Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18

Author Topic: GLADIATOR MANAGER  (Read 30371 times)

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
Re: GLADIATOR MANAGER: Miss Scintilla Malison of House Constantine!
« Reply #240 on: December 13, 2022, 04:48:00 am »

Is raptor one dead or not, because one spoiler says it's dead the other doesn't. Need that info so I figure out what I'm doing in the turn.
R1 (alpha) is alive, R2 (beta) is dead. Thanks for that catch. +1 Rapport (11)

Also what's a comic game is that like a ISG?
Long A: (More specific) Well a 'Suggestion Game' is fairly well defined format. They will be Illustrations/Images AKA Comics, the 'I' in ISG. I tend to do player based games though, not the crowd controlled protagonist games (SGs) much. So Illustrated games yes, but ISG specifically? Not primarily.

Short A: (Casually speaking?) Yes.
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: December 13, 2022, 05:40:19 am »

"Holy shit I killed it!"
Bum rush that last raptor an aim to stab it in the neck.

Thanks for that catch. +1 Rapport (11)
Huzza!
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
  • The dark Knight of Eternity
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: December 13, 2022, 11:27:29 am »

whack the remaining one in the head.
We're talking about partially sapient undead spaghetti here, you can probably instruct it to only strangle specific diners.

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: December 15, 2022, 07:00:58 am »

"Haha! Oh what a thrill!"

Head toward the raptor and slash its legs! If able to at least otherwise just head toward the raptor

Horizon

• Bay Watcher
  • hOlY cRaP tHe sUn?
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: December 15, 2022, 08:14:52 pm »

"BLURGURGURGLE" the mentally deficient behemoth, returning to the fight alongside a puny person. Now well rested, Bulk was ready to ea-I mean fight some raptors.

Bulk yanks the nearest tree, hoping to brandish it as a makeshift club. To fight the raptors ofc.
Go and Praise Mitsloe the artist of my avatar!

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #245 on: December 16, 2022, 01:52:18 pm »

Syvarris has stepped away from the role of Gladiator Manager. The position will be open for Chapter 2. I wish them luck cohosting Cure. I'm going to be taking a break from forum games for a couple weeks. For story reasons related to how Syvarris has chosen Scintilla to exit the story, the next manager will by default be an elf.
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

Horizon

• Bay Watcher
  • hOlY cRaP tHe sUn?
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: December 16, 2022, 02:11:41 pm »

Aw, Bulk lost puny friend. Bulk sad. But really that's too bad, understandable but unfortunate. Have a happy holidays tho. :D

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #247 on: December 16, 2022, 02:36:08 pm »

Thank you! :)

Fun bit of trivia... Part 2

(Part 1)

So last time, MURELIOUS confessed they had little to do with actually making the old StarCraft map that inspired this rp campaign, but wished me luck finding them.

Well I did. Sort of...

I brought my findings back to him, since he found the research interesting.

Quote from: R
Integer8  (link to map file)

Quote from: M
?

The Source 2002  You said my hunt was interesting, this is the holy grail.

Ahh integer8 is the name of the person who made it originally! That's fantastic

I just played a few games  it's clunky, but can't deny a lot is there  manager needs to force the gladiators to exit battles  there's no karigan prostitutes to help the manager, but no enemies. there are buildings for challenge battles.  but punching bag barrels, units shop, vaguely general layout is same.  wish you remember exactly what u add  so I could credit u properly

I [can't] remember specifics, but if you credit me with "stat balances and tweaks" that would be more than enough.  If I recall that's most of what I did.

Well, I hope when ur bored u give [Gladiator Manager] a read. It's been a fun roleplaying game adaptation  Dwarf Fortress released a sprite version on steam. If you ever make an account on the forums, come say hi!  as a roleplaying game, I can expand the game a lot. Stuff like more training activities, plotting to escape slavery as an alternate wincon, and just the medium being what it is I can more vividly describe the arena and gladiators and go into more detail out of combat what they get up to.  [There] is one mystery still. Yours is the earliest copy of the map in that layout.  Gladiator RPG III looks vastly different. And other '4's are, well, [newer].  Thanks for being a good sport.

Crazy, don't know how that happened...

To their credit, it seems it was a common practice to replace the previous version's credit with your own, and there's no reason to think that the most recent person before him contributed any more than MURELIOUS himself. Shout out to SSJ4_VEGETA_ACE and SUPER_DRAGONS, some of the contributors to 2 and III respectively.

While I'd love to track down Integer8 and interview them, find out the story behind some of the map's secrets and oddities, unfortunately, although quite fitting, it not likely to be possible. Integer8 is programming jargon. It's "An object holding two 32 bit properties". Because of the prevalence of this term, any usernames baring it would be virtually impossible to track down, and would have a low chance of actually being the same individual. There may be other interesting things to look into, but I believe that's where this trail ends. However bittersweet, I'm glade we can credit the author by the handle for which they wished to be known by.

If you are curious about these maps, I encourage you to purchase StarCraft: Remastered and join the Trigger Happy discord. We are doing a marathon of this series right now, and also play many other masterfully and lovingly built scenarios. One about a Pokemon Trainer and her Pokemon, another about The Thing infiltrating a squad of marines that many would see as a predecessor to Among Us, one where it's dungeon bosses versus heroes, and some other classics from roughly 20 years ago.

These are really special. If you know what MOBAs are they started out as custom maps in StarCraft and Warcraft RTS games, it really took a lot of passion to unlock the limited builders but out of pure magic and force of will, they succeeded in making some great stuff. I'm glad to celibrate this obscure and niche side of gaming in my own way, and I look forward to sharing more of this world with you, after my break!
« Last Edit: December 16, 2022, 11:16:47 pm by RoseHeart »
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: December 17, 2022, 02:37:58 am »

Take as long as you need before you come back.

the next manager will by default be an elf.
Oh god the enemy of all dwarves.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Horizon

• Bay Watcher
  • hOlY cRaP tHe sUn?
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: January 01, 2023, 03:52:23 am »

Errr, are we still doin this?

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #250 on: January 01, 2023, 10:34:22 pm »

Thank you Horizon. It has been two weeks hasn't it? I do feel better, but I am going to stay away for another week to wind down some new hobbies I've been pursuing and make plans for forum games. (If Ohwell manages to take a turn I can get that for the end of the chapter.)
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

Horizon

• Bay Watcher
  • hOlY cRaP tHe sUn?
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: January 01, 2023, 11:49:48 pm »

Oh cool, good to hear you're doing better.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: January 02, 2023, 03:28:07 am »

Hobbies sound exciting no need to rush them on my part.

Horizon

• Bay Watcher
  • hOlY cRaP tHe sUn?
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: January 04, 2023, 10:42:46 am »

In the meantime we gots a riddle to solve!

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #254 on: January 05, 2023, 05:09:02 am »

Greatness942 will be the new gladiator manager.
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18