike the surface of the sludge and cause popping explosions as the upper layer of sludge flash boils.  The tentacled creature must surely have been hurt by at least one shot, but it shows no sign of it as it cases after you a slow lunging advance.

"I kinda want a peek further down before we head back up."

Head over to the edge, and use the Death Ray to carve out some kind of safe landing.

[2]
You walk over near the piece of wreckage people are considering using as a boat and try to carve a safe landing space with the Death ray. Unfortunately instead of making clean and effective cuts, the cuts it makes almost immediately close up as molten sand and bubbling sludge stream back into the thin cut and solidify.  After a few tries of this you give up and simply try to clear as much space as you can and stamp down a flat landing area, checking to make sure there are no unfortunate sinkholes waiting to swallow anyone landing there.

"Everyone's got their own racket, me? I'm cataloging the various flora and fauna in my logbook. That guy found some glowy thingy, and the guys over there seem to be looking for a safe way off the island."
Jim will fire off a filament parallel and beside the one leading down to the island. Then he'll head over to the dudes by the raft and have his own lookover
[6]
You wander over to the first filament line used to get down here and fire another to match, aiming for them both to run parallel like a set of train tracks. You get it pretty much right and the two filaments are aligned almost perfectly side by side.  That done, you head over to the raft. Or rather the junk that would be a raft.
"Thanks for getting me out of that hole, this island seems to be more dangerous than it appears."
Carefully look around the island for some rope and a hook like thing, also if people want to leave the island I'll go with them.
[8] Perception level up.
You search the island for some rope and a hook. You can't find a hook but you do manage to find maybe 50 feet of metal cable laying hidden in the sand.

The group, working together, manages to get the satellite dish out of the debris it is siting in and set it up on the landing which Max has constructed for them.  Careful preliminary testing shows it to be water...well sludge proof. Further tests show it can hold the weight of about 4 people without sinking too dangerously low, even when factoring in the shifting and movement of the sludge and those inside. In theory it seems like it could hold up to 6 or so but it would need to be moved extremely carefully to prevent the sludge from sloshing over the edge and into the bowl. Further tests with jury-rigged paddles and rods  as well as filament lines show that the easiest method of moving the little boat would be to fire off a horizontal filament line and then have the occupants of the boat drag themselves along using that line. This limited the boat's movement to those lines, but was substantially easier and more stable than rowing.

The considerations for crossing continue until they notice that one of their members is being attacked by a giant squid or something of that nature.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: DERP SPOOS
« Reply #156 on: March 16, 2022, 03:15:56 pm »

"...Well, now.  This is quite the haul.  It'll be difficult to carry all this equipment back, even without risking ourselves fighting the bug, or getting more loot off of it.  In light of that, I think we should head back now.  What say all of you?"

Take an industrial tunic and wear it.  Take the arclamp, bait, stimulant, and whistles, then store them all in the autocage.  Take the liquidoplas bomb, stacking it with the one Kander already carries.  I'd like if you confirmed that Kander's inventory is legal--I already edited this into the sheet.

Strongly nudge Xeriay towards grabbing the death ray, and Steve towards taking the specimen containers.

Quote from: Remaining lootables
1 Autoharness.
3 Specimen Containers
1 Industrial Tunic
2 Biogel
1 Death ray
1 Galactic Slugger
1 Compression blaster loaded with what looks like gasoline.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: March 16, 2022, 06:22:41 pm »

I'm already 8/8, biogels don't stack.

m1895

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: March 16, 2022, 10:36:06 pm »

"New guy you really got to stop trying to get killed."
Jim will shoot the squid-thing with his therma-ray
[/quote]

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: March 17, 2022, 03:44:43 am »

"Hey guys I found a bunch of cabling do you think it'll be needed for the boat?"
Go aid the guys fighting the squid thing with my own therma-ray.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
  • The dark Knight of Eternity
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: March 17, 2022, 01:55:49 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Blast with therma ray.  If it gets within range, punch it with my martial arts fist attack.  Claim galactic slugger, biofuels, and an industrial tunic.

“GUYS!  THERESA HOSTILE MUTANT THING OVER HERE!!!!
« Last Edit: March 18, 2022, 07:51:36 am by BlackPaladin99 »
We're talking about partially sapient undead spaghetti here, you can probably instruct it to only strangle specific diners.

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: March 17, 2022, 05:14:52 pm »

Take a biogel to replace the one I used.
Spoiler: Terra (click to show/hide)
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: March 17, 2022, 06:35:23 pm »

"Sorry bout that, I snoozed off there for a second. Is that squid supposed to be so big and aggressive, by the way?"

Go help fight the squid. Keep my distance and try to take a shot at it with my therma ray

Spoiler: Hlaine (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 19, 2022, 10:08:30 am by Pancaek »

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: March 17, 2022, 10:12:12 pm »

Death ray the giant monster

"Yaaaaaa!"

m1895

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: March 18, 2022, 01:32:19 am »

"Sorry bout that, I snoozed off there for a second. Is that squid supposed to be so big and aggressive, by the way?"
"looks like an ambush predator, so probably."
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 23