Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 35

Author Topic: Panopticotheon IC: Turn 8 [10/10]  (Read 23282 times)

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
Re: Panopticotheon IC: Turn 4 [9/10]
« Reply #210 on: January 09, 2022, 02:48:15 pm »

You guys could get a discount if you join up with me here. C'thun, you in particular, since your region is already contiguous.

Although I'm not sure it should border Yamayunqa. Yamayunqa is starting to look a little more cosmopolitan than I'd like.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: January 09, 2022, 06:06:27 pm »

Contest Driftlands adjacency to any new Regions.
Keep a few dozen eyes on C'thun.

Gibeele pulls out a Freedom Act in the form of an odd pulsating egg and roughly squeezes it, allowing the clotted fluid to fall on a small area of land near the peak of Yamayunka.
Name: Shrine of Freedom
Neighbors: None yet
Region: Yamayunqa
Traits:
 + Further focuses and intensifies the mountaintop's ritual-boosting effect, for those with freedom in their hearts.
 - None may build upon or alter the sacred ground, lest they be cursed by the freedom of others.
Description: A flat stone foundation, a tier below the peak itself. Twisted pillars litter the ground, evidence that the stone itself was allowed to flow freely, drippling from the skies. Though this is a shrine, there is never any ceiling to hide the sky, reminding one of the everpresent choice to fly away.

The now squozen egg is held limp in Gibeele's teeth for a moment, but is momentarily refilled as Gibeele breathes an incarnae spark into it. The god then tosses the egg down to the Driftlands to hatch.
Name: Drift King
Affiliation: Drift King, Gibeele
Class: Creature
Traits:
 + The King is an exceptional flier, and enjoys nothing more than to race around the changing landscape.
 + Scales of chitin protect the King from the worst effects of magic.
 - Any dragon needs a hoard, so the King may occasionally relieve others of their shinies to grow His own hoard.
Description: This is a former winged eel, now grown into a huge fluffy insectoid dragon: a serpent lined with colorful butterfly wings, plated with white-furred chitin, and with a head topped by branching antennae. It feeds not by devouring lesser organisms, but by dipping its proboscis into wells of magic energy and drinking them dry. The King's domain is in the Driftlands which it protects from any fell incursions, but leave it be and it will not bother you.

Gibeele leaves the Transformation Act out to rot in its own, and after a while the putrescence begins to infect the shifting tissue of the Realm, mutating and building into strange, violent forms.
Name: Snappers
Affiliation: The Moral Compass
Class: Outsiders
Traits:
 + Adept shapeshifters, Snappers may change form for stealth or offence, but not change size.
 + Equipped with a fine tuned and sensitive Moral Compass, Snappers only resort to violence when they feel it is the best choice.
 - Violence is the last resort, but also the second-first, after doing nothing. Snappers don't know how to do anything but kill.
Description: In their neutral form, a Snapper is a limp pool of undifferentiated tissue, with a metal disk floating in the middle; a literal compass.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: January 09, 2022, 06:22:26 pm »

Contest Driftlands adjacency to any new Regions.

Gibeele pulls out a Freedom Act in the form of an odd pulsating egg and roughly squeezes it, allowing the clotted fluid to fall on a small area of land near the peak of Yamayunka.
Name: Shrine of Freedom
Neighbors: None yet
Region: Yamayunqa
Traits:
 + Further focuses and intensifies the mountaintop's ritual-boosting effect, for those with freedom in their hearts.
 - None may build upon or alter the sacred ground, lest they be cursed by the freedom of others.
Description: A flat stone foundation, a tier below the peak itself. Twisted pillars litter the ground, evidence that the stone itself was allowed to flow freely, drippling from the skies. Though this is a shrine, there is never any ceiling to hide the sky, reminding one of the everpresent choice to fly away.

The now squozen egg is held limp in Gibeele's teeth for a moment, but is momentarily refilled as Gibeele breathes an incarnae spark into it. The god then tosses the egg down to the Driftlands to hatch.
Name: Drift King
Affiliation: Drift King, Gibeele
Class: Creature
Traits:
 + The King is an exceptional flier, and enjoys nothing more than to race around the changing landscape.
 + Scales of chitin protect the King from the worst effects of magic.
 - Any dragon needs a hoard, so the King may occasionally relieve others of their shinies to grow His own hoard.
Description: This is a former winged eel, now grown into a huge fluffy insectoid dragon: a serpent lined with colorful butterfly wings, plated with white-furred chitin, and with a head topped by branching antennae. It feeds not by devouring lesser organisms, but by dipping its proboscis into wells of magic energy and drinking them dry. The King's domain is in the Driftlands which it protects from any fell incursions, but leave it be and it will not bother you.

Gibeele leaves the Transformation Act out to rot in its own, and after a while the putrescence begins to infect the shifting tissue of the Realm, mutating and building into strange, violent forms.
Name: Snappers
Affiliation: The Moral Compass
Class: Outsiders
Traits:
 + Adept shapeshifters, Snappers may change form for stealth or offence, but not change size.
 + Equipped with a fine tuned and sensitive Moral Compass, Snappers only resort to violence when they feel it is the best choice.
 - Violence is the last resort, but also the second-first, after doing nothing. Snappers don't know how to do anything but kill.
Description: In their neutral form, a Snapper is a limp pool of undifferentiated tissue, with a metal disk floating in the middle; a literal compass.

HH checks his notes briefly, placing them back into his overalls when he's done.

"I don't recall this new-fangled 'magic' being a thing. Is your poor critter going to starve?"
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: January 09, 2022, 06:25:40 pm »

"Last I checked, that wasn't a possibility. Besides, life finds a way, my friend."

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: January 09, 2022, 07:55:46 pm »

I’m afraid I’m not physically attracted to pony’s. I apologize for hurting your feelings, but a relationship between us wouldn’t work out. It’s not me, it’s you. Now stop staring at me. It’s making me quite uncomfortable.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: January 09, 2022, 10:09:50 pm »

Qwitzikottle Invests his acts into another two regions theoretically involved in Shinka's regional project

« Last Edit: January 11, 2022, 08:46:51 am by crazyabe »
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: January 09, 2022, 11:11:33 pm »

I’m afraid I’m not physically attracted to pony’s. I apologize for hurting your feelings, but a relationship between us wouldn’t work out. It’s not me, it’s you. Now stop staring at me. It’s making me quite uncomfortable.

Gibeele breaks out laughing uproariously.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: January 09, 2022, 11:44:13 pm »

C'thun, a quick note on deities: the horse is Twi.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: January 10, 2022, 08:36:24 am »

C'thun, a quick note on deities: the horse is Twi.

C’thun open it’s mouth, closes it and just slams his head into a nearby house.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: January 10, 2022, 08:39:29 am »

C’thun open it’s mouth, closes it and just slams his head into a nearby horse.
FTFY!

Shinka attempts to shanghai all non-collaborative region construction into its group project.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: January 10, 2022, 03:01:50 pm »

"Well, the only horses I am aware of are those of my guide, please don't slam your head into my guides, they can be a bit skittish"
Spend both acts on the Central Garden region in the center of the plane, and add it to Shinka project
Spoiler: Central Garden (click to show/hide)
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: January 10, 2022, 07:43:12 pm »

"Last I checked, that wasn't a possibility. Besides, life finds a way, my friend."

"You made someone feed off of something that doesn't exist than essentially say it is there problem? How is this creature supposed to go big and strong if you make it feed off of nonsense?"
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: January 10, 2022, 07:51:45 pm »

"Magic."

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: January 10, 2022, 08:27:49 pm »

How is it, exactly, that a bunch of gods can just forget that they define reality? Gibeele is making a divine Creature, Harvest. Asking how it doesn't starve is about equal to asking how the Archangels don't starve.
There's magic. It's all divine magic. We haven't made anything that mortals - once they exist - will be able to use yet, but there is magic. The dragonfly will be fine.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: January 10, 2022, 08:38:56 pm »

(Do I have any acts left after making that valley thing?)
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 35