Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 35

Author Topic: Panopticotheon IC: Turn 8 [10/10]  (Read 23242 times)

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
Re: Panopticotheon IC: Turn 2 [9/10]
« Reply #135 on: January 01, 2022, 01:41:19 pm »

Qwitzikottle breaks up his 'Brutality' act into two generic acts- and Crafts two Incarna, which it stores INACTIVE in his home plane.
Finally he takes his 'Courage' act and forges 'a minor bauble', which he throws at Faceless Prince's pages out of boredom.

Spoiler: Kah'korro, Archangel (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: A Minor Bauble (click to show/hide)
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: January 01, 2022, 01:43:08 pm »

Qwitzikottle breaks up his 'Brutality' act into two generic acts- and Crafts two Incarna, which it stores INACTIVE in his home plane.
Finally he takes his 'Courage' act and forges 'a minor bauble', which he throws at Faceless Prince's pages out of boredom.

"I would suggest dropping it in that madness star and seeing what happens. For Science. Totally not for the eye to turn it's attention there."
« Last Edit: January 01, 2022, 05:14:38 pm by TricMagic »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: January 01, 2022, 06:57:52 pm »

Inform Aila that the Pages have been given a minor memetic hazard, and that she should confer with her Tome in order to devise a suitable magical countermeasure.

Use Transformation Act to create an astrological constellation:
Name: Blobderpy
Type: Constellation
Effect: Prevents The Stars From Being Right
Frequency: Once every time that The Stars would be Right
Description: A whimsical collection of stars in the shame of a blobderpy which roams the sky extremely slowly. Whenever something extremely eldritch would occur in the sky, the blobderpy occludes the event and ruins it.

Use Freedom Act to create an Angel:
Name: Mentor Figure
Affiliation: [death to tyrants]
Class: Angel
Traits:
 + Empowers morals who work with it
 + Not permanently halted by death
 - Not particularly strong
Description: A faceless lump of skin which can passably disguise itself as a mortal. Desires to find "heroes" and help them fight evil and tyranny.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: January 01, 2022, 07:23:50 pm »

Inform Aila that the Pages have been given a minor memetic hazard, and that she should confer with her Tome in order to devise a suitable magical countermeasure.

Use Transformation Act to create an astrological constellation:
Name: Blobderpy
Type: Constellation
Effect: Prevents The Stars From Being Right
Frequency: Once every time that The Stars would be Right
Description: A whimsical collection of stars in the shame of a blobderpy which roams the sky extremely slowly. Whenever something extremely eldritch would occur in the sky, the blobderpy occludes the event and ruins it.

I thought we were over this nonsense. But if this is how you wish it to be, well then, I shall return the favor.

C’thun spends a madness act to corrupt Blobderpy and instead making it so it is harder to resist the effects of corruption, as well as being incredibly difficult to alter or destroy. It is made into the shape of a chain, a mockery of their fear.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: January 01, 2022, 07:45:47 pm »

"All according to plan."

Intercede my body directly into C'thun's Act, absorbing its corruption into me, and corrupting it.
Filter the primordial energy through my Freedom Sphere, yielding another Transformation Act.

For, Corruption with the benefit of the freedom to choose, can be nothing but Transformation itself.

Since that Act is a clear threat to the status of Free Will for any creatures below, invoke my Noble Passion for advantage. :3
« Last Edit: January 01, 2022, 08:18:44 pm by Egan_BW »

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: January 01, 2022, 08:01:00 pm »

"All according to plan."

Intercede my body directly into C'thun's Act, absorbing its corruption into me, and corrupting it.
Filter the primordial energy through my Freedom Sphere, yielding another Transformation Act.

For, Corruption with the benefit of the freedom to choose, can be nothing but Transformation itself.

(That, is a terrible idea.)

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: January 01, 2022, 08:42:58 pm »

More or less ignoring the fact of its being attacked, Shinka maneuvres the combat closer to the Eye, positioning the Dweller between the Eye and itself before screaming at the Eye as loudly as possible and trying to shove the Dweller into it.

Also let's not advance the age yet.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: January 01, 2022, 08:48:05 pm »

More or less ignoring the fact of its being attacked, Shinka maneuvres the combat closer to the Eye, positioning the Dweller between the Eye and itself before screaming at the Eye as loudly as possible and trying to shove the Dweller into it.

Also let's not advance the age yet.

(That is also a extremely terrible idea and is likely to get you killed. What is with y’all today lol)

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
Re: Panopticotheon IC: Turn 2.1 [9/10]
« Reply #143 on: January 02, 2022, 12:55:15 am »

Turn 2.1: Combats but no Collabs

An Ample Arsenal

Twi has completed the Bladewing Armor's base features by further improving its durability and protection against the divine. It is now a greater magic item in Twi's possession.
Spoiler: Bladewing Armor (click to show/hide)

Perhaps in response to ongoing hostilities, Qwitzikottle has designed an Archangel and a War Form. Both are currently dormant in Tun'goul and thus incur no upkeep.
Qwitzikottle also created a rather Eye-catching bauble and tossed it at the Pages in the Auric Spires out of boredom. Shuffling and restoring its original configuration soon became a significant distraction for the Eye watching team.
Although somewhat reluctant to intervene in Page business (thus spoiling her observations), Aila did look for countermeasures in Half the Battle on Gibeele's recommendation and devised a marvelous contraption of bronzewood and congealed sap that banished the Minor Bauble to parts unknown (target: 16, roll: 14). Dejected with the loss of their new toy, the Pages have gone back to their vigil.

With the possibility of long-lasting tyrant figures still open, Gibeele created the Mentor Figure, a completely independent faceless angel aimed at uplifting heroic mortals. Mentor Figure has run off to explore the Plane of Wandering.
Spoiler: Mentor Figure (click to show/hide)

You Are My Sunshine

Harvey Harvest added to the number of extant suns by flinging a sunflower into the sky, and in doing so, finally realized the seasons. There is now a Harvest Season and a Growing Season, which is just as well because Reaping Rachel is still away from the Homestead, ferrying Space Madness to the star afterlife or something.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Transmogrification

Gibeele created the Blobderpy constellation to ensure the stars would never be right for eldritch events. Capable of killing any horrific mood, it conveniently comes into prominence whenever the stars would normally be right, thus making them no longer right.
Spoiler: Blobderpy (click to show/hide)
The creation of Blobderpy displeased C'thun greatly, and it sought to corrupt the constellation into a chain of madness of some sort. A noble defender of free will to the end, Gibeele interposed itself between C'thun and Blobderpy and took in its Madness and changed willingly, transmuting the corruption into a Transformation act (and briefly fixing itself in the likeness of a chain). (C'thun: -1 soft Madness act, Gibeele: +1 soft Transformation act)

Rude Awakening

The Dweller of Misery fell upon Shinka, raining furious blows with surprising finesse, but Shinka's nimble dodging prevented the Dweller from getting any hits in (target: 8, roll: 13). Annoyed at being dragged into a completely unnecessary fight, Shinka lured the enraged but surprised Dweller of Misery in front of the Eye (target: 12, roll: 9). With Shinka slowing down somewhat, the Dweller resumed its frenzied slashes but still missed the suspiciously evasive god. It was at this point that Shinka produced a deafening Eye scream, startling the Eye awake and drawing its dreadful attention! (Shinka: -1 Might, ++Suspicion; Dweller: ++Suspicion) The Dweller tried to dodge its frightful gaze, but alas, its speed was nothing before the fell saccades of the Eye. Shinka took advantage of the Dweller of Misery's confusion to fling it right into the Eye, garnering it further Suspicion but also banishing it! (target: 10, roll: 5; Shinka and Dweller: +Suspicion)

Dweller of Misery has been banished!

Woe and behold! The Eye is awake!

Creative Commons

Spoiler: Garden of Souls (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Votebox pertaining to the formation of a shared Realm
Fuck these proposals!: 1 (Shinka)
Cathedral of Souls: 3 (Gibeele, Shinka, Wanderer)
Garden of Souls: 4 (Gibeele, Shinka, C’thun, The Faceless Prince)
Field of the Dead:
The Distorted Ways: 1 (Qwitzikottle)
Sub-Vote - Allow changes via Consensus later: 1 (Twi)

Quote from: Votebox on the shape of the world
Keep the disc as-is: 1 (Susan) (Shinka)
Cloud of islands of random shapes and sizes, with the Eye-land in the center-bottom: 3 (Gibeele) (Twi) (The Faceless Prince)

Quote from: Votebox on the name of the world
Dirt: 1 (Harvey Harvest)]
The world has been named Dirt by Harvey Harvest. This theoretically has no mechanical consequence even though a cloud of floating islands is possibly a less suitable recipient for such a name than a ball of dirt-encrusted wet rock.

Quote from: Votebox on advancing to the Geological Age
No: 3 (The Faceless Prince, Twi, Shinka)
Yes: 1 (Qwitzikottle)

Astronomical Age
  • Creating suns, large moons, comets, stars, "planets," and constellations is possible only in this age.
  • Creating equipment and artifacts is possible in this age.
  • Destroying various astronomical bodies (i.e. repairing the crystal sphere :P ) is possible only in this age.
  • Assigning mechanical significance to astronomical bodies as a god is possible only in this age. Using suitable spheres is encouraged but not strictly required.
  • If more gods support than oppose a change to the shape of the world, it will be enacted.
  • If more gods support than oppose a change to the form or function of the common plane, it will be enacted.
  • It is not possible to create or terraform land/sea in this age.
  • Only the Archangel and War Form Incarna chasses are available in this age.
  • Only the Angel and Outsider servant chasses are available in this age.
  • When more gods support than oppose progression to the next age, it will be done.
Spoiler: Relevant costs (click to show/hide)

Cosmic entities
  • The Eye is awake.
  • The Noise is very quiet.

Status

Spoiler: Gods (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Suspicion (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 23, 2022, 01:13:51 am by Kilojoule Proton »

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: January 02, 2022, 01:03:13 am »

The Faceless Prince appears to sip on a teacup filled with liquid copper, or something to that effect. The mechanics of the affair is unclear.
I believe I advised calling off combat orders. Now look what you’ve done.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: January 02, 2022, 01:21:31 am »

"You say that, but he seems to have done it on purpose." Gibeele whispers, waving its chainlike limbs in silent mockery.

Use ganked Transformation Act to make a Bauble:
Name: The Chain of Mockery
Primary actribute: Light
Effects:
 + Causes infuriation
 + just that, really
 - doesn't do anything useful
Description: A simplistic length of iron chain. Its only effect seems to be a faint aura of nostalgia.

Place votes:
Dirt: 1 (Harvey Harvest)]
Dirt Cloud: 1 (Gibeele)
Quote from: Votebox on advancing to the Geological Age
No: 3 (The Faceless Prince, Twi, Shinka)
Yes: 2 (Qwitzikottle, Gibeele)
« Last Edit: January 02, 2022, 09:29:08 pm by Egan_BW »

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: January 02, 2022, 01:35:37 am »

Dirt: 1 (Harvey Harvest)
[Just let the mortals name the dang thing]: 1 (The Faceless Prince)
My vote should be rather self-explanatory. But so we’re clear, the brackets denote that it is an action to take, not a name proposed.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: January 02, 2022, 03:24:58 am »

First, hide behind Chariot so that, if the Eye tries to look at me, it will feel cooperative.
Many Dirts: 1 (Shinka)
[Just let the mortals name the dang thing]: 1 (The Faceless Prince)

From behind the whale, Shinka yields up a seed from its inner essence and surreptitiously tosses it into (a highly irregular and chaotic) orbit, where it sprouts into a tangle of wildflowers, dominated by evening primroses and morning glories.

Then, feeling it best to get this whole season business out of the way now, Shinka throws a handful more seeds into a more stable orbit in another place. Of these, only one germinates, releasing a tiny green sprout.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2022, 05:13:08 am by Maximum Spin »

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: January 02, 2022, 09:01:09 am »

[Just let the mortals name the dang thing]: 2 (The Faceless Prince, Qwitzikottle)
"urk."
Qwitzikottle grunts, as it pours rock hard liquor into its mouths as it sits back to enjoy the show.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: January 02, 2022, 09:57:17 am »

[Just let the mortals name the dang thing]: 3 (The Faceless Prince, Qwitzikottle, Twi)
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 35