Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13

Author Topic: Discussion on Word/Letter Games  (Read 16290 times)

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
Re: Discussion on Word/Letter Games
« Reply #135 on: February 08, 2022, 07:05:37 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Love, scriver~

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: February 11, 2022, 07:22:32 pm »

Wordle 237 6/6

Freakin'...

Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: February 13, 2022, 05:30:29 pm »

This is a little bit outside word/letter games, but since I saw this game here first I thought it'd be okay to post a little comment on it.

nerdlegame 19 3/6

⬛🟩⬛⬛⬛⬛🟪🟪
⬛🟩🟩🟩🟪🟩🟪⬛
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

https://nerdlegame.com #nerdle

So this is a neat variant.

I've been enjoying this one more then wordle, probably because it's easier. Todays nerdle was a heck of a thing though and was funny enough I thought I'd mention it.

Spoiler: Todays Nerdle (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 13, 2022, 05:33:38 pm by Criptfeind »

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: February 13, 2022, 05:57:39 pm »

I've been doing my Nerdles without a calculator and it's been a bit of a headache for me... Wordle's much easier for me.

I'm kind of curious about your mode of attack though-- my third line is the same as yours, but the way I went about it, I'd run out of all rational combinations by the 5th attempt.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: February 13, 2022, 06:19:56 pm »

Sure.
Spoiler: my attempt (click to show/hide)

I've been doing my Nerdles without a calculator and it's been a bit of a headache for me... Wordle's much easier for me.

I'm probably just bad with words :P. Well, not probably, I have dysgraphia, I am bad with words. So that might be why Wordle is so hard for me.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2022, 06:22:18 pm by Criptfeind »

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: February 13, 2022, 06:42:08 pm »

Spoiler: my attempt (click to show/hide)

Ooooh, you go for multiply/divide off the top? Interesting. I prefer adding, because... I have fingers!  :D (On a more serious note, I think determining the position of the equals sign acts as an indirect indicator of what kind of operations you're looking at-- a three digit answer is likely to include multiplication; a single digit, division. Two digits, addition/subtraction. I don't know if this is actually correct, but it feels right?)

I'm not too happy with the amount of slack I have in my second row (two zeroes, two multiply), but I didn't see a good way to make it more efficient without staring at it for far too long.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: February 13, 2022, 07:14:31 pm »

I like to get the larger digits out of the way first since... I don't recall my exact reasoning for doing so. I think it was something to do with telling me the likely operations based on my access to large digits and the size of the answer. I guess getting the smaller ones can do so as well in some opposite fashion though probably :P. And this was just the first equation I could think of that gives access to 6 7 8 9.

I think you're probably generally right on the location of the equals sign being important. I don't know for sure but what you said makes sense to me!

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: February 13, 2022, 07:24:02 pm »

And this was just the first equation I could think of that gives access to 6 7 8 9.

98-67=31 if you'd rather use a minus instead of a divide, and test a 1 instead of a 2.

I suspect there's an actual 'best' answer to minimize the amount of waste in the second line, but it's utterly beyond me.

Laterigrade

• Bay Watcher
  • Is that a crab with
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: February 13, 2022, 07:53:18 pm »

There’s an app called Letterpress, which is a pretty good word game, although it’s two players against each other, which may not be to the people of this thread’s taste. It’s on both the Apple and the Google Play stores, I believe, and it’s free.
and the quadriplegic toothless vampire killed me effortlessly after that
bool IsARealBoy = false
dropping clothes to pick up armor and then dropping armor to pick up clothes like some sort of cyclical forever-striptease
if a year passes, add one to age; social experiment

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: February 14, 2022, 05:14:45 am »

Wordle -- i fuckin hate dubble letters

Love, scriver~

Uristides

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: February 14, 2022, 01:56:41 pm »

Wow, today's word really caught me off-guard

Also, since we've started branching out to other games as the wordle hype dies down, I think this is the perfect thread to plug CodyCross. It's a crosswords variant for android(and I think iOS too, but not sure) and it's terribly addictive, it's also available on lots of languages so it's nice to use as study tool.

The only downside is that it has become kinda bloated throughout the years. I think the devs noticed that as fun as it was, it just wasn't very profitable as a product and didn't have(and IMO didn't need either) many avenues for expansion besides adding more puzzles. Now there are too many ads, distractions, and side-activities going on, but the core gameplay is still fine.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: February 15, 2022, 06:13:21 am »

Fuck off that is not an English word >:(
Love, scriver~

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: February 15, 2022, 12:15:10 pm »

No, but the English language collects words the way the British museum collects artifacts.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: February 15, 2022, 12:51:57 pm »

Yah sure except that ain't one it has collected even
Love, scriver~

Mobbstar

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Mossbird
    • View Profile
    • my website
« Reply #149 on: February 15, 2022, 03:24:32 pm »

Turns out the NYT changed the word rolls, so our offline-versions and clones do not match with the "official" wordle.

Fuck off that is not an English word >:(

Out of curiosity, which version do you play?  I find the NYT ones for 14th and 15th to be on the normal level of difficulty, while the original one for 14th is objectively obscure.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13