Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 35

Author Topic: Panopticotheon IC: Turn 8 [10/10]  (Read 23253 times)

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
Re: Panopticotheon IC: Turn 3 [9/10]
« Reply #195 on: January 08, 2022, 02:01:52 am »

Shinka. What, pray tell, do you think you are doing? Kindly cease and desist. This is an infringement of my intellectual property.
Intellectual property law is an immoral restriction on free competition. Besides, you were right, the mortals need more places to live.
Yet one would think you above such things as theft. Create some place suitable for living on its own merits, not simply as a copy of the region I created. Or is this truly all that competition can produce? No true competitors, merely paltry imitations.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: January 08, 2022, 03:02:32 am »

Yet one would think you above such things as theft. Create some place suitable for living on its own merits, not simply as a copy of the region I created. Or is this truly all that competition can produce? No true competitors, merely paltry imitations.
Your words are as hurtful as they are orange. However, despite your unnecessary cruelty, in the interest of cooperation I will try to satisfy your expectations.

Spoiler: Competition Act region (click to show/hide)

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: January 08, 2022, 05:55:06 am »

Quote from: turn 3 Region mega payment
'main cost'; [Qwitzikottle, 1 Sphere act] [Gibeele, 1 Sphere act]
'region distinct cost'; [Qwitzikottle, 1 Sphere act, "Trunthia multa"] [Shinka, 2 Sphere acts, "Yamayunqa" "Land of Wizny"] [Gibeele, 1 Sphere act, "Driftlands"] [The Faceless Prince, 2 Sphere acts, "The Old World" "Polis"]
Spoiler: Trunthia multa (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Yamayunqa (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Driftlands (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: The Old World (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Polis (click to show/hide)
(reposting these PURELY to help keep track of who has invested into or taken advantage of my scheme- and WHAT EXACTLY the regions that are officially involved here ARE)
« Last Edit: January 08, 2022, 06:06:07 am by crazyabe »
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: January 08, 2022, 06:37:43 am »

Make...do not make...as you wish, do it. For it is the will of that which rule and create. I shall attend to the surveillances.

Use 2 Sphere (Benign Wetwork Operations, Sustainable Growth-Profit Synergies) acts: Lesser magic item

Code: [Select]
Name: Worn Bracelet
Primary actribute: Sight
Effects:
 + reveals secret actions performed in a region it is deployed to
 + reveals the source of said secret action
 - -1 Might
Description: A bracelet of gold, smoothed by faked age and silvery licentiousness. It radiates an aura of tututututututututututut

Equip Additional Labor
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: January 08, 2022, 10:14:13 am »

Your words are as hurtful as they are orange. However, despite your unnecessary cruelty, in the interest of cooperation I will try to satisfy your expectations.

Spoiler: Competition Act region (click to show/hide)
My thanks to you. Yes, this is significantly better. I knew you could do it!
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: January 08, 2022, 10:44:53 am »

C’thun holds in a chuckle

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
Re: Panopticotheon IC: Turn 4 [9/10]
« Reply #201 on: January 08, 2022, 01:20:35 pm »

Turn 4: Eye of Exhaustion

Worldbuilding

Harvey Harvest started the world construction process by creating the Farmaland, a fluffy storm cloud-like region with a warm, tropical base irrigated by grand rain-rivers flowing down from its frigid tops. To avoid fizzling out actions, it was retroactively incorporated into a major region creation collaboration.
Spoiler: Farmaland (click to show/hide)
Furthermore, to ensure weather systems could still develop independently of the already cloudy terrain, Harvey Harvest scattered a bag of cloud seeds to provide sun and storms wherever and whenever they went to seed.
Spoiler: Cloud seeds (click to show/hide)
Finally, to provide mortals with the potential for flight regardless of the outcome of the vote on making flight a default trait, Harvey Harvest planted stands of helicopter plants (Acer hellicopterum) in and around Farmaland.
Spoiler: Acer hellicopterum (click to show/hide)

The honorable Qwitzikottle began a great endeavor to populate the world with many regions, the first of which was Trunthia Multa, a great island blessed with abundant mineral resources and fertile lands built around a very active volcano.
Spoiler: Trunthia Multa (click to show/hide)
A voice behind Gibeele was the next to create a full region. Much like Farmaland and Trunthia Multa before it, Yamayunqa features a prominent mountain, albeit one covered in wild jungle and inhabited by all sorts of savage creatures and dangerous plants.
Spoiler: Yamayunqa (click to show/hide)
Having supplied the other part of the impetus for Qwitzikottle's region proliferation scheme, Gibeele created the Driftlands, a barren field of small islands downwind from forested mountain of Yamayunqa. The islands move about unpredictably as a result of the suspendium that so infuses their cliffs and crags, but a few of the hardier plants and animals from the jungle have successfully migrated onto the Driftlands where they eke out a modest existence.
The Faceless Prince joined in the region creation efforts and built the Old World bordering the chaotic archipelago of the Driftlands and the verdant peak of Yamayunqa. With ever-improving and ever-shifting ruins and bizarre creatures scarcely found anywhere else, it will surely be a fiendish but rewarding challenge for mortal expeditions.
Spoiler: The Old World (click to show/hide)
After a brief but (relatively) civil argument with Shinka over the merits of region locking and/or piracy, the Faceless Prince continued with the creation of the wide and very habitable golden island (continent?) of Polis. Situated at or very near the center of Qwitzikottle's project, it borders most extant regions and will likely grow into a flourishing hub of mortal civilization in coming ages.
Spoiler: Polis (click to show/hide)
As for Shinka, it scrapped its idea of a Polis where everything would be bigger and instead created the Land of Wizny, a magical land and purportedly the happiest place on the unnamable cloud of islands and cloud-islands. In keeping with the spirit of competition, living in the Land of Wizny is impossible without periodic payments of some kind determined by the growing land itself.
Spoiler: Land of Wizny (click to show/hide)

While the Iron is Hot...

Aside from creating land, some gods have been busy creating magic items of various kinds. Twi attempted to forge the Weak Link, a soft act storage necklace. Unfortunately, Twi failed to gather and supply more than 2 of the requisite 6 sphere acts, and the Weak Link ended up as a generic storage necklace for holding/hiding mortals, demigods, or trinkets. Thus was Twi's prediction that issues would arise fulfilled.
Spoiler: Weak Link (click to show/hide)

Evidently eager for mortals to convert, corrupt, or otherwise drive mad, C'thun created the silver-tongued angel Trandarc. Without actual mortals, however, Trandarc sadly finds itself out of work.
Spoiler: Trandarc (click to show/hide)
During a routine check-in from Gibeele, the Mentor Figure was informed of Trandarc's potential to be a force for good (target: 9, roll: 15).
Quote from: Mentor Figure
"I'm afraid I must stay and assist the Voicers for now, Shaper. What if, in fighting this Trandarc poorly, I succumb to blighted tyranny myself?"
This inexplicably drew a cry of censorship from C'thun, who had recently sicced a feral Archangel on Shinka for further tempering the subtle influence of the stars.

The Wanderer created a rickety-looking yet sturdy and speedy flying raft known only as the flying raft. It has effectively unlimited intraplanar travel capabilities when dramatically appropriate and is currently held in the Plane of Wandering.
Spoiler: The flying raft (click to show/hide)

Susan forged the Worn Bracelet, a falsely aged gold bracelet with the power to unearth hidden acts in the mortal plane at some cost to the wearer's Might. Instead of wearing this, however, Susan put on Additional Labour (which also occupies the Sight slot).
Spoiler: Worn Bracelet (click to show/hide)

Red Eye

Shinka tried to hide behind C'thun, who didn't appreciate its cowardice and unsuccessfully tried to fling Shinka into the Eye as an ironic callback to Dweller's fate (target: 8, roll: 9). Sensing a distinct lack of hospitality, Shinka fled and elected to hide behind Gibeele instead. This naturally annoyed Gibeele, who wanted no part in this feud and left for its home plane. Moments later, a frightfully dark ray struck Shinka and the Driftlands, and the Driftlands somehow became even more uninviting than they already were. (Shinka: -Light, --Suspicion; Driftlands: Drained of color) The Eye seems to have been appeased or drained by this outburst and is slowly closing once again.

Aping the great Eye itself, Gibele trained its Sight on C'thun and saw C'thun definitely not doing anything at all after creating Trandarc.

Evaluation

Spoiler: Inactive votes (click to show/hide)

Quote from: Votebox on flight as an assumed default
Allow flying as a default trait: 2 (Gibeele, Wanderer)
Do Not: 4 (C'thun, Shinka, Qwitzikottle, Susan[/color])
Flight is unlikely to be a default trait.

Quote from: Vote to advance to the Age of Myth
Yes: 0
No: 0
Advancing the age is not recommended at this point.

The Driftlands Dance

Blobderpy has been rather prominent lately.

It seems that the Guides are now splitting the time between the heavenly planes and the mortal world 1:3 instead of 1:1 as before as a result of scheduling tricks.

The business of the Tradesmen and profits involved may be piquing Susan's interest.

A massive swathe of plants in Farmaland have somehow been cut down but have begun growing back with great vigor.

The Clockmen continue their investigation (autohalt target: 8, roll: 9) but find only a cold trail (target: 9, roll: 11). There is increasing support for halting the investigation since no other puzzle cubes have recently been stolen.

That altruistic angels exist may anger C'thun.

Some Tradesmen seem to be having more meetings with the Clockmen than usual.

Aila has turned in her report on the Pages back at Gibeele's plane and has snuck off to somewhere on the mortal plane.

Lacking mortals (or appropriate surrogates in dire need), Trandarc has gone to the Land of Wizny to find a non-divine outlet for his oratory.

The Voicers are making good progress on building a city in the Wanderer's zone in the Garden of Souls in spite of the reduced Guide presence.

It's possible that Qwitzikottle disapproves of Shinka's evasiveness.

The Pages predict that the Eye will be fully shut in 2-3 turns' time. Some have switched to tracking Chariot's recovery from the Eye's cruel attack, and it's too early to tell how long it'll take to recover now that the sky is largely fixed.

Passions

Geological Age
  • Creating and transforming entire provinces and regions is possible only in this age barring emergent changes in later ages.
    • Having to specify traits for regions and provinces is not set in stone. If there are more votes in favor of getting rid of them than against, it will be done.
    • Regions should be big enough to support ~10 provinces. They can be particularly large islands, archipelagos, cloudy voids, seas, oceans, mountain ranges, or some combination thereof.
      • It would be nice to have a well-connected world, so please try to make them neighbor each other.
      • Specifying how dense a Region is with isles/islands and other general features may help with province placement.
      • Regions will be treated as having the same tier as servants/named mortals for rolling purposes (god mod: ±4).
    • Provinces should be just big enough to support one city. They can be islands, parts of islands, lakes, voids/holes in islands, permanent clouds, rivers, mountains, forests, canyons, particularly large trees, or any number of other things.
      • Provinces will be treated as having the same tier as unnamed mortals for rolling purposes (god mod: ±6).
    • Please explicitly mention when you're adding places as part of multiregion/multiprovince projects and when you're creating them solo/separately. Additions can be vetoed by those paying the initial cost.
  • The shape of the world is fixed barring emergent changes from mass-terraforming (e.g. absolutely everyone agreeing to patch regions together to create a contiguous continent in the shape of a disc).
  • Unopposed, entire ecosystems can be defined at the provincial or regional level for free. Otherwise, this costs 1 generic act.
  • Creating, modifying, or exterminating organisms is possible in this age and will be expensive afterwards.
  • In addition to Archangels, War Forms, Angels, and Outsiders, Monuments will be available once at least one province has been created, and Creatures and Critters will be available once there are organisms to promote from.
  • When more gods support than oppose progression to the next age, it will be done.
  • In general, astronomical features can no longer be created, modified, or destroyed.
  • To allow for potential mortal-focused customization, all planes (including the common plane) will remain mutable until and unless otherwise requested by consensus.
  • "Default" creature features such as flight no longer needing + traits going forward may be specified by consensus
Spoiler: Relevant costs (click to show/hide)

Cosmic entities
  • The Eye is awake and drowsy.
  • The Noise is getting louder.

Status

Spoiler: Gods (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Suspicion (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: February 23, 2022, 01:13:27 am by Kilojoule Proton »

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: January 08, 2022, 02:33:05 pm »

(Shouldn’t I have two madness acts? I didn’t spend any last round.)

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: January 08, 2022, 02:34:03 pm »

(Reminder: acts don't carry over between 'full' turns.)
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: January 08, 2022, 02:35:20 pm »

Soft sphere acts vanish after a turn

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: January 08, 2022, 03:15:13 pm »

C’thun, realizing that his plane of mist and horrors is empty, decides to liven up the place with two different planar bound servants.

Name: The Pale Ones
Affiliation: C’thun
Class: Plane-bound Outsiders
Traits:
 + Magically Gifted: The Pales Ones are capable of learning and using magic at such a speed that boggles many practitioners. They also come into being with many spells already imprinted into their brain. All suitably eldritch, of course.

+ Blessed of C’thun: The Pale Ones are incredibly resistant to non eldritch divine magic and the such, as well as corrupting the divine magic when exposed.

- Plane-bound: Bound to C’thuns endless city. Mages can call upon them for power or knowledge, but they may never leave the plane.

Description: Very tall and skinny with no facial features. They are covered in a variety of normal clothes resized to fit their exact measurements. They talk via telepathy.

All of C’thuns worshippers, if they haven’t done much to please or benefit it, end up as one of these. The plane has many things and luxuries to keep them entertained and occupied for all of eternity. Due to the current lack of mortals, C’thun has created a few hundred naturally created pale ones and placed them in the city.

Name: The Corrupted
Affiliation: C’thun
Class: Plane-bound Outsiders
Traits:

+ Perfecter worker: The corrupted have supernatural strength and unlimited endurance. They rapidly become skilled at mundane tasks after doing them once, making them perfect for any and all work.

+ Shapeshifters: The Corrupted can shapeshift into any currently created being or divine creature, they could for example transform into a member of the tradesmen or Gibelle, then back to goo.

- Plane-bound: Bound and enslaved to C’thuns endless city.

Description: The souls of the corrupted. Whoever has been exposed to C’thuns corruption becomes one of these upon death, barring special circumstances.

Living piles of sentient back goo, they can shapeshift into any appearance but upon injury reverts back to walking black goo creatures. They are used as laborers and slave by the Pale Ones. They can receive freedom with exemplary service.

With a proper sacrifice to C’thun, a mortal can access the shapeshifting powers of the Corrupted without turning into goo for a few days. Then it runs out and another sacrifice has to be made. Once again, a few hundred natural born corrupted are born and placed into the city.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: January 08, 2022, 04:47:44 pm »

Harvey gets to work whittling out random creatures and ecosystems while it is still cheap.

Spoiler: Antfarma (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Grain Plains (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Hidden Valley (click to show/hide)
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: January 09, 2022, 07:55:14 am »

Shinka sets about making another region using both Acts.
Anyone who wishes to join into another collaboration should feel free. Contributions are welcomed.

Name: Texas
Neighbors: Yamayunqa, the Old World, and the Driftlands
Traits:
 + Everything is bigger in Texas. Any event there will be in some sense larger or greater than it would have been somewhere else.
 + Texas is intrinsically resistant to all forms of corruption. Anything in Texas will remain pure and pristine in whatever sense is appropriate for it.
 - Texas is a vast wasteland; most of it is essentially uninhabitable and enormous distances must be covered to get anywhere interesting.
Description: Texas is an almost unimaginably large continent possessing most varieties of biomes, criss-crossed by meandering stone walkways wide enough to accommodate whole herds of large animals. Most of Texas, however, is essentially wasteland covered in scrub, desert, badlands, savannah, steppe, etc., and even ocean here and there. In between these inhospitable stretches, though, mountains, rivers, lakes, forests, and the like hold bountiful resources. Texas is populated predominantly by reptiles and birds, but the largest animals found there are grazing mammals that run the gamut from deer- and cow-like to rhino- or even elephant-like. These regularly stampede along the "roads", where reptile/bird predators lie in wait to pick off stragglers.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: January 09, 2022, 01:19:04 pm »

Twi creates the Pastures, having fallen into a sort of sleepiness and wanting somewhere to rest till the next age begins. Maybe.(On the theoretcal map, it's west corner, mostly west.)

Name: Pastures
Neighbors: Polis, Trunthia Multa
Traits:
 + Wide Pastures of Grass, occasional forests, and lakes and rivers.
 + Naturally Magical and Sunny. Rainbows are common.
 - Surrounded by mountains and gustoes windstorms, occasionally spawning twisters. On the other hand, rain is also in abundance.
Description: A huge expanse created by Twi composed of wide open fields and forests clustered around the edges, with some few near bodies of water. A land with lakes, water, and plenty. But also a land protected and threatened by mountain ranges at the edge filled with greenry that turn the wind that passes over them into storms and occasional twisters. Despite this, it's almost always sunny, even during the rainstorms, and the land is filled with 'magic' leftover from Twi's spheres when she made it. A favorite resting place of hers. Beneath the island lies a number of open caves and tunnels through which excess water drains, leaving them moist for lichen and luminous moss.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: January 09, 2022, 02:20:10 pm »

Might I suggest creating some creatures for the places you have made?

C'thun creates Murica, wanting to create a region dedicated to it.

Name: Murica
Neighbors: The Old World, Texas, Driftlands, Yamayunqa.
Traits:
 + It is a teleporting valley! It appears very close to the other gods city’s and regions, and entices them in. It’s their own choice though.

+ It is filled with a bunch of hidden knowledge, magical secrets and fantastical beings.

- Living in this place lowers inhibitions and is populated by many magical and deadly creatures. May start to call people you dislike “commies”.

Description: A huge valley, covered in a gigantic forest. Although with a few mountains for natural resources here and there. Countless insignificant little critters run around to support the ecosystem and provide food. Living here will deepen your connection to C’thun. The forest itself is a little weird, the leaves are the color of blood and the bark looks like dried human skin. The water looks like black sludge and is very much a acquired taste. but it’s actually pretty good for you, with tons of health benefits. Once every year, one of C’thuns angels will appear and grant their deepest wish. For a price.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 35