Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13

Author Topic: Discussion on Word/Letter Games  (Read 16258 times)

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
Re: Discussion on Word/Letter Games
« Reply #150 on: February 15, 2022, 05:32:30 pm »

It's like

Square is an adopted into English word. You say "I'm gonna head down to the square and buy some flowers" and everyone knows what you mean. Plaza is a adopted. Heading down to the plaza and everyone understands. Go onto the forum and write some shitposts, it's an adopted word.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Yeah I'm just bitter my streak got broken ;)

And I don't know what version it is but I'm using the powerlanguage.co.uk website one. This one was today on the 15th
Love, scriver~

axiomsofdominion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: February 15, 2022, 05:44:18 pm »

It was actually different for me on the NYT website:

You must have had the tab open on the website when they made the changes. You can no longer actually play wordle there because it redirects now.

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: February 15, 2022, 06:27:04 pm »

Evidently the error in maintaining streak is a known thing and people got very upset about it. If you used the old, live, Wordle page on the day of transition, it was supposed to seamlessly divert you to the NYT site and keep everything intact. (I didn't have an issue, but one of my friends did.)
Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: February 15, 2022, 06:27:45 pm »

It was actually different for me on the NYT website:

You must have had the tab open on the website when they made the changes. You can no longer actually play wordle there because it redirects now.

Huh, yeah. Reloading the page redirected me to nytimes :(
Love, scriver~

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: February 17, 2022, 07:36:10 am »

Love, scriver~

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: February 17, 2022, 11:44:06 am »

And I thought I had it bad when I was just missing the 4th letter and going through options!
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: February 17, 2022, 12:06:19 pm »

And I thought I had it bad when I was just missing the 4th letter and going through options!

You mean...
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: February 17, 2022, 02:46:23 pm »

Not sure if this one counts or not, because it uses pictures instead of letters.

https://www.dungleon.com/

There are rules to constructing your dungeon, but they aren't told to you (other than there is at least one hero and at least one monster). I'm assuming heroes all face right, monsters all face left (except the one that kind of twists all weird), and treasures look like treasures.

I got it in 5 today, without knowing what I was doing. I got a spell (hint) after 4, but I'm not sure how to choose which one. Getting everything in the right place was sort of luck, but I made a guess about where heroes and monsters are placed that seemed correct.

🟩🟩🟪🟪🟪
🟩🟩🟪🟪🟪
🟩🟩🟪🟪🟩
🟩🟩🟪🟪🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Looking at the final arrangement, I can make some guesses about which kinds of heroes/monsters are placed where. I'm guessing this one is good for about a week before the little pretend battles all sort of look the same.

Spoiler: answer (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 18, 2022, 02:28:32 pm by Iduno »

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: February 18, 2022, 04:02:08 am »

Love, scriver~

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: February 22, 2022, 10:48:34 pm »

Dang. Canuckle is hard. I don't remember where I saw it discussed, but I guess it wasn't this thread?

Canuckle 13 6/6

⬜⬜⬜🟨⬜
⬜⬜🟨⬜⬜
⬜🟥🟥⬜⬜
⬜🟥🟥⬜⬜
🟥⬜⬜⬜⬜
🟥🟥🟥🟥🟥

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: February 22, 2022, 11:31:14 pm »

Want to quadrule your headache? Quordle.

Uhhh... their copy/paste doesn't work, so:

Mobbstar

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Mossbird
    • View Profile
    • my website
« Reply #161 on: February 23, 2022, 01:32:16 am »

A friend made Revertle on a whim.  You get letters and have to guess which word they form, then come up with words that use the same letters in different positions, then not at all.

Revertle, day 7, Win: 4/5

█ █ █ █ █
█ █ █
█ █
█ █
█ █

For some reason, the coloured emoji get stripped when posting on bay12forums so I had to manually translate to unicode + colorcodes.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2022, 01:40:40 am by Mobbstar »

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: February 23, 2022, 03:21:02 pm »

Not sure if this one counts or not, because it uses pictures instead of letters.

That was ...interesting. I managed to finish on the final guess, but, like you, I was mostly just kind of flailing around.

I think they need to more explicitly put down the dungeon building rules - there's just no way to tell virtually anything as-is.
"Okay, I know there's an archer and a chest of gold in the dungeon - does that mean that I should be guessing orcs? goblins? bats?"

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: February 23, 2022, 05:29:56 pm »

That was ...interesting. I managed to finish on the final guess, but, like you, I was mostly just kind of flailing around.

I think they need to more explicitly put down the dungeon building rules - there's just no way to tell virtually anything as-is.
"Okay, I know there's an archer and a chest of gold in the dungeon - does that mean that I should be guessing orcs? goblins? bats?"

I think heroes "come in" from the left, and monsters from the right, with treasure on the monster side (not all the way to the left). Also, I guess the archer and/or knight show up in every puzzle, at least right now.

I guess the strategy would be to guess 5 monsters first, then actually start guessing, so you get the most information. There are few enough possible characters that you can get the right ones through the process of elimination.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: February 25, 2022, 10:06:31 am »

Honestly, double letters is by far the hardest part of the game. That's what shouldn't be in easy mode.
Love, scriver~
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13