Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 35

Author Topic: Panopticotheon IC: Turn 8 [10/10]  (Read 23213 times)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Panopticotheon IC: Turn 7 [10/10]
« Reply #405 on: February 04, 2022, 10:43:31 am »

Invest 1 God Soft Sphere Act and 1 Mortal Soft Sphere Act in the incorrigibility of mortal souls. One cannot claim them by decree, they are far too unruly for that. Suggest Freedom Act be used to aid this.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2022, 12:37:03 pm by TricMagic »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: February 04, 2022, 10:51:03 am »

Gibeele sets aside this design for now, and unleashes a torrent of Freedom Energy to Twi's Act:
Invest 1 God Soft Sphere Act in the incorrigibility of mortal souls. One cannot claim them by decree, they are far too unruly for that. Suggest Freedom Act be used to aid this.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: February 04, 2022, 10:56:48 am »

On a purely aesthetic level, the Flesh Conch of Screaming explains, via a trail of deposited pearls, the proposed mortals are direly lacking in meat and music, so they will not invest. But the Flesh Conch of Screaming doesn't discriminate against inferior lifeforms.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: February 04, 2022, 10:57:53 am »

"Add your meat and music, then. I won't mind."

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: February 04, 2022, 11:08:46 am »

C’thun spends a creation act to alter the newly created magic systems with drawbacks and incentives, all spells are innately complicated and require learning to properly use, with rituals and gestures being required depending on the power of the spell.

If incorrectly cast, the caster in question gets corrupted and suffers a mental drawback, suffering major headaches. If they miscast another time, C’thun gets ownership over their soul. This is used as a way to make sure people only cast spells they are absolutely sure they can.

(Do we have any sentient creatures yet?)

Harvey Harvest rolls his eyes and mimes planting a metaphorical fruit, creating the Anti-Corruption

Anti-Corruption
For anyone whose soul belongs to C'thun (including disembodied souls), if they perform the following actions ownership of their soul will transfer to the following entities. The following actions will also clear any mental influence related to C'thun. This will do nothing for those who do not owe their soul to C'thun. If a soul is not owned by C'thun but does have C'thun's mental influence, it will clear the mental influence without transferring the soul. It is only fair that we get a way to steal followers back. Soul ownership may change as normal after the switch is made.

If the Soul manages to escape a metaphysical labyrinth in their own mind, the difficulty of which is related to how deep their Corruption is, they claim ownership of their Soul for themselves. If they devoutly pray to a God or similar entity said God can offer aid to assist them in escaping.

If a Soul manages to Overpower a significant foe with magic, ownership of said soul will transfer to Twi.

If a Soul attempts to Research a way to escape C'thun's influence, they will discover a method that will transfer their soul to The Faceless Prince.

If a Soul attempts to escape C'thun's influence by traveling a great distance, their soul will transfer to The Wanderer

If a Soul eats anything moderately, farms anything, harvests anything, or meditates at a totem pole their soul will transfer to Harvey Harvest.

If a Soul revels in its Corruption and enjoys being under C'thun's influence, then the Anti-Corruption will have no effect and the soul will permanently belong to C'thun even if other actions are performed that would normally transfer their soul to another god. Any non-mundane attempt by C'thun to compel the corrupted to be happy will not count and will instead give ownership of the Soul to the mortal (as this is assumed to make them happy).

If a Soul attempts to escape C'thun by retreating to the wilderness, or defeats C'thun or any of their agents in a Competition, then their soul will transfer to Shinka.

If a Soul desires freedom from C'thun above everything else, their soul will transfer to Gibeele.

If a Soul attempts to escape C'thun's influence through Brutal methods, then their soul will transfer to Qwitzikottle.

If a Soul attempts to use C'thun's influence to benefit themselves, their soul will transfer to Susan.

If a Soul eats hungrily, their soul will transfer to the Flesh Conch of Screaming.

If a Soul looks directly at The Eye for five minutes, the Soul will transfer to The Eye.

If a Soul is killed by an agent of a God (such as an Angel or Archangel), ownership of the Soul will transfer to that entity.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: February 04, 2022, 11:09:47 am »

"Hey, I told you to go to the Central garden in the mortal plane, not here, what you even plan to do here?"
Send the The caravan leader to the mortal plane

"I have no particular problem with this province for now, although it depends on my province working as planned"

Split travel act, create the wondrous portal
Spoiler: the Wondrous Portal (click to show/hide)
"I am willing to donate a sphere act to making a civilization"
"Huh, didn't notice the Portal is already there that saves effort"
Don't spend a generic act on the Wondrous Portal, spend act if needed on sending the caravan leader to the mortal plane, give one generic act to  Flesh Conch of Screaming
"As long as they don't try to trap people inside them or make them mute, those provinces are fine by me
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: February 04, 2022, 11:28:27 am »

The Faceless Prince once again exits their domain. They're carrying a number of scrolls under their arm, and... they seem to be wearing a beret, for some reason?

Once they reach the "common area" of the divinities, they start opening and spreading the scrolls, revealing...
Potential uplift path for the Termin. Apologies, my focus has been elsewhere.
Spoiler: Telit proposal (click to show/hide)
I presently only have access to a Trade Act, so I would be glad to discuss the final specifics of these beings with any willing to assist with their creation. Their material is non-negotiable, however, due to their origins.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: February 04, 2022, 11:33:10 am »

"Add your meat and music, then. I won't mind."
The Flesh Conch of Screaming genuflects elegantly upon arms of material sound, singing up elegant figures dancing all along its fleshy shell. It gracefully explains, "iaMwiLLiNGtomAKemORTAlslIKeTHeseNEXTURNTURNTURN"

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

"Huh, didn't notice the Portal is already there that saves effort"
Don't spend a generic act on the Wondrous Portal, spend act if needed on sending the caravan leader to the mortal plane, give one generic act to  Flesh Conch of Screaming
"As long as they don't try to trap people inside them or make them mute, those provinces are fine by me
The Flesh Conch of Screaming trills in gratitude, as more of the meteoric remnants of divine cancer cling to life in the World.

Spend a further 1 Generic Act to create two more contiguously sequenced provinces 06 and 07, assuming that is actually allowed.

Quote from: Anti-Corruption Votebox
Yes: 2 Harvey Harvest, Flesh Conch of Screaming
No: 1 C'thun
« Last Edit: February 05, 2022, 12:37:51 am by Demonic Spoon »

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: February 04, 2022, 12:59:01 pm »

Gibeele sets aside this design for now, and unleashes a torrent of Freedom Energy to Twi's Act:
Invest 1 God Soft Sphere Act in the incorrigibility of mortal souls. One cannot claim them by decree, they are far too unruly for that. Suggest Freedom Act be used to aid this.
Twi invests 1 Mortal Soft Sphere Act into the Sermin.(Not this turn) Good mortals for the Underneath.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2022, 12:34:04 pm by TricMagic »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: February 04, 2022, 01:56:55 pm »

"Potentially premature, Twi. I have no funds to contribute to that project, myself. You will either need to find additional funders totaling 2 Aligned Acts or delay for another phase."

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: February 04, 2022, 05:06:45 pm »

C’thun spends a creation act to alter the newly created magic systems with drawbacks and incentives, all spells are innately complicated and require learning to properly use, with rituals and gestures being required depending on the power of the spell.

If incorrectly cast, the caster in question gets corrupted and suffers a mental drawback, suffering major headaches. If they miscast another time, C’thun gets ownership over their soul. This is used as a way to make sure people only cast spells they are absolutely sure they can.

(Do we have any sentient creatures yet?)

Harvey Harvest rolls his eyes and mimes planting a metaphorical fruit, creating the Anti-Corruption

Anti-Corruption
For anyone whose soul belongs to C'thun (including disembodied souls), if they perform the following actions ownership of their soul will transfer to the following entities. The following actions will also clear any mental influence related to C'thun. This will do nothing for those who do not owe their soul to C'thun. If a soul is not owned by C'thun but does have C'thun's mental influence, it will clear the mental influence without transferring the soul. It is only fair that we get a way to steal followers back. Soul ownership may change as normal after the switch is made.

If the Soul manages to escape a metaphysical labyrinth in their own mind, the difficulty of which is related to how deep their Corruption is, they claim ownership of their Soul for themselves. If they devoutly pray to a God or similar entity said God can offer aid to assist them in escaping.

If a Soul manages to Overpower a significant foe with magic, ownership of said soul will transfer to Twi.

If a Soul attempts to Research a way to escape C'thun's influence, they will discover a method that will transfer their soul to The Faceless Prince.

If a Soul attempts to escape C'thun's influence by traveling a great distance, their soul will transfer to The Wanderer

If a Soul eats anything moderately, farms anything, harvests anything, or meditates at a totem pole their soul will transfer to Harvey Harvest.

If a Soul revels in its Corruption and enjoys being under C'thun's influence, then the Anti-Corruption will have no effect and the soul will permanently belong to C'thun even if other actions are performed that would normally transfer their soul to another god. Any non-mundane attempt by C'thun to compel the corrupted to be happy will not count and will instead give ownership of the Soul to the mortal (as this is assumed to make them happy).

If a Soul attempts to escape C'thun by retreating to the wilderness, or defeats C'thun or any of their agents in a Competition, then their soul will transfer to Shinka.

If a Soul desires freedom from C'thun above everything else, their soul will transfer to Gibeele.

If a Soul attempts to escape C'thun's influence through Brutal methods, then their soul will transfer to Qwitzikottle.

If a Soul attempts to use C'thun's influence to benefit themselves, their soul will transfer to Susan.

If a Soul eats hungrily, their soul will transfer to the Flesh Conch of Screaming.

If a Soul looks directly at The Eye for five minutes, the Soul will transfer to The Eye.

If a Soul is killed by an agent of a God (such as an Angel or Archangel), ownership of the Soul will transfer to that entity.

C’thun Intercedes the planting of this metaphorical fruit. “If you don’t like what I did, fine, contest it, but I’m warning you, if you try another stunt like this, I won’t just intercede.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: February 04, 2022, 05:13:17 pm »

You can't just steal people's souls. You didn't build that.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: February 04, 2022, 05:25:15 pm »

"Has it occurred to you, C'thun, that if you always threaten and never act, nobody will take you seriously? Lessso than we already didn't, that is."

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: February 04, 2022, 06:03:03 pm »

C’thun Intercedes the planting of this metaphorical fruit. “If you don’t like what I did, fine, contest it, but I’m warning you, if you try another stunt like this, I won’t just intercede.

"It seems hypocrisy is truly endemic among the gods. It also seems you where not paying attention the last time some God threatened me."

HH takes out another bag of seeds and throws them aggressively at the world!

Spoiler: Sanitrees (click to show/hide)
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: February 04, 2022, 07:31:29 pm »

Shinka seeks donations for this product:
Name: Hands
Traits:
 + Extremely high reproductive rate
 + Intrinsically immune to corruption
 - Extremely high mutation rate