Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 23

Author Topic: DEEP SPACE: Space vampires and work safety  (Read 35596 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
Re: DEEP SPACE
« Reply #165 on: March 18, 2022, 01:57:25 am »

Drop my dinky thermaray for the death gun.

Spoiler: Xeriay (click to show/hide)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #166 on: March 20, 2022, 07:05:55 pm »

"...Well, now.  This is quite the haul.  It'll be difficult to carry all this equipment back, even without risking ourselves fighting the bug, or getting more loot off of it.  In light of that, I think we should head back now.  What say all of you?"

Take an industrial tunic and wear it.  Take the arclamp, bait, stimulant, and whistles, then store them all in the autocage.  Take the liquidoplas bomb, stacking it with the one Kander already carries.  I'd like if you confirmed that Kander's inventory is legal--I already edited this into the sheet.

Strongly nudge Xeriay towards grabbing the death ray, and Steve towards taking the specimen containers.

Quote from: Remaining lootables
1 Autoharness.
3 Specimen Containers
1 Industrial Tunic
2 Biogel
1 Death ray
1 Galactic Slugger
1 Compression blaster loaded with what looks like gasoline.

Spoiler: Kander (click to show/hide)
Your inventory is currently legal. The autocage isn't considered "Held" as it follows you around. The bombs don't stack though. They're a bit too big for it.

Take a biogel to replace the one I used.
Spoiler: Terra (click to show/hide)
Done.

Drop my dinky thermaray for the death gun.

Done. The death ray does feel much more weighty and powerful in your hands. More able to crush your enemies. Or rather, to cut them into multiple steaming chunks.

"New guy you really got to stop trying to get killed."
Jim will shoot the squid-thing with his therma-ray
Spoiler: Jim (click to show/hide)

"Hey guys I found a bunch of cabling do you think it'll be needed for the boat?"
Go aid the guys fighting the squid thing with my own therma-ray.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Blast with therma ray.  If it gets within range, punch it with my martial arts fist attack.  Claim galactic slugger, biofuels, and an industrial tunic.

“GUYS!  THERESA HOSTILE MUTANT THING OVER HERE!!!!
(The group that just found stuff isn't the group you're with. They're still up on the surface.)
"Sorry bout that, I snoozed off there for a second. Is that squid supposed to be so big and aggressive, by the way?"

Go help fight the squid. Keep my distance and try to take a shot at it with my therma ray

Spoiler: Hlaine (click to show/hide)
Death ray the giant monster

"Yaaaaaa!"

Spoiler: Maxwell Hardberger (click to show/hide)
[8][1][6][1][4]
Jim, Bob, Hlaine, and Maxwell all swarm across the island, scrambling over the uneven metal surface until they get Anton and his attacker in view. Anton, along with Hlaine, Bob and Jim all unleash rapid volley's of therma-ray fire, pelting the exposed tentacles and the surface of the sludge with packets of heat. Max shoulders his rifle and presses the trigger, sweeping the resulting beam of bright red light back and forth across the alien limbs and the sludge around them. For the first several seconds everything seems to be going perfectly fine; the alien sludge beast's rubbery flesh boils and bursts with purplish gore as the therma rays hit, before one of its tentacles is hacked clean through by the Death Ray. And then, under the onslaught of heat and concentrated energy, the sludge catches fire.  That fire, a horrendous yellow-green blaze, spreads out within a fraction of a second, covering an area 10 feet in diameter over the sludge beast and right up to the shore. It burns for about another half second, and then the surface of the sludge swells into a flaming bubble and bursts like a napalm hand grenade.

[5][5][3][6](Hlaine speed up)[7][-5 HP Anton]
Everyone scrambles wildly from the splatter of flaming toxic waste, diving behind  pipes and scrap. Anton, the one closest to the blast, is the only one who gets splattered with any of the burning chemicals, which scorch small craters in the flesh of his shoulders and arms, scouring small marks on his helmet as well. After a few moments the group peeks from its hiding places and surveys the scene.

The sludge beast is well and truly dead: the sludge detonated directly on top of it after all. Bits of tentacle and other flesh is floating here and there, still burning with odd colored flames. A huge serrated beak, like a bear trap made of bone and flesh, lays on the beach, trailing part of a digestive tract.  The sludge bubbles and burps flame a few more times before finally extinguishing itself.

m1895

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: March 20, 2022, 08:01:40 pm »

"so uh, whatsyername, what led up to you being attacked?"
Jim note whatever Anton tells him in the log book, before sketching down what he can of the creatures anatomy. What was the size of it?

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: March 21, 2022, 01:55:37 am »

"Well I for one was not expecting it to explode, anybody get hurt by that?"
Carefully search the island for anything interesting while waiting for people to take the boat to distant shores.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
  • The dark Knight of Eternity
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: March 21, 2022, 08:15:34 pm »

keep following the group and looking for valuables.

"i was looking for valuables, wading a little into the sludge, when the mutant? attacked me.

We're talking about partially sapient undead spaghetti here, you can probably instruct it to only strangle specific diners.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: DERP SPOOS
« Reply #170 on: March 23, 2022, 07:57:31 am »

Put the biogel into the autocage, along with Kander's arclamp, logbook, and oxygen mask.  If they don't fit... drop them.  They're worth substantially less than the loot.  Take the compression blaster, autoharness, and industrial tunic (filling the freed inventory spaces).

Then head back to town.  We don't even have enough inventory space for this loot, going and hunting a bug when we can't carry anything more seems foolish.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: March 23, 2022, 01:33:18 pm »

See if the beak is small enough to carry with me.

Then keep an eye out for trouble.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: March 23, 2022, 09:51:25 pm »

"How we gonna split all this money?"

Get the boat ready to go, by shooting a line back to 'shore' such that the wreckage piece can be used as a line.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: March 23, 2022, 10:11:11 pm »

Mh. Give Kandar one of my biogel and wear the new autoharness.
I mean, not like having an extra heal will help if I fall from far enough.

Then go back to the camp. To the market so that we can sell extra equipment.

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: March 23, 2022, 11:28:46 pm »

Head back with the rest of the group.
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #175 on: March 24, 2022, 10:55:03 am »

Head back with the rest of the group.
Mh. Give Kandar one of my biogel and wear the new autoharness.
I mean, not like having an extra heal will help if I fall from far enough.

Then go back to the camp. To the market so that we can sell extra equipment.

Put the biogel into the autocage, along with Kander's arclamp, logbook, and oxygen mask.  If they don't fit... drop them.  They're worth substantially less than the loot.  Take the compression blaster, autoharness, and industrial tunic (filling the freed inventory spaces).

Then head back to town.  We don't even have enough inventory space for this loot, going and hunting a bug when we can't carry anything more seems foolish.

Terra, Xeriay and Kander shuffle some items around, eventually having to leave their oxygen mask behind when it wouldn't fit in their autocage. After they have everything carefully packed away they trundle back out of the jungle, loaded down with loot. As they follow a rough path back through the knee high plants on the outskirts of the engine jungle they notice that its starting to get a bit dimmer than before. The red sun is moving ponderously towards the horizon and the burning heat of midday is starting to reduce, just a bit. Thankful for a minor reprieve, they continue hauling their loot through the Shipbreaker's camp and over to the Iron Road. Though its getting later the Iron Road is busier than ever; street side food vendors are filling up with Guild apprentices, locals, and other would be treasure seekers. More of those snake people are coming out now, wrapped in robes and cloth that cover most of their bodies, but leave their many limbs sticking out. One of the snakes is coiled around an enormous Sitar like instrument and is playing an impossible melody with at least 6 hands.

Xeriay immediately begins searching for the best method of reselling the loot, leaving her pack with the other two who simply sit and rest against one of the scrap and concrete buildings. [6] (Xeriay Perception leveled up). She wanders the market for at least an hour, peeking into shops, checking price boards, eavesdropping on other groups at cafes and food stands, and casually talking with vendors. After she thinks she has a full picture of the market, she returns to Terra and Kander. She explains that a lot of what they have to sells is unfortunately quite common. A lot of new arrivals have it, a lot of it ends up back on the market. Vendors will buy it, but not for much. If they want to maximize profits they're better off selling below vendor price to the locals over at the camp to the northwest, or to new arrivals. They'll never get full vendor price BUT if they sell to individuals they could still get 70-80% instead of 50% or worse.

"so uh, whatsyername, what led up to you being attacked?"
Jim note whatever Anton tells him in the log book, before sketching down what he can of the creatures anatomy. What was the size of it?
Jim jots down his best interpretation of the creature from what he saw and what others tell him. Its very much incomplete, but better than nothing.  He estimates the size of the creature at about 30 feet long, if tentacles are included. The main body is still nothing but a guess based on squid and octopi.

"How we gonna split all this money?"

Get the boat ready to go, by shooting a line back to 'shore' such that the wreckage piece can be used as a line.

We'll assume the shot was a success but can you explain what you mean by "Back to Shore"? From the boat back to the pipe island? From the pipe island to the far shore in some direction? From Boat to far shore?

See if the beak is small enough to carry with me.

Then keep an eye out for trouble.

The beak of the creature, once the trailing remnants of the throat are cut away, is about as long as your arm. Wrapped with wire to hold it close and strapped to your pack though, its not too terrible to carry.

keep following the group and looking for valuables.

"i was looking for valuables, wading a little into the sludge, when the mutant? attacked me.

"Well I for one was not expecting it to explode, anybody get hurt by that?"
Carefully search the island for anything interesting while waiting for people to take the boat to distant shores.
[2][7]
Bob continues his losing streak by finding nothing worth taking in his search of the island. Anton, however, does find something. Its a small metal object about the shape and size of a tongue depressor. It has an inscription in an indecipherable alien language on one side and a small square...crystal? On the other with what looks like a droplet of purple fluid suspended within.  There is a small circular hole at the other end, like you'd expect to see for something designed to hang on a keyring or necklace. Its has a solid and very reassuring weight to it and seems important somehow. 

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
  • The dark Knight of Eternity
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: March 24, 2022, 11:13:57 am »

follow the group.  i try to recall what i might have heard about this kind of thing.  then i try putting it on as a ring.  finally, i keep searching for valuables. 
We're talking about partially sapient undead spaghetti here, you can probably instruct it to only strangle specific diners.

m1895

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: March 24, 2022, 07:57:45 pm »

"why don't we lash on some outriggers to stabilize this thing?"
Use filament to lash outriggers on the sides of the raft, attempting to increase the number of people it can carry.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: March 25, 2022, 03:00:20 am »

"why don't we lash on some outriggers to stabilize this thing?"
"I've got some metal cabling you can use to lash them on with."
Go help adding outriggers on the raft, also offer my metal cabling as something to use in this process.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: March 25, 2022, 02:26:40 pm »

"Seems we'll get a good enough price if we head to the other town to the northwest. Or sell to people like us, but I don't see any of 'em around right now."

To wern.. verna... vernier town!

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 23