Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 35

Author Topic: Panopticotheon IC: Turn 8 [10/10]  (Read 23214 times)

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
Re: Panopticotheon IC: Turn 7 [10/10]
« Reply #390 on: February 03, 2022, 12:43:51 pm »

Shinka politely but firmly burns any and all shrines off its explicitly uncivilized sacred mountain. Again.
The Flesh Conch of Screaming wails mildly in confusion but decides to oppose burning stuff for now, spending all my Night to twist fate in my favour.
"I have no particular problem with this province for now, although it depends on my province working as planned"
The Flesh Conch of Screaming whines pathetically, "gIVeacTShUNgryeAtsOcAnmaKEWOrldspAnnINGtravelANDnaviGATIonNETworkHUNGRYnEVERgetlOstSCARYSCARYSCARY"
« Last Edit: February 04, 2022, 02:22:19 pm by Demonic Spoon »

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: February 03, 2022, 08:41:06 pm »

Harvey pulls out a coin from his suspender pocket and flicks it into the nearby field to grow the greatest magical system known to whatever this world is called!

Farmer's Reward Program
Whenever someone harvests an agricultural product, there is a random chance that they will receive a cute token with a cartoon on it. For plant products this token will have a picture of a Mortalized cartoon of the most popular local crop (ex a mortal with two eyes and two mouths in corn country would receive a token with a cartoon corn with two eyes and two mouths). For animal products, this will have a cute cartoon of the most popular local animal. In either case the other side of the coin has Harvey Harvest standing majestically in his coin field. These coins are metaphysical and non-transferable, while one can summon a coin to show it off nobody else can actually do anything besides see it.

To use these coins one must meditate at an appropriate totem pole, bringing there mind to the Farmer's Market. Here they can purchase a variety of Boons in return for their Tokens. Plant and Animal tokens are equivalent in value, however the rates are set so neither is inherently easier to get than the other (something like milking a cow daily will only give a small chance for a coin, while slaughtering a cow would give a chance for multiple coins for example). The power of the Boon is tied to the amount of tokens, with the more tokens spent representing more powerful Boons. Boons grow from the seed of mortal desire, if mortals wish to fly then a Boon allowing mortals to fly will appear in the Farmer's Market for an appropriate price. If mortals wish for health, a Boon granting health will appear in the Farmer's Market for an appropriate price. As a limitation it can not directly effect people other than the token spender. If one wishes to kill a rival, they would be capable of buying great strength or invisibility or the ability to shoot lasers out of their eyes, but they would not be able to cause the target to simply fall over dead.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: February 04, 2022, 01:21:42 am »

Quote from: The Secrets Votebox
Yes: 2 (Gibeele, C'thun)
No: 0
Quote from: The Secrets Eye Agnostic Votebox
Yes: 1 (Flesh Conch of Screaming)
Quote from: Farmer's Reward Program Votebox
Yes: 2 (Harvey Harvest, Flesh Conch of Screaming)

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: February 04, 2022, 01:28:20 am »

Yes: 3 (Harvey Harvest, Flesh Conch of Screaming), Shinka

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: February 04, 2022, 02:11:12 am »

Quote from: Faith Energy
Magic System

This system of magic is based around *Faith Energy*, an invisible and intangible Energy formed whenever mortals pray or else provide devotion to a being they consider a 'god'
Faith energy is flavored based upon the deity or being warshiped, as an example- F.E. created by mortals devoted to Qwitzikottle could be described as "colored" maroon, while F.E. devoted to The Faceless Prince could be described as "colored" goldenrod.
Most faith energy doesn't actually 'stay' where it is manifested, instead dispersing to the world at large, but what little that does stay initially- sinks into the world, and slowly changes the places where it is to become a proper "solid container" for faith energy, gathering it in as though there was a gravitational flow.
Most mortals will never be able to interact with Faith energy at all, as the manipulation of it comes from a lifetime spent under exposure to it, becoming a vassal for its power.
The actual usage of Faith energy comes in the form of "Miracles" and "Holy objects" or "Relics".
   Miracles are the result of it being channeled through one who has spent their life living in a place of great Faith Energy, and come from one focusing heavily upon the 'image' of the event they wish to cause, whether that be the mending of flesh- or the striking of a nearby Heretic through divine flame
   Holy objects are the result of objects of religious significance being bathed in Faith Energy, but while Miracles are fairly free form, Holy objects simply bear powers relating to the stories and histories behind them, blades becoming far harder to damage, candles that will never burn out, so on.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: February 04, 2022, 02:23:49 am »

Quote from: Faith Energy Votebox
Yes: 2 (Qwitzikottle),(Flesh Conch of Screaming)

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: February 04, 2022, 02:32:07 am »

The Faceless Prince blearily steps out of their abode, places their Knowledge Act in the First Step to be recovered later, starts to jot down two ideas, then notices Gibeele's work. They shrug, leaving some opinions behind before returning to the Auric Spires. They appear to be preoccupied with other things.

Yes: 3 (Qwitzikottle),(Flesh Conch of Screaming), The Faceless Prince
Yes: 2 (Flesh Conch of Screaming, The Faceless Prince)
Yes: 4 (Harvey Harvest, Flesh Conch of Screaming), Shinka, The Faceless Prince
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: February 04, 2022, 07:48:15 am »

Yes: 4 (Qwitzikottle),(Flesh Conch of Screaming), The Faceless Prince, The wanderer
Yes: 3 (Flesh Conch of Screaming, The Faceless Prince, The wanderer)
Yes: 5 (Harvey Harvest, Flesh Conch of Screaming), Shinka, The Faceless Prince,The wanderer
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: February 04, 2022, 07:55:57 am »

Gibeele lets loose a butterfly-shaped Freedom Act to create an important Spell of The Secrets, using the ritual format.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: February 04, 2022, 08:12:56 am »

C’thun spends a creation act to alter the newly created magic systems with drawbacks and incentives, all spells are innately complicated and require learning to properly use, with rituals and gestures being required depending on the power of the spell.

If incorrectly cast, the caster in question gets corrupted and suffers a mental drawback, suffering major headaches. If they miscast another time, C’thun gets ownership over their soul. This is used as a way to make sure people only cast spells they are absolutely sure they can.

(Do we have any sentient creatures yet?)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: February 04, 2022, 08:51:56 am »

((Sentient yes, sapient no~))

"C'thun, I disagree with that stance. What I want is for mortals to experiment, grow stronger. The point of giving power to anybody able and willing to seek knowledge is to level the playing field. That's why I designed a spell which allows novices to gain more information, as well. This gives even those physically weak or disadvantaged by circumstance a chance to fight back. I abhor slavery, and this enables a world where that practice is a losing proposition."

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: February 04, 2022, 08:55:59 am »

((Sentient yes, sapient no~))

"C'thun, I disagree with that stance. What I want is for mortals to experiment, grow stronger. The point of giving power to anybody able and willing to seek knowledge is to level the playing field. That's why I designed a spell which allows novices to gain more information, as well. This gives even those physically weak or disadvantaged by circumstance a chance to fight back. I abhor slavery, and this enables a world where that practice is a losing proposition."

(What’s the point of making magic if no one can even use it yet?)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: February 04, 2022, 09:14:36 am »

((Hey, The Secrets are technically usable by non-sapients. It just requires having a mind. A pig or a crow could use it if they had access to the information, or perhaps something with less developed minds if guided by instinct.))

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: February 04, 2022, 10:04:44 am »

C’thun spends a creation act to alter the newly created magic systems with drawbacks and incentives, all spells are innately complicated and require learning to properly use, with rituals and gestures being required depending on the power of the spell.

If incorrectly cast, the caster in question gets corrupted and suffers a mental drawback, suffering major headaches. If they miscast another time, C’thun gets ownership over their soul. This is used as a way to make sure people only cast spells they are absolutely sure they can.

(Do we have any sentient creatures yet?)
Oppose/Contest
((Despite being supposed to add incentives and drawbacks, there appear to be only drawbacks added. :/ ))
« Last Edit: February 05, 2022, 12:40:59 am by Demonic Spoon »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: February 04, 2022, 10:22:23 am »

Contest this in its entirety. Plumbing the secrets of the world is innately dangerous, making every mistake cause irreparable damage, rather than merely Unforeseen Consequences is unnecessary and will discourage experimentation.
And obviously, we shouldn't allow one divine to spend one act and thereforth gain great profit from the systems we've devised together.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 35